Who will be Top 2 for RCIII

The poll speaks for itself.

Comments

• ugh, you need to add the poll!

stp
  • Umm.. there's no poll..

Do you mean top two teams? Top two individuals?

Teams: Kitchener HBK's... and... Milton Rocks.

Individuals: stpboy and compuease

Mark
  • Your talking poll is awfully quiet ;)

/g2
  • I'm putting my money on the table breaking the next time Mark gets up on it to celebrate a win.

I want 20 to 1 odds.
  • Top 2 teams: Milton Rocks and Milton Rocks

Top 2 individuals: g2 & 2BULLETS (in that order)

/g2
  • I'm putting my money on the table breaking the next time Mark gets up on it to celebrate a win.

I want 20 to 1 odds.

Ouch..

A: It was a chair...

B: I've lost weight! :)

Mark
  • TheBusDriver

He would have been the MVP in RC2 but he let Wolf go to the bathroom.
  • Am I the only one who can see the poll?

I am thinking Dataman Al is going to be a huge contender due to his skill level at each of these games...

Is he even playing?
  • TNORTH wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can see the poll?
    It's fixed now.

/g2
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    TheBusDriver

He's got my vote as MVP. His game has come a long friggin way.

I'm going to refrain from voting for teams at this time. No sense in jinxing it for us.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    TheBusDriver

Yes, he was classy doing that....and that may have been his only leak.
  • It would appear that stpboy has recruited his "friends" to vote for the Heartbreak Kids, just like he did for the original Grudge Match poll. I'm onto you!!!!!!!! (but NOT onto your persistent boner) :D

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    It would appear that stpboy has recruited his "friends" to vote for the Heartbreak Kids, just like he did for the original Grudge Match poll. I'm onto you!!!!!!!! (but NOT onto your persistent boner) :D

/g2

C'mon you know I don't have any friends...just those mice tha MDS posted.

stp
  • stpboy wrote: »
    C'mon you know I don't have any friends...just those mice tha MDS posted.

stp
    After some use of my pimp hand, my russian twins admitted that stpboy scammed them into voting for the heartbreak kids. You better watch your back Shannon.... I'm coming for you! And I'm not just gonna tie you for MVP runner-up this year! Runner-up title is all MINE!!!!

/g2
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Yes, he was classy doing that....and that may have been his only leak.

You have it the wrong way around....he wasn't going to exploit the leak in your game.
  • Go Lunatic Go !!
  • If Moose is playing he has my vote for MVP.
  • Just geeting in now from Vegas and will cast my vote.... g2 for MVP (honourable mention to Dr Tyore after his close win in PL Omaha over the current Orleans O8 tournament champ) and in a close one the Rocks take it down.... Just way to much talent and experience to be kept from the title again!!
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    If Moose is playing he has my vote for MVP.

I sure hope so :)
    It would be nice to actually contribute something more to the team than just a car and my captain's hat though. Maybe this time I'll break 20 points...any side action on that?
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    I sure hope so :)
    It would be nice to actually contribute something more to the team than just a car and my captain's hat though. Maybe this time I'll break 20 points...any side action on that?

Sometimes out-captaining is not enough, try outplaying, or not to get outplay will help too.
    Anyone want even odds for Pinhead to finally get over 20 points?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Sometimes out-captaining is not enough, try outplaying, or not to get outplay will help too.
    Anyone want even odds for Pinhead to finally get over 20 points?

i take 20.00 on the under

Prophet 22
  • i take 20.00 on the under

Prophet 22

Its done Brent. I got 20 on over.
  • i take 20.00 on the under

Prophet 22

HAHAHAHA Is this supposed to throw me off my game Brent? Getting bet against by a captain who scored so poorly in the last 2 events that you're not even playing this time? Thanks for the motivation :)

I remember the last time you called me out and asked what I had won lately.
    That was the satelite into KPS finale last year. 2 weeks later I finish 2nd in the championship and then a couple weeks after that I win the BSC Bender.

Would you like me to place myself against your team in the HU part so you can bring your best against me? Would be a real shame to have less than 20 points at that point, I bet you'd be wishing you could play me then to try to keep your $20

And to think I really believed I was fully motivated before this post. Thanks again :)
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA Is this supposed to throw me off my game Brent? Getting bet against by a captain who scored so poorly in the last 2 events that you're not even playing this time? Thanks for the motivation :)

I remember the last time you called me out and asked what I had won lately.
    That was the satelite into KPS finale last year. 2 weeks later I finish 2nd in the championship and then a couple weeks after that I win the BSC Bender.

Would you like me to place myself against your team in the HU part so you can bring your best against me? Would be a real shame to have less than 20 points at that point, I bet you'd be wishing you could play me then to try to keep your $20

And to think I really believed I was fully motivated before this post. Thanks again :)

ahything to help buddy!

Prophet 22
  • When I looked at the poll results on Saturday morning and saw that the GTA Piranas :fish: were dead last with only one vote, I knew how Rodney Dangerfield feels like! Out of curiosity, who was the sole objective voter to acknowledge that the Piranas would probably be a top contender again after winning Royal Cup II by 13 points?

Despite ALL FOUR of our 7-Card Studs unable to return for Royal Cup III, the Piranas were #1 yet again after the Stud/Omaha event, just like the previous Royal Cup. Just like Royal Cup II, the "fish with teeth" :fish: were again the leader heading into the Heads-Up event. It took great heads-up results from two other teams to overtake our lead. The so-called "rake-free bingo masters" are still #1 in total points over the past two Royal Cups, with an amazing 450 points.

As for the MVP predictions, nobody even thought of a Pirana again contending for the MVP title, but two Piranas dominated.
    #1. Haydn - 49 points, Royal Cup III MVP. "cheers: It was a privilege watching him grind and outplay his opponents at the longest lasting Stud table, the longest lasting Limit table, and probably the longest ever heads-up match in Royal Cup history. I think DrTyore will agree that Haydn's play at his Limit table is one of the most amazing in Royal Cup history, with Haydn making Phil Hellmuth-type laydowns and never going on tilt while DrTyore aka "Tony G" was putting everybody else watching on tilt!

#2. Cory S - 45 points. Only player in Royal Cup history to win ALL three SNGs! :o
    Congratulations to my teammates Haydn and Cory!

For the Royal Cup IV poll, instead of another popularity contest where you and your friends vote for your own team, how about an objective poll where you can only vote for another team?
  • Haydn made a great fold with the QQ.. as I'm sure I made sure EVERYONE knew....

But TonyG Analogy? Damn.. that's harsh.

Mark
  • BlondeFish wrote: »

For the Royal Cup IV poll, instead of another popularity contest where you and your friends vote for your own team, how about an objective poll where you can only vote for another team?

How is that more objective?
    So if you have a great team, you cannot vote for yourself.
    This event is supposed to be all in fun and friendship and I am sorry that you feel that your team was dissed.
    The so-called "rake-free bingo masters"
    Nice read Buddy.
    BlondeFish wrote: »
    That is a ridiculous suggestion and in no way makes it objective. Further, it is insulting since you are questioning how I rate players. Just because I grade them based on their actual play rather than on their results (regardless of how lucky they may get through horrible moves) doesn't make it a vote based on popularity.

If you want to be objective, the reason your team doesn't get many votes is because nobody knows them. There are people I play with regularly online and live on all the other teams. AcidJoe comes down to KW, I play with AJ and PokerJah online, the Rocks are all Bristol regulars, and the other 1/2 of the teams are KW (and Guelph) based. Bottom line is that 8 of the 9 teams are part of this community and know each other. I can't vote for players I don't know. That wouldn't be very objective...

Congrats to you and your team for getting lots of points at the Cup. And thank-you for finally providing some much needed RC-drama ;)
  • Haydon was an asshole plain and simple. He may have been a decent player (I never played with him) however he is an A-hole! I played against Terry from the Piranas heads up, he was a class act and an awesome player. I would love to play with him again, you should be giving props to players like him and not players that are disrespecful like Haydon.

Just my two cents. The Piranas were for the most part a class act, you can't control one a-hole player on your team. You guys are awesome for the most part.

stp
    #1. Haydn - 49 points, Royal Cup III MVP. "cheers: It was a privilege watching him grind and outplay his opponents at the longest lasting Stud table, the longest lasting Limit table, and probably the longest ever heads-up match in Royal Cup history. I think DrTyore will agree that Haydn's play at his Limit table is one of the most amazing in Royal Cup history, with Haydn making Phil Hellmuth-type laydowns and never going on tilt while DrTyore aka "Tony G" was putting everybody else watching on tilt!

Here are the 2 reasons I can't stand this guy!

I have a better suggestion, how about I start a popularity poll that your team has to be voted into the Royal Cup IV? Top 9 teams advance.

Don't hold your breath..