Newbie Team - Apply Here!

124»

Comments

• AcidJoe wrote: »
    Ok everyone I've set up a new e mail address since teamtoronto@winning.com.

Thanks

Joe

good to have a positive outlook, but when reality will sets in I hope you have something to drown your sorrows in.

Prophet 22
  • LOL Brent:

The reality is the Royal cup is made up of some incredible poker players on 8 or 9 different teams. On any given day any team can take this down. However I'm more prepared to go in positively prepared.

BTW I'll drown my sorrows in the beer I'll be buying with your donation to the Royal :)
    If you want to play Romer your in. Welcome to the team. Altho I'm slated to play stud after making the final table in my first LIVE omaha event at the pirana olympics I'd switch if you prefer stud. Let me know.

Joe
    Of course Joe, you do know that I, the defending Olympic Omaha champion will be playing my specialty event at the Ryder so you do know that you're playing for 2nd right? :D
    LOL Brent:

The reality is the Royal cup is made up of some incredible poker players on 8 or 9 different teams. On any given day any team can take this down. However I'm more prepared to go in positively prepared.
    On a more serious note, you are totally right on this Joe.... Whenever I go play somewhere else, Vegas or wherever, I realize how many good poker players in this region there are, and how well playing our "little" events prepares us for bigger events...
  • good to have a positive outlook, but when reality will sets in I hope you have something to drown your sorrows in.

Prophet 22

sounds like a side wager to me Joe. lol. Put me down for heads up against Brent.
  • Hey Joe,

I guess I'll take a shot at stud. I have about a week to study the game. Please bare in mind I have little to no experience in stud or omaha.

Romer
  • Hey Joe

Looking forward to March 3rd

Thanks
    Pat I
  • shquals wrote: »
    Hey Joe

Thanks
    Pat I

Welcome to the team and forum! Should be a fun day.
  • If anyone needs the location please send me an e mail at teamtoronto@winning.com. I can then send one bulk e mail to everyone. Regardless the e mail will go out on Friday. This location is NOT to be posted publicly anywhere.

Joe
  • Team Waterloo is not full so If MM plays it will likely be on my team.
  • shquals wrote: »
    Hey Joe

Thanks
    Pat I
    and you are from georgetown - that hotbed of poker action? we'll have to discuss the local scene when we meet up.
  • Email sent Joe.
  • I'm looking to join a team. Email me at mikeronquillo@gmail.com

Thanks
  • We are presently full Mike.

An e mail was sent to everyone that supplied me an e mail address this morning. If you didn't receive it PM me here or e mail to teamtoronto@winning.com.

Thanks

Joe
  • Once all the placements are done I will send a copy to everyone. Now I think we need a proper name outside of the newbies. Any suggestions welcome.
  • i'd go with Uber Donks, with an umlaut over the U for emphasis

did you get my email, joe? just wanna make sure you have my address.
  • Yes I got your e mail, I replied and it bounced back. I resent again this morning hopefully you get it.
    Once all the placements are done I will send a copy to everyone. Now I think we need a proper name outside of the newbies. Any suggestions welcome.

Team Toronto is no longer the name? How about the River Kings?
  • The pirana's are going by the name GTA so I figured we needed something different.

The Toronto River Kings I like........ :)
  • I 2nd that.........the Toronto River Kings!
    AcidJoe wrote: »
    The pirana's are going by the name GTA so I figured we needed something different.

The Toronto River Kings I like........ :)
  • Ok here is the name, it finally came to me: Toronto Suicide Kings! I keep thinking of River Dance or something with River Kings... anybody second this motion? Lets finally get this settled before Sunday.
  • how about:

N.W.A. - Nuts With Attitude