Steve Retains His Championship

After taking down last season's SET game, Steve came back to take top spot in Game 1 of Season 5.

S5G1CHAMP.jpg

By the time Steve and Rob were headsup, Rob was forced to move allin with almost anything. Unfortunately, Steve had pocket 7's and Rob had to settle for second place. Great game you guys. Chris placed third, and bubble was Dan.

Tonight's CHUMP was yours truly. Finally hitting my nut flush, but ran into a boat. Man, for a second there, I really wanted to be the one to give Justin his first Chump...next time though.

Great to see all the regulars out, as well as so many new faces. Romer, Cam, Rob...you guys are welcome to come out anytime.

See you all next week.

Comments

• Congrats Steve! I think that was our quickest heads-up ever! You hadn't even finished stacking your chips from knocking Chris out, and then the game was over.

After seeing you knock yours truly, Dan, and Chris out with suckouts on the river, I think it's safe to say your Ching Hill suck-out debt has been repaid ;)

It was nice to see some new faces last night...hope to see you guys again!
  • Good game every one.

Nice win Steve.....why couldn't you have J-10 or Q-10....why did you have to have the flush draw?
  • after losing to many suck out last season it was nice to have some suck out go my way.

The one that would have hurt me bad was against Eleanor, when my pocket K's went up against El's pocket A's. I hit my K on the river for my first suck out.

next was when it was down to 4 players and Dan was short stacked and was pushing all in a lot, I finally decided to call him with Kc 7C against Dan's K 8 off, and I hit my 7 on the river.

The the suckout that gave me the majority of chips in play against Chris. After the flop I was on a nut flush draw with As 4s, when i bet 1200, Chris raise all in as he had top pair and I called called chasing the flush, and made it on the river.

Great game all, and see you all next week
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    after losing to many suck out last season it was nice to have some suck out go my way.

The one that would have hurt me bad was against Eleanor, when my pocket K's went up against El's pocket A's. I hit my K on the river for my first suck out.

next was when it was down to 4 players and Dan was short stacked and was pushing all in a lot, I finally decided to call him with Kc 7C against Dan's K 8 off, and I hit my 7 on the river.

The the suckout that gave me the majority of chips in play against Chris. After the flop I was on a nut flush draw with As 4s, when i bet 1200, Chris raise all in as he had top pair and I called called chasing the flush, and made it on the river.

Great game all, and see you all next week

Once the student...now the master.

Well I was able to fend it off the first time when you sucked out the flush against my trip 5's but as I said on the flop the 8 is coming and it did on the river for the full house for me.

I totally didn't put you on the flush draw if I did I might have tossed my hand.