CHPC Season 2 - Event #2 'Crazy Pineapple': Sat Feb 3rd @ 7:00 pm.

Feb 3rd: 7:00 PM Sharp!!!

3 Tables was a little much for me last time so I'm going back to just two tables but I'll squeeze 9 around each if necessary...this will be a nice small, relaxed game for those interested.

$10 buy-in, with 1 ~ $5.00 rebuy allowed in the first 4 levels if you bust out completely. There will also be a $5.00 add-on at the end of round 4. Top 4 will pay and as always this is a RAKE FREE event.

1. Big E
2. melikebeer
3. DrTyore
4. Tank
5. Kangax5
6. Wally
7. Lee
8. Itsame
9. Moose
10. Morty
11. DataMn
12. Johnnie H
13. Wraychel
14. Waltsfriend
15. Nicole
16. King Mob
17. Mandy
18. Jeremy

Reserves:

Comments

• Hi E,

Sign me up!

Al
  • Eric:

Sign me up please. I am looking forward to my second chance at Crazy Pineapple. Are there standard rules somewhere? There was some confusion about the details the last time I played.

Sandy
  • I'm in for now.
  • yes sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Eric:
    Sign me up please. I am looking forward to my second chance at Crazy Pineapple. Are there standard rules somewhere? There was some confusion about the details the last time I played.

You're dealt three hole cards, followed by a round of betting.

Deal the flop, then starting with the Small Blind, everyone still in the hand discards ONE card. Then hand is played exaclty the same as Hold'em until the pot is awarded.

It's basically Omaha Light. I think Erics' game will the No Limit, or maybe Pot Limit, I'm not sure.

Johnnie
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    You're dealt three hole cards, followed by a round of betting.

Deal the flop, then starting with the Small Blind, everyone still in the hand discards ONE card. Then hand is played exaclty the same as Hold'em until the pot is awarded.

It's basically Omaha Light. I think Erics' game will the No Limit, or maybe Pot Limit, I'm not sure.

Johnnie

Actually I am looking to clarify a few of the details. For example, do you fold your throw in card up or down? If you show your throw in card, what is the order they are exposed - or is it simultaneous? Do you bet after the flop and then throw your card or do you throw your card and then bet after the flop?

Sandy
  • Actually I am looking to clarify a few of the details. For example, do you fold your throw in card up or down? If you show your throw in card, what is the order they are exposed - or is it simultaneous? Do you bet after the flop and then throw your card or do you throw your card and then bet after the flop?

Sandy
    Discards are always face down, or at least they are supposed to be.... You bet the flop, then discard before the turn card is exposed. Jeff..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Discards are always face down, or at least they are supposed to be.... You bet the flop, then discard before the turn card is exposed. Jeff..

Crazy Pineapple: face down.

Insane Pineapple: face up.

We're playing CP.
  • Sorry Eric, I don't think I will be able to make it. Amy goes back to work from maternity leave the Monday so she will be madly trying to prepare her courses for the first day of the semester. Unless the baby can play (he will probably eat more chips then he bets), you have another free seat.

Adam.
  • Yes, I debated the Crazy versus Insane Pineapple and decided to go with Crazy...although the Insane version sounds interesting I wasn't sure if having everyone seeing the discards would slow the game down or not.

I want this to be a relaxed, fun, yet semi-serious game :)

I think it'll be a good time given the players list, a lot of fun yet talented people...can't wait! Glad to see Wes sign up too!!!!!!!
  • Hey..Could you add Me, Jeremy and Nicole to the waiting list please :)

• Big E wrote: »
    Glad to see Wes sign up too!!!!!!!

About time I make it out to one of your events after missing the entire first season.
    Can I get back on the mailling list now? :D
  • Maybe Insane Pineapple for the side game? I'm sure I'll be at the side game.
  • Put me on the list
  • moose wrote: »
    Put me on the list

I knew you were in but forgot to add you, you'll be tops of the list with Mandy, Jeremy, and Nicole right behind you....I may open this up to 9 or 10 per table to get you guys in but I just don't want to swing 3 tables....I hope everyone understands.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    About time I make it out to one of your events after missing the entire first season.
    Can I get back on the mailling list now? :D

LOL, of course.

Johnnie

Yeah, I think it creates a bit more play but does not take as long as Omaha to deal and such, and we are not playing any Low it will be NL High only....maybe I should call it 'senseless pineapple', it's not really crazy or insane but it should be a fun time, plus we'll order Pepis?!
    plus we'll order Pepis?!

Then you mean Heartburn Pineapple.

I see a Double Bacon+Hot Pepper in our future.
    Then you mean Heartburn Pineapple.

I see MANY Double Bacon+Hot Peppers in our future.

mistake corrected!!!

:)
  • Hey..Could you add Me, Jeremy and Nicole to the waiting list please :)

I'll make room for Nicole.
    I'll make room for Nicole.

Awwww....Thanks Eric.....Ur awesome ;)
  • Crazy Pineapple weekend is almost here...I was thinking about the whole rebuy ~ add-on thing....I'm thinking now maybe 1 rebuy if you bust out but no add-on....what does everyone think?

My thoughts~I wanted at least 1 rebuy in case someone who does not know pineapple all that well busts out early but I do not want to flood the table with chips or make the game crazy like a rebuy tourney? I also don;t want to adjust my blinds to allow for the extra chips :)
    Crazy Pineapple weekend is almost here...I was thinking about the whole rebuy ~ add-on thing....I'm thinking now maybe 1 rebuy if you bust out but no add-on....what does everyone think?

My thoughts~I wanted at least 1 rebuy in case someone who does not know pineapple all that well busts out early but I do not want to flood the table with chips or make the game crazy like a rebuy tourney? I also don;t want to adjust my blinds to allow for the extra chips :)

I'm cool with 1 Rebuy. I know I'll need it!
  • i need to drop out
    sorry
    me
  • folded wrote: »
    i need to drop out
    sorry
    me

too bad Cory, I always enjoy playing against you, hopefully next time!

That moves Nicole up 'legally' into the last position!

I just remembered I had to give all the chairs back that I had borrowed for the last few tournies....does anyoe have a few folding chairs?
  • Ok, reduced the amount of rebuys to 1 but left the add-on ;)

See you all Saturday and if you can bring a folding chair please post or pm, I think I need around 8-10. :(
  • I will bring chairs. How many?
    I will bring chairs. How many?

How many do you have Moose? I could sure use at least 8 and if people don't want to use those brutal black 2 I have then 10.
    if people don't want to use those brutal black 2 I have then 10.

Huh?

I have then 8.
    Huh?

I have then 8.

Excellent Moose, thanks, if you could bring all 8 we'll be good to go. Did you not experience the joy of using one of the 2 black chairs I have, they are really tilted forward so when you sit normally on them your forehead rests nicely in the cup holders?

I'll make sure I have one at your spot Saturday :)