Poker Olympics (K-W on Jan. 7)

Since I cannot wait for the next Royal Cup, I will be participating in a similar team event on Sunday, January 7, 2007. Events include 7 Card Stud, Pot Limit Omaha, No Limit Hold'em SNG and a double-elimination Heads-Up tournament. It will start at Philthy McNasty's in Waterloo, and end with a big Hold'em tournament at St. Louis Bar & Grill in Kitchener, where all six members of each team get to play.

See this link for more information and an email address to ask any questions.

Comments

• I'm interested.. lemme see if I can fish up a team...

Just to clarify, there are two separate events going on, or are some games at Philthy's and some at St. Louis? Any fees?

Mark
  • Mark, my understanding is that the first four events are at Philthy McNasty's, then the big hold'em tournament will be at St. Louis. I believe that it's a freeroll, and you get an add-on if you show a bar receipt.
    When: Sunday January 7th, 2007
    Where: Philthy McNasty's Waterloo
    Teams: 6 Players

First Event: 7 Card Stud
    -2 Players from each team will take part in this elimination style tournament starting at 12:30 pm
    -Each position is worth 2 team points
    -15 minute blind levels

Second Event: Pot Limit Omaha [reg not hi-lo]
    -2 Players from each team will take part in this elimination style tournament starting at 1:00 pm
    -15 minute blind levels

3rd Event: No Limit Holdem Sit N Go
    -1 person from each team will take part in a sit n go table tournament starting at 1:00 pm
    -15 minute blind levels

4th Event: No Limit Holdem Double Elimination Headsup Tournament
    -1 person from each team will take part in the double knockout headsup tournament starting at 1:15 pm
    -No add-ons
    -10 hand blind levels
    -20 minute match maximum [most chips at end of time wins]

Final Event: Freezeout Tournament
    -All team members will take part in this event
    -Will be held at St. Louis in Kitchener at 6:00 pm
    -Regular structure blind levels

Details:
    Check-in will begin at 12 Noon.
    Any team members who are not present at the end of the first blind level in any of the tournaments will take a loss.
    Due to the complexity of this event, no registrations will be accepted after January 4th, 2007 at midnight
    Registrations must be made by email to craig@piranapokerinc.com with team name, all team members names and what events they'll be playing.

Please email me if you have any questions.
  • Odd that you have to go a travellin...

But oh well... anyone interested in being on my team? There's three spots open, but I'm waiting to hear back from two people...

Current Roster
    "Drtyore" Mark
    "stpboy" Shannon
    "JohnnieH" Johnnie
  • what's the prize(s) for the winners?
  • It sounds kinda "fishy"

We don't have to sit through a sales pitch to buy a time-share or something do we?

More info please!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    It sounds kinda "fishy"

We don't have to sit through a sales pitch to buy a time-share or something do we?

More info please!

LOL, Johnnie, you are a card! Just made me spit my drink all over my keyboard.... u owe me.....

Let's see if I can hustle up a rocks team.......

And since this is a pirana poker event, methinks they may have "stolen" the idea from us... lol.. and the nerve of them, holding it in our own backyard. Let's go get the team title back. Even if this a much lower ranked event than the Royal/Ryder Cup, it's still a chance for payback.
  • My bad, I should learn to read. Still don't think I can play tho.
  • Hey Mark, have you got a team entered as yet? I tried contacting the person that Buddy suggested but haven't heard anything back.
  • I've got the same as posted above... still waiting to hear from people who've apparantly neglected the forum because of "family" pffffffft...

Mark
  • Sorry Mark,

I've got to bail I booked my trip to Vegas and won't be back until Monday the 8th. I'm super pumped to go to Las Vegas though baby!! Yeah Yeah!!!

stp
  • Hey Mark, if neither of us get enough to field a team, perhaps we can form one together. We can call it the Pokerforum Team. Lets see how it develops, we have until the 4th.
  • I have a team in the works.
  • haddon wrote: »
    I have a team in the works.
    Have you had any response from Pirana?
  • stpboy wrote: »
    Sorry Mark,

I've got to bail I booked my trip to Vegas and won't be back until Monday the 8th. I'm super pumped to go to Las Vegas though baby!! Yeah Yeah!!!

stp
    Come on Shannon,,,, Vegas or free local bar tourney. Isn't it a tough choice? OK then, guess Vegas wins.... lol.. Have a great time and be sure to write a trip report. You can leave out the stuff that happens inside the hotel room.... Wait on second thought maybe some of these guys would like that report too. In any case.. ENJOY!
  • signed up on the site and stuff...finalizing a last player.
  • I think it will be like the Royal Cup where at least six teams have to register first before the event can go ahead, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed to another weekend. I did get a reply, so anybody with questions can use that email address or forum. My teammates have started using steroids and blood doping, so we will win the Olympic gold medal! ;)
    stpboy wrote: »
    To stpboy and anybody else going to Las Vegas, see http://www.pokertournamentformula.com/las_vegas_poker_tournaments.htm for tournament schedules and ratings. Good luck!
  • Thanks guys, I will definately write a trip report as I plan on playing a little more poker this time. I may put a little of the 'good stuff' in the report as well for those guys that aren't gettin the sweet stuff at home ;) LOL.

I can play in this the following weekend if it is delayed.

stp
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    My teammates have started using steroids and blood doping, so we will win the Olympic gold medal! ;)

Wait a minute, you mean there is no peeing in the bottle required?

To stpboy and anybody else going to Las Vegas, see http://www.pokertournamentformula.com/las_vegas_poker_tournaments.htm for tournament schedules and ratings. Good luck!

That's an awesome link. The Golden Nugget seems to have a sweet tournament set up for my weak/tight/tricky/aggressive/passive/calling station type game play.

stp
  • Does anybody know if World War III aka Royal Cup III ;) is still scheduled for February, or will it be postponed?
    Does anybody know if World War III aka Royal Cup III ;) is still scheduled for February, or will it be postponed?

It hasn't been scheduled as yet.
  • I think it should take place in May or later... just to save me the drive back from Ottawa :)

... but either way I am in

/g2