Home Game at the Recently transformed bachelor pad

13»

Comments

• Well, let me take you through my thinking...

You'd raised pre-flop, so I thought you had a pocket pair... the board of 5-4-2 probably didn't hit that. When I called, I was thinking you had an over pair (best case scenario) and hoped you didn't have the made straight or set (worst case scenarios), but I put you on a pair, maybe two pair, and in that case, my hand of 3-4-J-10 has outs of:

A - 4
    6 - 4
    J - 3
    10 - 3
    4's - 2
    3's - 3 (though I don't like this draw because it gives an easy straight down)

So, I have 19 outs with two draws , now if you had two pair, my straight or over two pair is good for 14 outs, and with a set, that only leaves me with Aces and 6's, for eight outs (not horrible still).

Omaha is all about escape valves, I had plenty, so I called.. I think we both played it pretty well.

mark
  • Thanks,

I'm glad to see your thinking..I'm not entirely sure of your definitive answer to my question as to whether I was aggressive..or just reckless?

But I'll take the "we both played it pretty well" to imply that my all in wasn't a super-donk choice.

I appreciate the time and help!
    Kristy
  • Hrmm.. sorry... for some reason I'm F$#KING TIRED today... damned late nights

I think your push was a good one... the board had straight possibilities, but if I don't have it, then I'm put to a decision, if I do have it, you still have outs, so it's a good move. At a full table - not so much, but head's up, two pair is still pretty huge.

Mark
  • Looks like a great time was had by all!! Congrats kristy!

I wished to could have been there to see the "pony" ride that Mark was giving. Never mind, I can imagine it.

Thanks to all for the PMs and posts. I love this community.

Johnnie