Newbie Team - Apply Here!

Comments

• List has been updated. Three spots remain if anyone is interested in playing in the Ryder Cup. Looks like there is a fee of approx. $50 per player, but it is a rake free event. For those that have participated in prior Ryder Cups, do you think a practice is in order?
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I'm on HIS table!!! ;)

you still playing the cards your dealt?
  • Hey Joe, it would be great if you can recruit a few more players, I'm really forward to playing if we can get a team together.

I think i'd also prefer Stud to Omaha but I could play either.

A practice would be useful and fun if we can get enough players together to run one especially for those that dont have much experience outside of hold em. I understand they will post the details of the different diciplines shortly but i'm sure we could also find them from the last one. It would be similar.

labeach.
    AcidJoe wrote: »
    If we have a confirmed number I"m sure I could fill the vacancies. BTW I'd prefer stud to Omaha.
  • Big Fish is in.

He prefers Stud to Omaha.
  • So I think this means we only need 2 more players or a 3rd as an alternate. Is everyone okay with the $50 entry fee and a full day of poker in Kitchener on March 3.

labeach
  • My team never had any practice games prior to the Royal Cup.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    For those that have participated in prior Ryder Cups, do you think a practice is in order?
  • thanks Blondefish; I don't mind a friendly practice to learn a couple pointers about Omaha/stud, but nothing too serious. Looks like we are down to two players to complete the team.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    1. pokerJAH (Omaha)
    2. MDSGuy (Omaha)
    3. AcidJoe (Stud)
    4. SOS
    5. labeach2002 (stud)
    6. Big Fish
    pokerJAH

Maybe there is a theme here for a team name?

"A dude was at la beach trying to catch the Big Fish, when he fell in the water after taking to much Acid. He tried an SOS, but when that didn't work, he prayed to Jah. Along came a friendly stranger from MDS who provided him with a pill to bring him back to earth. He found the nearest bar and ordered a Pink Lady and felt much better... the end."
  • I'm willing to be an alternate.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    I'm willing to be an alternate.

we are honoured... omaha or stud?
  • I can play either reasonably. I *DID* win my Omaha table back in RC1 :-)
    I can play either reasonably. I *DID* win my Omaha table back in RC1 :-)

Welcome to the team BBC. You did win your Omaha game that year. Hopefully the Heads up goes better this time. Having seen you play Omaha, I think that's the better fit for you (and the team) personally.
  • yeah, I need a new nemesis since the G2 thing seems to be played out by now :-)
    yeah, I need a new nemesis since the G2 thing seems to be played out by now :-)

Thanks be to Jesus. (hey sus)
  • Welcome to the team BBC, do you want to be an alternate or did you want to be the 7th member of the team?

labeach

Only one more player and we can confirm!!!!!!!!
    BBC Z wrote: »
    I'm willing to be an alternate.
  • I need to be an alternate because I can't commit to the first week of March considering my job situation. I could just as easily be living in the states as living in Toronto come the 3rd..
  • When would the games be held? I would be interested depending on the particulars

You can email me at sean9241@hotmail.com if there are still openings
  • Hey Chip, its played on March 3rd in Kitchener, all day, 50 bucks, can you make it?
  • Hey There...

Ok, I will join if there is still space. But like I said before the only game
    that I have really played at is NL-Holdem. So if anyone can offer advice
    on learning the game well in under a month I am open to suggestions

Pink Lady
  • PinkLady wrote: »
    Hey There...

Pink Lady

welcome to the team! try omaha on poker stars for free. we will kick ass!
  • please let me know if you are interested.
  • PinkLady wrote: »
    Hey There...

Pink Lady

I would recommend going to any site that offers play money games and playing omaha or stud till you get the feel for the games. there are also many sites that offer rules/tips on playing these games. I'm sure the limit part of hold em should be no problem.
  • If MrsMoose doesn't end up on my team, it may be possible for her to play team Newb.
  • moose wrote: »
    If MrsMoose doesn't end up on my team, it may be possible for her to play team Newb.

sure, but the Newbie team is full at this moment; she could be our 2nd alt. if she would like. We want to make sure we have a full team for the 3rd.
  • Hi Newbie team, one of the other teams is looking for a player and I'd like to move over to their team as I know most of the team. With two possible alternates I hope this wont be an issue.

labeach
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    sure, but the Newbie team is full at this moment; she could be our 2nd alt. if she would like. We want to make sure we have a full team for the 3rd.
  • Have fun with the kids lab.
  • moose wrote: »
    If MrsMoose doesn't end up on my team, it may be possible for her to play team Newb.

I have added her; is she interested for sure? please confirm asap so I can try and find someone else.
  • Hi Newbie team, one of the other teams is looking for a player and I'd like to move over to their team as I know most of the team. With two possible alternates I hope this wont be an issue.

labeach

You have been removed from the winning team. We may have a free spot again?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I have added her; is she interested for sure? please confirm asap so I can try and find someone else.

Just hold MM as an alternate for now. Find someone else first.
  • need another player? good at headsup and nl.