Cook Crew Bounty Shootout, Dec. 1 @ 7:00pm, Kitchener

13»

Comments

• Looking forward to it!
  • Congrats to Trevor... he copied Rob, just like Rob copied me, and won his own tourney!

/g2
  • Thanks for hosting guys!

Congrats Trevor!

Thanks for the suck out, E!

Johnnie
  • Congrats Trevor. I am glad to see my chips went to good use.
    Thanks for a short but fun game. That was the loudest table I have ever played at with Mark, Tye, Mandy and yourself. Can't wait till I get to play with all of you again.

Dave
  • This was a really fun format to run and play - thanks to everyone for coming out! We ended up with 25 players - just enough to need a fourth table - so we were playing short-handed for the first half. The "winners" of each table who advanced were:
    - "Stephon Marbury" Pete and "waltsfriend" Sandy
    - "BigE" Eric and "g2" Greg
    - "Beanie42" Trevor and "DrTyore" Mark
    - JohnnieH and "westside8" Wes

Final table started off very quickly with Pete going out first. He was followed by Mark and Sandy and we were in the money! Surprisingly things seemed to slow down a bit, but rather than due to tightness, the chips were moving around constantly (but not staying anywhere). The motto of the night was get in really bad and win. A perfect example was Greg's 22 vs Eric's J7. Greg flops the boat, and Eric catches the running boat on the river with his 7 - ugly (and normal for the night). Johnnie went out in 5th for $20 and Wes followed in 4th for $40.

When we started 3-handed, I had just over half the chips. But when Greg busted Eric (in third for $55), we were almost even (I had just over 22k to his 18k). HU was mainly back and forth, but we finally got all the chips in with my AK against g2's A9 pre-flop. I knew I was destined to lose against my own hand, and I was down 4-1 with 8k. I somehow clawed my way back, and after regaining a small lead picked off a semi-bluff by Greg with 2 pair to end it. Greg got $95 for second, and I won $165 with my second Cook Crew victory and my first rung in the Triple Crown.

My personal trip report was a night having to make really tough calls. During the preliminaries, I folded KK to Mark on a garbage board when he flopped the straight (with 3-6). At the final table, a half-dozen times on the river with the board showing a straight and a flush my garbage would improve to trips. My "play of the night" was calling half my stack on the river with a flushed A-high board - my 10-high was good! Definitely not an easy night for me, but I guess the week off helped ;)

Thanks to everyone for coming out. We're unsure of when our next event will be due to the Christmas season, but to whet your appetites (and plan your schedules) our all-day deep-stack Main Event is slated for Saturday, January 27.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Thanks for hosting guys!

Congrats Trevor!

Thanks for the suck out, E!

Johnnie
    Don't worry Johnnie, I dedicated my A4 vs E's AJ suckout to you buddy!

/g2
  • ....not to mention the rivered A to knock me and my K's out :) but hey it was a very fun and crazy game....sorry about the bad beat Johnnie....I don't think it was a bad call, it was definitely a bad (or the wrong) read ;)

Thanks for hosting and congratz Trev, it was a very fun night!!!!
  • congrat's Trevor, It's always nice to win your own.

Unfortunately for the one I ran I couldn't copy any of you. Busted out at the final table. Now AJ's the one who needs lessons on how to win your own tourney.
  • I'd like to point out that BigE seems to be running pretty good lately. Congrats on your recent improvement.
  • moose wrote: »
    I'd like to point out that BigE seems to be running pretty good lately. Congrats on your recent improvement.

Thanks Moose, I appreciate the comments....I think I have loosened my game up a bit, not to imply I'm playing loose but I think I played some hands at Trevor's that they did not think I would play....and I made some very difficult calls (two on Trevor when he bluffed/semi-bluffed a flushed board, for decent pots, sorry Trevor...right or wrong I reasoned through the hand and in both instances just did not have any reason to think my hand was not good) that a few months ago I probably fold? I just think I'm getting more comfortable mixing it up more and I don't think I'm playing as weak/tight as I used to. I was in the position of being short stacked and almost out both in the first sng and the final table and felt very good to battle back in both cases rather then tilt and do something stupid, I wasn't afraid to gamble. There were some crazy hands at the final table and it truly did feel that you had to get in with the second best hand as you'd likely suck out. As Beanie said we moved the chips around pretty good and with 3 of us left and Beanie in the lead I raised it up with K7 only to have Greg come over top with Ax, A5 I think? K7 isn't much but 3 handed with a big pot and odds to call I quickly did call....Greg played a great game I think I never had a clue what he had, he made some fantastic bluffs and I think just played great....obviously the whole final table played well but Greg and Trevor were very tough, so was Wes...we had a long battle with 4 players before Wes dropped out. Anyways, a king on the flop and I was looking forward to battling Beanie headsup...Greg would have had a few chips left but Beanie and I woulda finished him off :)
    No A on the turn and I'm looking good....but as it went the whole night, the river brought eaxactly the card you didn't want to see...G2 got his A and I was out in third!

Trevor I really liked the format...and I'm thinking of doing something similar for my CHPC event #2....perhaps a 'Crazy Pineapple Bounty Shootout Rebuy Special'?

I'm thinking a single table SNG, Crazy Pineapple, 1-rebuy allowed, top 3 go on to the final table. The re-buy would include a second bounty chip and the rebuy is only good during the first SNG...the entire first SNG!?
  • Congratulations Trevor. It was obviously a good night of poker for the Cook Crew.

Going out on the bubble was a little disappointing, but the poker overall was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to playing again.

On another note, I agree with Eric about Greg's play. I could not read him at all. I tried to make a move on him after seeing him bluff and bully several times. Unfortunately, I picked the time that he had top pair and top kicker. I didn't see the end of the tournament, but I did see some very good poker at the final table.

Sandy
  • Hey Trevor....

Congrats and thanks for a good night.....Cant wait till the next one :)
  • Good job, and Thanks for not Kicking at me as the Big Bad Bruins bop the Leafs AGAIN!!!! > Needed post to get rid of the "you have not posted banner"

Milton Slim
  • Yippee
    Congrats to you too Beanie

2 posts in one day, I'm becoming a typing maniac!!!!!

Milton Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    Good job, and Thanks for not Kicking at me as the Big Bad Bruins bop the Leafs AGAIN!!!! > Needed post to get rid of the "you have not posted banner"

Milton Slim

Unfortunately for me I made a bet on the first game and the Leafs won and I didn't bet on the next 3 my Bruins took :(
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    I won $165 with my second Cook Crew victory and my first rung in the Triple Crown.

Congrats Trevor, I'll update the thread. Nice work! Perhaps I need to open up my own Poker joint so I can win a tournament!! Lol.

stp