Newbie Team - Apply Here!

Anyone interested in playing in the Ryder Cup but you don't have a team (or have been thrown off an existing team), let me know. Time to give the veterans a run for their money and add a little new blood to the mix.

1. pokerJAH (Omaha)
2. MDSGuy (Omaha)
3. AcidJoe (Stud)
4. SOS (stud??)
6. Big Fish (stud)
7. Pink Lady (omaha)
8. pkrfce9 (omaha)
Alt. BBC Z
AltII Mini Moose

pokerJAH

Comments

• I am hereby declaring myself a Free Agent.

I was the original captain of Toronto 1, but had to withdraw, then I was unable to make RCII, I will definitely make RCIII if a team will have me.
  • welcome to the team! And with Captain experience.. good start... things are shaping up!
  • Hey pokerJAH, where abouts are your games located?
  • I assume the Ryder Cup will be held in the Kitchener/Waterloo area again.
  • still lots of room for new players. Let me know if you are interested.
  • Sign me up, I'll make a trip to the dark side. How about SOS and charlie? I"m sure I could get some bradford callingstations if we need players :)
  • I think pkrfce9 is looking for a team?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I assume the Ryder Cup will be held in the Kitchener/Waterloo area again.

It's in Kitchener.
  • SOS is in.

He was on Team Toronto in RC1.
  • I think that I would be interested, but I don't really know what the Ryder Cup is and when the tournaments are held. Could I get some more details.
  • It's March 3rd in Kitchener.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    It's March 3rd in Kitchener.

I will have to withdraw my interest unfortunately. I have a work commitment until 4:00 p.m. that day.
  • List has been updated; still lots of room if anyone is interested. Now all we need is a team name.
  • MDSGuy wrote: »
    SOS is in.

He was on Team Toronto in RC1.

I don't see him on the updated list. Also has anyone contacted pkrfce to see if he wishes to play on the team?
  • just to confirm, SOS is interested in Team Newbie? Is he on the forum? Any women want to join the team so we don't get charged with discrimination? Keep us in line, etc :)
  • I would be interested in playing. I would like more details from someone about the Ryder Cup. I have seen things posted in the past but still would like some information. If there is space I think I would be up for the challenge.
  • PinkLady wrote: »
    I would be interested in playing. I would like more details from someone about the Ryder Cup. I have seen things posted in the past but still would like some information. If there is space I think I would be up for the challenge.

Vicky,

the Ryder Cup is a series of 8 man sit n go tables playing various disciplines of poker. Pot Limit Ohmah, Seven card stud, Limit poker, No Limit Poker and Heads Up. Each person is part of a team and earns points for that team. At the end of the day the team with the most points us the winner.

Round One there are 4 tables of Pot Limit Ohmah and 4 tables of 7 card stud. You have to be able to play in one of these games.

Round Two Limit hold 'em, each team member will be at a different table.

Round Three NO Limit hold'em each team member will be at a different table. The captains play at their own table for this discipline.

Round 4 Everyone will pair off as captains pick players to play each other for 10 points a match. One of the most exciting parts of the day.

At the end of the day, the team with the most points is the winner. The day is a long one but lots of fun.

It will be one of your highlites of your poker year.

Prophet 22
  • I've been trying to explain the RC tournament to family/friends for months, and I've never been able to explain it so efficiently. Well done, Brent!

The Royal Cup is truly one to the best events of the year. It's so cool to meet and play with other forum members, and compete as a team.

I can't wait!

Johnnie
  • thanks Brent, it might be good to have a separate post to explain the Ryder Cup for everyone; if anyone is interested in joining the team, let me know and I will add your name. Should be a great day. We can figure out the allocations once the team is complete. Team is shaping up nicely.
  • still lots of room on team Newbie. Let me know if interested.
  • any interest Pink Lady in joining the team? list has been updated. For those signed up, let me know if you prefer omaha or stud (or either). Cheers.
    any interest Pink Lady in joining the team? list has been updated. For those signed up, let me know if you prefer omaha or stud (or either). Cheers.
    I think I am going to pass, I need a lot more experience playing both those
    games before I could be part of a team. I would feel terrible if I didn't do well to support the team. So for now I think I better get some more table experience for both those games.

But thank you.

"Pink Lady"
  • Hi, i'd be interested in playing, I played in the first Royal Cup but didnt make the 2nd one. How many confirmed on the team now ?

labeach
  • four spots left and one alternate. Pink Lady, I wouldn't worry about letting the team down. Its all in good fun and to be honest, I haven't played either of these other formats much either. Omaha is pretty similar to TH just more cards to make your hand. Its really about getting together to have fun playing some cards. If we win, this is a plus!
  • I might be interested in this one. Blondefish gave me a brief summary about this event but hasn't responded to me yet. Can you give me details pokerjah? (When, Where, how it works, etc. etc.)
    Omaha is pretty similar to TH just more cards to make your hand.

I'm on HIS table!!! ;)
  • PokerJAH, I will play, does that mean we only need 3 more to put a team in?

IM ON TILT, as I understand it, The Royal will take place on March 3 in Kitchner. Its an all day poker tournament that is played in several different poker games. Its alot of fun.

labeach.
    IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    I might be interested in this one. Blondefish gave me a brief summary about this event but hasn't responded to me yet. Can you give me details pokerjah? (When, Where, how it works, etc. etc.)
  • Whats the update on this?

Do we have a team?

Who is on the team?

Are we IN the RCIII?

BTW, I prefer Omaha over stud.
  • I think we still need at least 3 more players to put the team in.
  • MDSGuy wrote: »
    Whats the update on this?

Do we have a team?

Who is on the team?

Are we IN the RCIII?

BTW, I prefer Omaha over stud.

If we have a confirmed number I"m sure I could fill the vacancies. BTW I'd prefer stud to Omaha.