Newbie Team - Apply Here!

Comments

• Although I started this thread, I'm open to suggestions on the team captain. I think it is fair to vote if everyone likes. Really I think it should be the person with the most experience with this tournament so they can give us some decent advice on winning it. Otherwise I will do the dirty work. Let me know what everyone thinks.
  • You probably want someone that knows most of the players for placement purposes.
  • pokerdro wrote: »
    You probably want someone that knows most of the players for placement purposes.

thanks, although we don't know each others style of play so it may not make a difference in the end. See what the other senior team members think. Is placement only an issue with the heads up?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Although I started this thread, I'm open to suggestions on the team captain. I think it is fair to vote if everyone likes. Really I think it should be the person with the most experience with this tournament so they can give us some decent advice on winning it. Otherwise I will do the dirty work. Let me know what everyone thinks.
    i vote for anyone willing to do it. (i know joe has some good experience with the format and is familiar with a number of the participants as well.)
  • I vote for Joe.
  • The only hiccup is the Captain has to collect the $400 for the team to compete. Maybe the best person to be Captain would be the person who knows most of the other players on the team. Sounds like Joe might be a good option. I have no problem with that... what do you think Joe, are you up for it? you know I'm good for the $50.
  • I've got a buddy who is 100% in if you still have room. Here's from Georgetown, plays downtown TO all the time. Let me know.
    Ken
  • I've got a buddy who is 100% in if you still have room. Here's from Georgetown, plays downtown TO all the time. Let me know.
    Ken

I don't mind, as long as he is certain he will show up on March 3rd and he will pay the $50 entry fee rain or shine. Can you please confirm and give me a name please.
  • I am up for it. Thank you everyone, it will be an honour.

Now for a real team name......
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I am up for it. Thank you everyone, it will be an honour.

Now for a real team name......

By overwhelming demand, Joe is our Captain. Now for the name... how about Team Rasta Disasta!
  • have we got 8 confirmed players?

as for the 50 bucks, i hope joe can vouch for me. i'll be the guy in the hawaiin shirt if you are looking to collect on game day.

team name? how about 2007 champs?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by -ANTE RIVER- View Post
    I've got a buddy who is 100% in if you still have room. Here's from Georgetown, plays downtown TO all the time. Let me know.
    Ken

I don't mind, as long as he is certain he will show up on March 3rd and he will pay the $50 entry fee rain or shine. Can you please confirm and give me a name please.

.....Done deal, his name is Pat I. and he'll be there with the $. PM me if you need any other info. We're driving in together that day.
    Ken
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    have we got 8 confirmed players?

as for the 50 bucks, i hope joe can vouch for me. i'll be the guy in the hawaiin shirt if you are looking to collect on game day.

team name? how about 2007 champs?

I can vouch for ya greg even if you are the flacid member.....OPPPs I see you changed that :)
  • OPPPS? You could have at least picked someone who could spell.
  • moose wrote: »
    OPPPS? You could have at least picked someone who could spell.
    true but for sure he can out-donk you
  • would you have preferred an ooops.....
  • If everyone lives in the Toronto area, Team Toronto might be fitting or even North Toronto if that works for most people. I prefer a new name than a name from a prior Ryder Cup so we have our own identity and don't get associated with the prior team. How about the Bradford Bulldogs?
  • I am going have to remove myself from the team, sorry. I have just been informed that I will be travelling for work and will not be back on the 3rd.
    sorry for this

pinklady
    If everyone lives in the Toronto area, Team Toronto might be fitting or even North Toronto if that works for most people. I prefer a new name than a name from a prior Ryder Cup so we have our own identity and don't get associated with the prior team. How about the Bradford Bulldogs?

LOL they are our hockey team. go bulldogs go..... :)
  • As it looks we haven't quite got a full team. In a full effort to be fair as this event is approaching can either or both BBC or Mrs Moose confirm that they are able to play. If either or both can play then I believe we have a full team again. Here is the list as I see it. By the end of this week we will have to begin placing players.

1. pokerJAH (Omaha)
    2. MDSGuy (Omaha)
    3. AcidJoe (Stud)
    4. SOS (stud)
    5. Pkrfce9 (omaha)
    6. Big Fish (stud)
    7. Pat I (Omaha)
    8. I'm on Tilt. (stud)
    Alt. BBC Z
    AltII Mrs. Moose

Thanks.
  • Hey Joe,

Somewhere in the mix you missed Pat I. from Georegtown...

Originally Posted by -ANTE RIVER- View Post
    I've got a buddy who is 100% in if you still have room. Here's from Georgetown, plays downtown TO all the time. Let me know.
    Ken

.....Done deal, his name is Pat I. and he'll be there with the $. PM me if you need any other info. We're driving in together that day.
    Ken
  • Thanks Ante River it's been changed. I need to know if he's playing omaha or stud. You can post or PM me.

Joe
  • I believe SOS is a stud.
  • MDSGuy takes down Westside on Saturday and Joe's team dominates Piranha on Sunday, the team is taking shape! Well done guys!
    MDSGuy takes down Westside on Saturday and Joe's team dominates Piranha on Sunday, the team is taking shape! Well done guys!

Thanks, but I came in second, I didn't take it down, as much as I wanted to I took the chop instead.
  • Heys guys,

just spoke to Cam (Blazin72), he told me to join....so if you need someone still, I'm available although I'm not much of a Omaha or Stud player but I can read up on it and maybe practice online. Let me know. Oh yeah, congrats MDS.
  • If you want to play Romer your in. Welcome to the team. Altho I'm slated to play stud after making the final table in my first LIVE omaha event at the pirana olympics I'd switch if you prefer stud. Let me know.

Joe
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    after making the final table in my first LIVE omaha event at the pirana olympics Joe

Hopefully I will have the same result with my first live Omaha event. Nothing like a good challenge!
  • Thanks Joe,

Just let me know which game I'm playing so that i can prepare.
    AcidJoe wrote: »
    If you want to play Romer your in. Welcome to the team. Altho I'm slated to play stud after making the final table in my first LIVE omaha event at the pirana olympics I'd switch if you prefer stud. Let me know.

Joe
  • Ok everyone I've set up a new e mail address since I can't PM everyone here at one time (5 max). Please send me an e mail indicating your game of preference (if not already chosen) so I can create a group to send e mails regarding location etc.

Our new team e mail is teamtoronto@winning.com.

Thanks

Joe