CHPC Season #2~ Event #4 ~ PLO

Who: See below
What: $20 PLO Freeze Out
Where: CHPC
When: Saturday April 28th @ 7:00 sharp
Why: Why the fuck not?

This will be the final event, the finals will be sometime in May depending on the final 10 and their schedules...I was hoping for a Sunday final on the May 24 weekend but that may not work out?

This is a rake free event, BYOB, BYOS, don't wake my kids, don't feed my dog, watch out for flying pucks!

1. Big E
2. melikebeer
3. ItsaMe
4. DrTyore
5. Johnnie
6. DataMn
7. Moose
8. Morty
9. Dave
10. Larry
11. Tank
12. Bob
13. 2Bullets
14. Waltsfriend
15. Compuease
16. 800Over
17. Buzzzardd
18. Wolffhound

Reserves:

Comments

• Wraych and I are confirmed.

mmm....PLO + Lee=SUCKOUTS!
  • Can you add Jeremy and I?
  • Sign me up please.
  • SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND KNOW YOUR ROLE...

Not only am I in...but the first person that outplays me (in my estimation) wlll ge a $5 bounty from me.

Mark
  • Hey Eric, Am I still in time to get into this? Love PLO! Jeff...
  • List updated!

A thought....if the wife goes to visit friends that night I may go 3 tables of 6..otherwise two tables of 8 :)
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND KNOW YOUR ROLE...

Not only am I in...but the first person that outplays me (in my estimation) wlll ge a $5 bounty from me.

Mark

ahh, the mind games begin.....the TD just doubled the bounty on DrTyore to $10!
  • If I can snag that last spot that'd be great!
  • Put me down for a $5 bounty on Drtyore.
  • Thanks,

Al
  • I'll join the waiting list too, please.

Sean
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Put me down for a $5 bounty on Drtyore.

Attaboy Johnnie, we'll show him!!!!!
  • Hey Eric, after our results in yesterdays Olympics the rest of the Rocks want in for this event if you expand to 3 tables. Can you add Dave D, Larry L and Bob S.? Thanks...
    Put me down for a $5 bounty on Drtyore.

In the same spirit I'd like to put a $5 bounty on anyone I knock out. If anyone wants to match that $5 that's great.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    In the same spirit I'd like to put a $5 bounty on anyone I knock out. If anyone wants to match that $5 that's great.

Too funny!

For the record, it sounds like whoever knocks out Mark is looking at a $15 bounty......shazam! How's that for pressure Mark!!!!!
  • Just means an extra $15 for my 1st place win

Mark
  • I dunno dude, I'm reading 'Omaha for Dummies' as we speak so I wouldn't count on it.

:)
    Just means an extra $15 for my 1st place win

Mark

Perhaps you didn't notice that I signed up...............
  • compuease wrote: »
    Perhaps you didn't notice that I signed up...............

Can't get lucky THAT often Jeff.. ;)

IIRC, that last hand *I* went in ahead. haha..... I'm looking forward to it.

Mark
  • And with all the tournament Omaha experience I get next week in Vegas, do you really think I won't be able to repeat? By the way how the heck do you figure out who is ahead preflop in Omaha? Is there a calculator for that?
  • Calculator? Nah...

Psychic guide.

Mark
  • Actually I just did a quick search, there is a preflop hand calculator for both OH and O8 at www.turningriver.com . According to it it is very hard to find a hand that is more than 70/30 favorite preflop. I used AAKK double suited against J,8,5,2 rainbow and it comes up about 70/30. I would have thought it would be higher than that. Interesting. I don't even recall exactly what we had preflop although I know you had an A and I had 4 middle cards up to the Q that all worked together....
  • I had something like AK74 2x suit

you had JQxx?

But! As I was saying about the other hand where I knew you had AA and I called anyways with my 4:1 odds.... good call.

Mark

I need to clarify something. Mark isn't your $5 Bounty for if you get outplayed?
    So if you get sucked out on, the bounty is no good? I think you need to define "outplays me(in my estimation".

My $5 (and Erics?) is to whomever busts you, regardless of suckouts. I wonder what Mario will do with the money:)

Johnnie
    I used AAKK double suited against J,8,5,2 rainbow and it comes up about 70/30. I would have thought it would be higher than that. Interesting.
    Makes sense if you ran that for O8... seeing as AAKK can't make a low ;)

How does it work out with AA23 double suited against say Q 9 5 2 rainbow? (I changed your J8 to Q9 because a 9 can't help make a low)

/g2
    I need to clarify something. Mark isn't your $5 Bounty for if you get outplayed?
    So if you get sucked out on, the bounty is no good? I think you need to define "outplays me(in my estimation".

My $5 (and Erics?) is to whomever busts you, regardless of suckouts. I wonder what Mario will do with the money:) )

Johnnie
    Yeah, Mark's not so good at getting his money in behind, so outplaying him shouldn't be too easy. We all know outdrawing him is easy, or at least that's how he tells it ;) I personally like his bounty idea.

/g2
  • Where is it just out of curiousity?
  • povedawg wrote: »
    Where is it just out of curiousity?

Kitchener, ON.
  • g2 wrote: »
    Makes sense if you ran that for O8... seeing as AAKK can't make a low ;)

How does it work out with AA23 double suited against say Q 9 5 2 rainbow? (I changed your J8 to Q9 because a 9 can't help make a low)

/g2

That was for Omaha Hi since that's what we were playing. I just tried your hands for O8 and the AA23 DS was favored 66 - 17 to scoop. the other 17% was for splits, ties, etc. Interesting though....
    That was for Omaha Hi since that's what we were playing. I just tried your hands for O8 and the AA23 DS was favored 66 - 17 to scoop. the other 17% was for splits, ties, etc. Interesting though....
    66:17 is the equivalent of 80:20 if you ignore the tie.

Aha... AAKK double suited vs AK72 rainbow is an 85:11 fave (+3% tie). 88:12 ignoring the tie.

OK I'll stop now. Sorry for the thread-jacking :)

/g2