Bristol St. presents -- "Merry Xmas Maddness 3" - Fri Dec 29th @7pm (Waterloo)

The 2006 Bristol Street Merry Xmas Maddness
No-Limit Hold'em Tournament
Friday, Dec 29th at 7pm.
(psst... a summary of this year's changes is listed as a follow up post)

The gift giving season IS BACK!!! The Xmas season is all about gift giving (and getting!) and beating those mad rushes to get the best gifts while the clock ticks down to Christmas Eve. The Bristol Street Merry Xmas Maddness tournment contains all the best (and worst) aspects of the season and should make for that tournament that's... very interesting. (Please note, to celebrate the coming New Year, this tournament is a little less serious that some of the others) The details....
$5 Entry for 1,000 chips.
Unl. rebuys in the first 4 levels (2 hours); $5 for 1,000 (you must bust out to rebuy)
One add-on available at the end of Level 4. $5 for an extra 2,000 chips.
And... a Bag 'o Presents available at every table!!
Payout: (rounded to nearest $5)
1st place - 35%
2nd place - 20%
3rd place - 14%
4th place - 11%
5th place - 8%
6th place - 6%
7th place - 4%
8th place - 2%

Maximum number of Players: 48 - 6 tables of eight (Please RSVP)

At the beginning of the tournament, each table recieves one "Bag 'o Presents". If you play a hand down to the river and one of your hole cards is the "2 of Hearts" -OR- the "A of Spades". You must pull one present (at random) from the Bag 'o Presents. Each Bag will contain the following...

One green 25 chip
Two black 100 chips
Four purple 500 chips
Two yellow 1,000 chips
Three "Special" White chips
Three "Special" Blue chips
Three "Special" Red chips
Three "Special" Light-Blue chips
Three "Special" Pink chips
Three "Special" Orange chips
Three "Special" Grey chips

The "Special" Chips.

White - "Merry Christmas!" - The player pulling this chip may exchange it for one free re-buy or add-on.
Blue - "Secret Santa!" - The player pulling this chip is feeling especially generous and will be moving All-In blind on the very next hand
Red - "Gift Exchange!" - The player pulling this chip, exchanges all their chips with the all the chips of the player to thier left.
Light Blue - "Don't open your Presents Early!" - If this chip is pulled before the first break, you get a green 25 chip from the bank. If it's pulled after the first break, it counts as it's value (5,000)
Orange - "Christmas in Omaha" - At any point, trade in this chip for 2 more hole cards. Use any combination of the board cards and your four hole cards to make the best hand. If you still have this chip after the first break it becomes it's value (2,000)
Pink - "SUPER ULTRA-SECRET XMAS PRESENT!!!11OMG1!!" - Choose one of the 15 sealed envelopes, open it, and see what you get!!!
Grey - "Bah Humbug!" - Keep this chip until you win a pot or bust out. While you have this chip you only get dealt one hole card. If you still have this chip after the first break you can exchange it for a black "100" chip. Bah-Humbug.

Special rules for the "Bag 'o Presents"

1. You do not need to win the hand at showdown in order to claim a present. (But you do have to show your cards!) Your hand needs to either be still in play after the final round of betting, or All-In with at least one caller.
2. If you bust out (but win a present), the present you've drawn is appiled after you re-buy. If you choose not to re-buy, you don't pull a present. If it's after the rebuy period and you bust out. You are still in the game with only the chip you pull from the bag. (We'll call it a "Last Minute Xmas Gift")
3. If you pull a present that's already been coloured up... the present is discarded. Tough luck! Feel free to shout, "Bah, Humbug!"
4. The white, red and blue chips will be removed from the bag during the first break. For each one removed a yellow chip (1,000) will be put back in. Pink Chips get replace by Orange (2,000) chips. Orange and Grey ship stay in the bag and retain their value (2,000 and 10,000)
5. If a table collapses and there are still presents on it, the presents are randomly distributed to the other bags. We will randomly determine the tables to be broken down, players will re-draw seats as each table collapse.
6. New rule: "The Night Before Xmas" When there are 10 minutes left in the 4th blind level, the clock is paused and play on all tables is paused once the current hands are done. The puck is moved and, starting with the small blind, each player may optionally draw once from the bag of presents. Once everything's resolved, the clock is unpaused and play continues.

Blind Schedule (30 minute levels for 1->4, 20 minutes per level thereafter)

Level 1: 25-25
Level 2: 25-50
Level 3: 25-75
Level 4: 50-100
(BREAK: Complete add-ons. Clean up the Bag 'O Presents)
Level 5: 75-150
Level 6: 100-200
Level 7: 100-200 (25)
(BREAK 10 minutes)
Level 8: 150-300 (50)
Level 9: 200-400 (50)
Level 10: 300-600 (75)
(BREAK: Race off 25 chips)
Level 11: 400-800 (100)
Level 12: 600-1,200 (200)
Level 13: 800-1,600 (200)
Level 14: 1,000-2,000 (300)
(BREAK: Race off 100 chips)
Level 15: 1,500-3,000 (500)
Level 16: 2,000-4,000 (500)
Level 17: 3,000-6,000 (1,000)
Level 18: 4,000-8,000 (1,000)
Level 19: 5,000-10,000 (1,000) **capped

(Note: breaks after 100 race off will be on an as-needed basis)

This is a less than serious tournament to celebrate the end of the 2006 Bristol Street season so the number one rule is.. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please RSVP your spot, please send me a message. If there's a question you have, or if you discover a rules inconsistancy, please let me know! All tourneys at Bristol Street are rake free.

Rob.

Comments

• Reserves

1. "Zithal" Rob
    2. "8Ball" Tye
    3. "LostMyEmail23" Brad
    4. "Beanie42" Trevor
    5. "Kanga" Jenn
    6. "DirtyWhore" Mark
    7. "DataMn" Al
    8. "STR82ACE" AJ
    9. "AcidJoe" Joe
    10. "AcidJoesHo" Aimee
    11. "Moose" Rob
    12. "MrsMoose" Fran
    13. "g2" Greg
    14. "compuease" Jeff (DEFENDING CHAMP!)
    15. "ddmilkan" Dave
    16. "Dr" Larry
    17. "BIGBOB" Bob
    18. "KristySea" Kristy
    19. "JohnnieH" Johnnie
    20. Wraychel
    21. "haddon" Josh
    22. "Pinhead" Brad
    23. "2BULLETS" Jeremy
    24. "PokerQueen" Mandy
    25. Nicole
    26. "Redington" Tyson
    27. Braden
    28. "Slippery" Pete
    29. "nordique" Kevin
    30. "stpboy" Shannon
    31. "Bluffy" Jeff B
    32. "King Mob" Dave
    33. "melikebeer" Jordo
    34. "Metro" Tom
    35. "SeekTheGrail" Steve
    36. "Big E" Eric
    37. "ItsaMe" Mario
    38. "All-In" Steve
    39. "magithighs" Lou
    40. "pkrfce9"
    41. "Shopsy" Jeff
    42. "Quaine"
    43. "Quaine+1"
    44. "Ineedanick" Dave
    45. "labeach2002" Steve
    46. "ElElliot"
    47. Chris
    48. "folded" Cory

Waiting List

1. "Redington" Tyson
  • Summary of Changes for 2006.

(like anyone remembers last year's rules, anyway)

- Attempting to increase capacity to 40 people which means I'll need to borrow some chairs and a table-top
    - "Omaha chip" now goes away after the first break (it was a little too game-breaking) and is now Orange
    - Pink chip has a new function this year.
    - When a table breaks, the remaining chips are now added to the remaining tables.
    - New "Night Before Xmas" rule has been added. Added more chips to each bag to make up for this rule.

That's about it, nothing too major, but still should be fun.

If anyone has any prizes they'd like to donate to be given out, please PM me.
  • I'm in

Mark
  • Sign me Up!!

Al
  • I'm In I'm In I'm In!!
  • In. Confirmed. And I am now known as "Wed" :D
  • E mail sent to you Rob.
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Attempting to increase capacity to 40 people which means I'll need to borrow some chairs and a table-top
    Done. How many chairs do you need? For table-top, do you need a table or just a table-top (and if just the table-top, octagon or long rectangle)?
  • MM and Moose please.
  • Please sign me up!!!!!!

/g2
  • I second beanie's 'how many chairs do you need'? We can each bring half.

/g2
  • Rob, please sign up 4 Rocks, myself, Jeff C, Dave D, Dr Larry L and Bob S. I also sent email. Thanks.... Jeff..
  • sign me up please
  • If it's not sold out, please confrim Wraychel and I.

Johnnie
  • I'm in! Werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!
  • IN IN IN IN IN IN!!!!!

In case you couldn't tell, I'd like to play
  • Rob,

Please add Mandy, Nicole and I for this one!

Jeremy
  • We're updated as of 6:30pm and are at 33/40 players. I'll send Trevor and Greg details of what I need in PM's over the next couple days.

I also saw a note in last year's thread that I altered the blind schedule to add antes and make the post re-buy period a little less harsh, so I'm going to check the schedule I used and update the OT as appropriate.

Since it's a Friday, side games are welcome to go on through the night, so if you bust out, feel free to stick around and play a few more games. BYOBALOF's (bring your own beer and lots of five's) Please arrange for a cab, or alternate transporation or crash on my floor if you plan on having a couple.
  • ooooo oooo pick me! pick me! sign me up please
  • Please sign up Ryan_yo as well.

stp
  • put me in the game coach.
  • Count me in........Steve W
  • I can't believe I missed this, thanks for the heads-up Moose!!!

Good God, Sign me up please!!!!!!

I can bring a couple chairs if needed....and Jeff, I'll bring your chips!
  • rob sign me up
  • Can you add a friend of mine Rob, melikebeer~Jordo.

Thanks!

E.
  • stpboy wrote: »
    Please sign up Ryan_yo as well.

stp

Hey Rob, didn't see Ryan's name on the list... my lack of cool looking avatar may have been the problem..

stp
  • i would be a fool to miss this..sign me up rob!!!
    + 1 probably (if there is room..if not....screw him!!) :)
  • Please sign me up. Should be a blast.

Dave P.
  • Hi, i'd like to play if there is still space. thanks

labeach
    Steve L