Cook Crew Main Event, Jan. 27 @ 12pm, Kitchener

Comments

• beanie42 wrote: »
    The list has been updated. I can't believe this is still 3 weeks away... :(

If you want a pre-lim run at this you can always come out to West Side The week before. ;)

Prophet 22
  • If you want a pre-lim run at this you can always come out to West Side The week before. ;)
    Still negotiating/scheduling, but thanks for the reminder...
  • add me to the list
    carmaker
  • I was gonna say add me to the list. But Apparently, I am in. lol
    Now that I think of it I do remember Joe telling me about it. oops
    I will be there due to work I now have sundays off. So ya I can play in saturday tourneys now and not worry about leaving early for work. ya!!!!!
  • Can't wait for this!

b
    eanie, i've got tuns of extra ummm... cards, chips, and chairs. let me know if you need anything ;)

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    beanie, I've got tuns of extra ummm... cards, chips, and chairs. let me know if you need anything ;)
    LOL - thanks Greg.

In all seriousness, we have lots of room still left since I can host up to 8 tables. However, I will need to get additional chairs if we get up that high. While sign-ups will not be closed, I won't be setting up 8 tables for 4 tables worth of players, so a rush of sign-ups next Friday night may be too late for me to make arrangements. I will be arranging for any supplies I need next Thursday based on sign-ups + 1 table, so if you are planning on coming, please sign-up soon!

As a personal hosting goal, I'm really hoping that we can get at least 57 players, since that makes top prize a very pretty number... :D
    As a personal hosting goal, I'm really hoping that we can get at least 57 players, since that makes top prize a very pretty number... :D

Ha! You think so... but no!
    beanie42 wrote: »
    Prizes below first will be rounded up to the next $5.
    prize pool = 50*57 = 2850

1st place - 35% = = 985
    2nd place - 20% = 570 = 570
    3rd place - 14% = 399 = 400
    4th place - 11% = 313.5 = 315
    5th place - 8% = 228 = 230
    6th place - 6% = 171 = 175
    7th place - 4% = 114 = 115
    8th place - 2% = 57 = 60

/g2
  • Forgot about rounding - oops! 58 it is...
  • If we somehow get up to 57 players but not 58, I'll throw the extra $15 in myself. I like pretty numbers ;)
  • sign me up

Prophet 22
  • Trev,

I meant to ask if you are planning a dinner break?

Brent
  • Trev,

I meant to ask if you are planning a dinner break?

Brent

He usually has one in which almost everyone orders a Pepi's meat lovers pizza.....except mario or mark who order 2 each.....
  • I meant to ask if you are planning a dinner break?
    Yes, there will be a 1-hour dinner break after level 9, so probably around 5:30. Players are welcome to order in and eat at our place, but everyone is on their own to make dinner arrangements. And as Joe mentioned, Mark coordinated a fairly large Pepi's order last year.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    He usually has one in which almost everyone orders a Pepi's meat lovers pizza.....except mario or mark who order 2 each.....

Except me and Cam, last year we had chinese food! We will see what the food favours are this year.

Brent
    1. "beanie42" Trevor
    2. "kangaX5" Jenn
    3. "Pinhead" Brad
    4. "DrTyore" Mark
    5. Vince D.
    6. "stpboy" Shannon
    7. "Blondefish" Buddy
    8. "compuease" Jeff C.
    9. "g2" Greg - (The Champ)
    10. AcidJoe
    11. Aimee
    12. "ItsaMe" Mario
    13. "westside8" Wes
    14. "DataMn" Al
    15. "pokerjah" Jim
    16. "2Bullets" Jeremy
    17. "PokerQueen" Mandy
    18. Shopsy
    19. Haddon
    20. "SeekTheGrail" Steve W.
    21. "Big" Bob S.
    22. Dr. Larry L.
    23. "the bus"
    24. Mike
    25. "waltsfriend" Sandy
    26. "liquidfire" Andrew K.
    27. Ian K.
    28. "magithighs" Lou
    29. "carmaker" Geoff
    30. "TheProphet22" Brent
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    Confirmed.

Is it just me, or is Johnnie not on the list?
    (a few days left to the event!)
  • lol...Thanks for the love Wes, but I had to withdraw. Damn Brantford!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll be at the next one that isn't $50.

Johnnie
  • Add Todd P to the list. He says he wants to come out to the hotbed o fpoker action. BTW he wants a side table to happen after he busts out :)
  • If possible put me down as a tentative, upon approval by the boss ;)..

ATM_GP
    PS Tentative for me is about a 90% probability, something this big is worth getting into a lot of trouble at home for...
  • Trevor can you PM me your address. I can get there using Map Quest so no need to also send directions. I know where Stanley Park is.

Also I may have a friend interested in coming Saturday. He will come with me if he decides he can make it. I told him to signup here.

Thanks Steve W.
  • Hi Trevor,
    Steve W. said I should RSVP here for Saturday's tourney.
    So yes, please count me in.
    I'll catch a ride with Steve so no need to forward directions.
    Thx
    Dave
  • Just curious, but if there are only ~30 players signed up by Saturday are there any plans to change the structure? E.g. 40 min blinds, more starting chips, etc.

/g2

post 1234 hehehe :)
  • Trevor can you PM me your address.
    You don't seem to have PM enabled, so I can't send you anything. You'll need to change your forum profile or PM me an email address.

For all players who have requested them, directions will be sent out tomorrow.
  • g2 wrote: »
    Just curious, but if there are only ~30 players signed up by Saturday are there any plans to change the structure? E.g. 40 min blinds, more starting chips, etc.
    Barring a mass rush of sign-ups today, I do have some ideas for lengthening the tourney. However, players signed up for the tournament as posted, so any changes will simply be suggested just before we start, and will need unanimous approval by all the players.
    Barring a mass rush of sign-ups today, I do have some ideas for lengthening the tourney. However, players signed up for the tournament as posted, so any changes will simply be suggested just before we start, and will need unanimous approval by all the players.

How about 1 hour blinds and 20,000 starting chips :) Just a suggestion
  • I'd like a seat please. I've never played at one of your games before so I'll need directions.

Thank you.

sstar Sean
  • what time do you anticipate this ending beanie?
  • specialK wrote: »
    what time do you anticipate this ending beanie?
    Around midnight.
  • Even with only ~32 players, this slow-grind tournament will last over 10 hours, plus breaks. IMHO, there is no need to lengthen it even more - unless we can sleep over with the Russian twin sisters! ;)
    beanie42 wrote: »
    However, players signed up for the tournament as posted, so any changes will simply be suggested just before we start, and will need unanimous approval by all the players.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Even with only ~32 players, this slow-grind tournament will last over 10 hours, plus breaks. IMHO, there is no need to lengthen it even more - unless we can sleep over with the Russian twin sisters! ;)
    I crunched the numbers on some of my ideas last night and came to the same conclusion. Even with only 32 players this thing should go till midnight. I'd love to add even more play, but that would make this a multi-day event (which isn't possible). The tournament structure will go ahead as posted, regardless of how many players we start with.
    I crunched the numbers on some of my ideas last night and came to the same conclusion. Even with only 32 players this thing should go till midnight. I'd love to add even more play, but that would make this a multi-day event (which isn't possible). The tournament structure will go ahead as posted, regardless of how many players we start with.

Heck we had 11O players and 25 minute blinds, it when to midnight

Prophet 22