CHPC Season 2 - Event #3 'NLHE Bounty': Sat Mar 17th @ 7:00 pm.

2»

Comments

• 25% increase to the buyin 2 days before the event?! I call shannigans!
    I'm cool :D
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Ok, so now it's $20 for the tourney, $5 for the bounty, I"m adding $5 MORE on Mario this time, I owe Moose $10 for the NCAA pool (Gonzaga!), and I'm paying for Wraych.

Wooo...gettin' pricey!

I'm such a donk.

Johnnie

A few guys signed up but didn't get their picks in time so I am overriding Arthur Wong's, where Gonzaga is picked to win every game, and all upsets for the others. If you finish last I will give you back your $10.
  • moose wrote: »
    A few guys signed up but didn't get their picks in time so I am overriding Arthur Wong's, where Gonzaga is picked to win every game, and all upsets for the others. If you finish last I will give you back your $10.

Cool if I win, I'll split it with you.

Bring a really pretty chip for Mario:D
  • Eric,

Please put me on the waiting list. I'll check to see if you get a couple cancellations on Saturday...

Can you please PM me the directions to your place?

Thanks!

Ranger Mike
  • moose wrote: »
    Eric, you got a plan for what to use as the bounty chip? I can bring some different chips. I've got orange dice and also the ones I won at MXM. Also I still have 4 chairs in my trunk.

Jordo is bringing some Molson Canadian chips for bounties but bring something just in case they are similar...and I can definitely use the chairs, bring as many as you can fit in your trunk :)

Thanks Moose, I also have two filters for you.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    25% increase to the buyin 2 days before the event?! I call shannigans!
    I'm cool :D

Just make it out this time damn you ;) !!!
  • Big E wrote: »
    Just make it out this time damn you ;) !!!

Don't worry, Wraych and I are bringing him.

We're also heading to Fireside for supper beforehand, if anyone is interested in joining us.

Johnnie
  • Thanks BigE.

I am coming from London around 6 pm so blind me in if I am late. Mario - don't forget my cell phone. Obviously it is a lucky cell phone since you won the last tournament with it.
  • Hey Eric...Im sorry can you please take me off the list (ITS MANDY)....Thanks ;)
  • That sounds like a challenge. Eric, you are welcome to put my $5 towards the year end trophy as well.

He He Not at all, please use it for the bounty...I've just tried a few times to give the fin to Jeremy but he's stubborn. I just wanted to let him know I'll use it for the trophy instead of wasting it on Tim's "Roll up the Rim to Play Again" contest.

:)
  • I just got word my schedule has just changed. I might be like 30 min late. Blind me in.

Nobody bust out until I get there.

Mario I am looking at you - you donk!
  • SO there is a 20% increase in the buy in an extra fin on my head with a pretty chip to go with my hat, a lucky cell phone and i'm going out first. Man I better go to firesides for dinner to prepare for this event.

See every one at 7pm(excluding Johnnie).
  • p.s. I am delegating the holding of the money, I may get loaded tonight....some home brew is ready for drinking :)
    p.s. I am delegating the holding of the money, I may get loaded tonight....some home brew is ready for drinking :)
    I hope you threw a little green dye in some of the bottles in honour of St. Patty's Day.
  • I hope you threw a little green dye in some of the bottles in honour of St. Patty's Day.

I should have thought of that prior to capping....but I do have some I can add to the glass ;)

Green Beer.......yum!
  • The real Irish wannabes will be drinking Guiness! Alas, not me I'm driving.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    The real Irish wannabes will be drinking Guiness! Alas, not me I'm driving.

I have a homebrew stout you can try, chocolate marzipan. :)
  • Congrats to 'Ranger' Mike for winning the tournament, and for collecting the Double bounty on Mario.

I was lucky enough to finish 2nd, 'Kanga' Jenn in 3rd, and 'buzzard' Dave 4th.

Thanks for hosting the game Eric! I hope Mark didn't traumatize the boys too much!

Johnnie
  • Thanks for a fun night of poker Eric. Great to meet more of you fine Forum people. Glad Mike put my chips to good use. Congrats.

Buzzzardd Dave
  • Soldier dudes are the best bounties ever!

Mark even scares small children. You should have showed them your car.
  • Well, congratz to the money winners from Saturday night...Johnnie summed it up...RangerMike making his first appearance (and last....kidding) took down first with JohnnieH having a nice run and taking second. Jenn had a good showing taking third and another first timer (and last....kidding) Buzzzardd took fourth. I was sandwiched between Buzzzardd and 2Bullets and I blame that and only that for my quick exit. Wraychel unfortunately was our bubble girl...still a nice run even if she didn't hit the money! I had fun,hopefully everyone else did as well? Sorry I don't have any interesting notes on hands I just wanted to drink :)

I realized a few things over the course of the night tho......

1. Army men make the coolest bounty chips ever, thanks Jordo for thinking that one up....the more bounties you have the bigger your squad gets and they do a nice job protecting your chips too!

2. I've come to the sad realization that I am completely and utterly outclassed by most of the forum members when it comes to poker, hence at the end of season 2 I will be retiring from poker for good.

3. Mark scares people...and with his mad wrestling skillz terrified my youngest by putting some double reverse sleeper choke hold on him, he cried for hours.....no just kidding Mark, he was totally fine....like I said he is just shy...no harm done so DON'T feel bad. I'm just messing with ya bro! :) At least you didn't put the Undertaker's patented move on him?

4. Read #2.

5. Jordo and I make pretty decent home brew and I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of it Saturday night.

Thanks again all, remember the PL Omaha next month is the final regular season game with the top 10 facing off for the final deep stack event for the trophy!!!! The current top 10 players are: (only those eligible ie: 2 or more events are listed)

1. Itsame (Mario) 44 pts.
    2. Waltsfriend (Sandy) 32 pts.
    3. DrTyore (Mark aka 'PileDriver') 42 pts.
    4. JohnnieH 35 pts.
    5. melikebeer (Jordo) 34 pts.
    6. 2Bullets (Jeremy) 28 pts.
    7. Nicole (Nicole) 27 pts.
    8. Big E (me) 24 pts.
    9. Moose (Rob) 24 pts.
    10. PokerQueen (Mandy) 20 pts.
    10. Morty (Sean) 20 pts.

With the tie for 10th and Jenn and Wraychel well within striking distance at 17pts this next event will be important!!!
    hence at the end of season 2 I will be retiring from poker for good.

You're joking, right?
    Big E wrote: »
    With the tie for 10th and Jenn and Wraychel well within striking distance at 17pts this next event will be important!!!

uh-oh. I'll give it my best, but it's a crap-shoot when you're playing against a field of PLO donks. :)
  • Whooo!

2nd in points, AND I kicked a 6 year old's ass! Good night... ;)

Mark
    I was sandwiched between Buzzzardd and 2Bullets and I blame that and only that for my quick exit.

Every time you raised I seemed to have a big hand. Your timing was perfect.
    And you're right, Jeremy is a helluva player.
    Big E wrote: »
    Mark scares people...

I think it was actually Marks new "man clothes" that scared him.
    But they actually looked good on Mark.
    No, really.

Hope I can make it to your PL Omaha game next month. I have never played so you will definitely want to be at my table for that one.

Dave
  • morty wrote: »
    You're joking, right?

uh-oh. I'll give it my best, but it's a crap-shoot when you're playing against a field of PLO donks. :)

It will be the night of the donks...and I have been known to be a joker. ;)
  • Thanks for hosting E. Finally got my butt out to one of your events, but too bad I'm too big of a donk to do anything...

SEE YOU in season 3! I'm not taking a no for an answer :D