Bristol St. Classic XXXI - Wed. Feb 21st @ 7pm (Waterloo)

13»

Comments

• Okay...

I am sitting here with my 'I Got The Nuts' poker shirt on under my hoodie and my iPod all charged up. I can't wait to play.

Drop out! Bristol is rigged anyway!
  • haddon wrote: »
    Okay...

I am sitting here with my 'I Got The Nuts' poker shirt on under my hoodie and my iPod all charged up. I can't wait to play.

Drop out! Bristol is rigged anyway!

Also remember that you can buy-in to the tournament if someone busts out in the first 5 levels. (assuming everyone actually shows up and you're still on the waiting list.)
  • And... as I write that, Bluffy had to back out which means Haddon's in!
  • FYI... I'm going offline, so if you need me for anything, please phone.
  • So, no one else dropped out yet? ...SIGH

I'm probably not going to come over unless I know I'm in, but I can be there in about 13 to 16 minutes, so please post right away if you find out you have a seat for me. I'm PMing you my phone number also, so you can contact me that way if you need.

Fingers crossed.

Sean
  • Mir and I will be there, please blind us in, should only be 10-15 minutes late.
  • Haha!
    I MIGHT be late, post and fold me please.
  • Thanks for the great tourney! Thank God for the high hand jackpot too!

800 (please don't call my sqeeze play) over
  • Here I offer up my thank-yous for the first Bristol Street tournament of the new season.

Thank-you to Moose for picking me to make the top ten this year, even though so far it looks like a bad choice.

Thank-you to my table for not making me feel worse about calling all-ins with the worst of it twice in a row.

Thank-you to Shannon for making me wait to get my money for the Raptors tickets, so I had a reason to stick around for the Omaha sit-n-go.

Thank-you to whoever short stacked Mark in the sit-n-go, so I can claim that I am perfect vs. DrTyore in PLO (1-0).

Thank-you to Aimee for providing heads-up girl-on-girl action in the PLO sit-n-go.

Thank-you to the pocket queens that held up for my first and last big pots in the cash game.

Thank-you to Josh for putting me on tilt, but giving me the opportunity to still break even for the night.

Thank-you to Kristy for making a caffeine run at 2:00 a.m. that let me stay up so late.

Thank-you to UW for having a full reading week for the first time this year, which means I don't have to teach an 8:30 class in four hours.

Thank-you to Dave, Ty, and Mark for sticking around to the bitter end for some great hands of poker.

Of course, thank-you to Rob for offering up your house and your tournament director skills for another great event.
  • That's Rob for another good tourney..... however my Bristol Street Luck continues. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck there.

Thanks to Sandy for doubling me up twice and giving me a big stack.

Thanks to Brent for going runner runner on me to take that big stack away.

At least I did get all in with the best of it and I was completely sober for this one.
  • Rob, Thanks for another great tournament!

Please, don't switch to Friday nights - I don't want to have to decide between Bristol and... well Friday nights :)

The game last night was definitely a test of stamina - That was one of the longest Bristol final tables I have ever played - And I only bubbled.

I think in the end it was the time and lack of caffiene that got me. I can't believe I went out like that....

Miranda raised from EP enough to effectively put me all-in. A combination of her position and selectiveness was enough - I think I had put logic aside because I saw a decent hand.

With AQ I am either beat by AA KK or AK, behind any other pair, or chopping to another AQ.

At that stage of the tourney even with a low stack I should be only playing First In or First Out - but the time got to me - when she flipped over AK I wasnt even surprised and that is no way to go out of a tourney.

Maybe next time, at least I got some points :)

Who took it down?
  • The final 4 were Miranda, Pete, me and another guy who's name escapes me. I finished 4th. Brent was 5th.

stp
  • Top 5 (in the money) was...

1. "SeektheGrail" Steve
    2. "Slippery" Pete
    3. "mirmir" miranda
    4. "stpboy" Shannon
    5. "Prophet22" Brent.

I'll have the full report up later today or tomorrow. Congrats to all the winners!
  • That was a really cool night and great to win the First 2007 Bristol!

Once you get your report up I will add a couple responses up on how a few hands went down. There were 2 in particular that epitomizes how the night went for me!

Steve