BigChris Wins BIG!!

BigChrisEl is the Winner of Game 1!! But man, it was close.

Chris and Allen headsup, Chris goes all in...Allen hymns and ha's for a couple of moments, says he has to get lucky sometime, and calls with J10...only to see Chris flip over JJ.

G4S1CHAMP.jpg

Allen hits the flop hard, getting a straight draw, and you can tell Chris was nervous...the 8 of clubs comes on the river for his straight, and starts count his chips for Chris to match up. It took me a moment, but I noticed something weird...pointed to Chris's Jack of Clubs...and said FLUSH! The card that gave Allen the straight, gave the game to Chris!!!

After Chris's little jig, and Allen pulled out some hair, Chris took home $425 for his victory. Allen took $212 for his straight finish for second. Steve managed to keep his short stack for third place and $130, and Jeff took down fourth for $85. I was the bubble boy.

Tonight's CHUMP was newcomer GarryC. Sorry, Garry...honestly, the new guy USUALLY does really well in this league...guess it wasn't your night.

S4G1CHUMP.jpg

We had a total of 19/21 players show up for the game, a great way to start the new season. Thanks to everyone who showed and played. I will get in touch with Amanda and finalize all the SET and TOC changes in the next couple of days.

Great game one and all.

Comments

• Good game Chris. Nice to see you didn't blow the chips I dumped your way.
  • derksen wrote: »
    Good game Chris. Nice to see you didn't blow the chips I dumped your way.

Blow your chips??? Man, that hand was a Go Broke hand if I ever seen one!!

Set over Set over Set?
  • Great game last night.

I have to thank AJ for hosting and for being the only one to see that I made the flush. 2 dealers and 2 players didn't see it but the tournament director did....I guess that's why your in charge. (Some MGD is coming your way for that one.)

The hand of the night had to be Wyndham, Derek and my self’s 3-way all-in. (I think I’ll remember this one for a long time.)

Both Derek and I were trapping each others with our sets (him with pocket 4’s and me with pocket 10’s on a board of 4-5-10) when the turn (another 5) made us both a full house, poor Wyndham decides it's time to take the pot down (with his J-5) not realizing that with his trips both Derek and I had filled up. Wyndham walked right into the middle of a minefield on that one.

It’s good to get a win; I was one of the ugly cousins last season so getting a win in the first game gets it out of the way. I can’t wait until next week.
  • AJ thanx for putting on a great event even though I chumped out I still had a good time and it was nice to put some faces to the names.

I look foward to redeeming myself at the next event :D

Garry
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Great game last night.
    (Some MGD is coming your way for that one.)

NO, NO, NO...LGD, not MGD!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    NO, NO, NO...LGD, not MGD!!!

What is it again then?
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    What is it again then?

THE GOOD STUFF!! ;)
  • What a way to start the season! A little chaotic, but a lot of fun...I can't believe I didn't see the flush on that last hand....crazy!

It was definitely a bit of a twilight zone night for me though....me calling raises with K5s, and Terry folding Aces on a paired board. The ElTrain has been derailed - y'all can trust me on that one. I need to get my head back in the game....or else Chris is going to be funding my buy-ins!

Nice to see some new faces (hi Garry!) and some old faces returning.

Thanks AJ for hosting a fun night, as always!
  • If you are doing some rule changes AJ, then see if you can work in my new invention called "Life Guards".... That is what everyone heard at the table when I was trying to say that Allen had "Live Card"???
    Sorry, I no talk canada good..

AC
  • ACDC wrote: »
    If you are doing some rule changes AJ, then see if you can work in my new invention called "Life Guards".... That is what everyone heard at the table when I was trying to say that Allen had "Live Card"???
    Sorry, I no talk canada good..

AC

I thought that was a name for a hand that I hadn't heard before....like a name for pocket 3's, or Derek's tight.
  • Congrats Chris,

When we all coluded to screw you out of that last pot, no one had any idea that AJ would crack and come clean.

Does anyone else sense another season of the Elliott domination.
  • I dunno, maybe it's the blurriness of the chump picture, or maybe it's just me, but does anybody else think the Chump and Champ look remarkably alike? At least in these pics?

Maybe this is an omen and Chris will chump out next week? ;)
  • I never realized it, but yea, they DO look alot alike! Long lost brother or cousin maybe? Perhaps Chris was the twin that got sold or raised by monks somewhere?

Sorry about the quality of the Chump pic, thought it was just my old eyes that were blurry.

CHRIS FOR GAME 2 CHUMP!! (unless Justin gets it, he has yet to be Chump in three seasons...this MUST stop!)
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    CHRIS FOR GAME 2 CHUMP!!

Well I tried real hard to be the chump but then Allen called my all-in with only Ace high and then doubled me up. Maybe next week.