Beating a dead horse

I thought this might be the most appropriate area to post this simple request as it is 'site feedback' and I think I have encontered a problem. Hopefully the relevant participants check it out....

I would love to see the bashing of one 'djalikool' stop. It seems as though lately everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. I'm not defending anything he has said and really don't claim to know what he was thinking, I just know that it appears to have gone overboard. I'm just simply putting it out there, do with it what you will. I know, as does he i'm sure (not that i've spoken to him), that he's said some dumb things. We all have! He's a young guy with some <choosing words carefully> different views, he is still a member of Canada's Poker Forum and if you don't want to hear his piece then use the ignore feature....

Or whatever, continue to bash him. I just thought I'd try....

stp

Comments

• Hey Shannon,

I hate that you might think that I am 'bashing Djalikool' unnecessarily. I really enjoyed playing at North's game and would like to explain myself to you. I hope you'll think I'm being fair, once you've heard my position.

Djalikool has admitted a serious gambling problem, and is NOT contributing in a real way to this forum. He has spouts hatred, and I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow that he is deliberately LYING to the forum members with his tales of Police enforcement at local clubs. He is actively harming himself AND the integrity of this forum.

Surely something as serious as deliberately deceiving Forum members cannot be ignored?
  • I think everyone has a right to freedom of speech, and I believe everyone has a right to post whatever they wish on this forum within the guidelines set out by the moderators. That said, whatever is posted here is open for discussion, debate albeit very heated at times, and yes flaming, like it or not. Like the old saying goes, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. The one recent post in question, in my opinion, was posted with the intention of getting a reaction. Whether or not he likes the reaction he got doesn't and shouldn't matter. Rather I'd throw it back at him and say if he doesn't want the heat then don't post things like that. A wise man once said.....Stupid is as stupid does.....
  • I have never tried it, but under the UserCP menu there is a buddy/ignore list. I am not sure what putting someone on the ignore list does - but it is worth a shot if you REALLY do not want to hear from someone ever again.

Someone try it and let me know if it filters out the posts or just ignores PM's.
  • Big E there is a difference between freedom of speech and slander/libel. Like I suggested earlier..let's let this ride until tomorrow. Once we KNOW for certain that Djalikool has actively lied to forum members, action seems necessary.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Big E there is a difference between freedom of speech and slander/libel. Like I suggested earlier..let's let this ride until tomorrow. Once we KNOW for certain that Djalikool has actively lied to forum members, action seems necessary.

Understood completely, I was only refering to Shannon's comment 'if you don't want to hear his piece then use the ignore feature....'. I also completely understand Shannon...but I have a problem with this kind of argument in a public forum where people post things that are meant to be viewed, responded to, debated, or discussed. I'd rather comment something like 'don't post if you aren't prepared for either positive or negative feedback'.
  • I'm sorry for views regarding that video. I didn't think it would blow out of poportion like it did. My comments regarding people's sexuality was totally unacceptable. My post regarding the police showing up at the KW club was sparked by the negative comments left in my PM "Come and play so we can take your money you gambler"..etc.

I know im not the most liked person on this forum, but I want to appoligize for my actions/words that may have offended alot of you.

once again, sorry.....hope we can all drop this now.