Cook Crew "Superstars" Event, Oct. 28 @ 7:00pm, Kitchener

13»

Comments

• Hey Trevor can you add me to the list. I changed my mind.. I will be tired for work but ... oh well.. Plus the extra hour will be good ...
  • Can u please add Nicole to the list please ;)
  • List updated - 1 hour till doors open - I'm getting pumped!
  • Sorry Trevor, can't make it out.
  • trevor I am coming but mught be a bit late.

Prophet :2h :2s
  • Thanks for the great idea!! Enjoyed every bit of it until i ran into aces twice within 4 hands.

Mike
  • Thanks for a great night Trevor & Jenn. I don't know what was better, the caliber of poker or the fantastic people. I can't wait to play in another event.
    Don't forget Jason, I still owe you one. Thanks for making me look like a donk at the final table.

Dave
  • Thanks to everyone for coming out - it was a blast. We stayed pretty close to schedule, with the final table starting just before midnight and a winner decided just before 2am.

The preliminaries were controlled by Dave, who had 2 firsts and a second for 27 points. With each preliminary paying $15, Dave was already on a freeroll. The final table was rounded out with 10 more as the final preliminary result caused a 3-way tie for the 9th spot.

The final table consisted of:
    "Buzzard" Dave - 6750 chips
    Pete - 5000
    "qt" Jen - 4500
    "2Bullets" Jeremy - 4500
    "Moose" Rob - 3750
    "CanadianCuse" Mike - 3750
    Alex - 3250
    "MiniTD" Jason - 3250
    "8Ball" Tye - 2750
    "Ranger" Mike - 2750
    Miranda - 2750

Things happened quite quickly and people started dropping very early, despite the larger stacks. When it got down to 6 players, Pete was a dominating big stack and the other players were jockeying for money position, but never really challenged him. In the end, nobody could overtake him and he ended up winning. Congratulations Pete!

The final table finishing order was:
    11th Miranda
    10th "Ranger" Mike
    9th "qt" Jen
    8th Alex
    7th "CanadianCuse" Mike
    6th "2Bullets" Jeremy
    5th "Moose" Rob
    4th "MiniTD" Jason
    3rd "Buzzard" Dave ($55)
    2nd "8Ball" Tye ($85)
    1st Pete ($145)
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for coming out - it was a blast.
    "MiniTD" Jason - 3250

Well done, Jason!

I'm pretty sure I owe someone (g2?)$5 for the stake.

Congrats to the money finishers, and to the Cook Crew for returning to the world of hosting.

I'll be at the next one, for sure!

Johnnie
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Well done, Jason!

I'm pretty sure I owe someone (g2?)$5 for the stake.

Congrats to the money finishers, and to the Cook Crew for returning to the world of hosting.

I'll be at the next one, for sure!

Johnnie
    Yup, you owe me $5, and so does westside8. Then I owe Trevor $15. It'll all get settled at Bristol Wednesday :)

Congrats on the great game Jason, I hope you had a ton of fun!

/g2
  • Hey guys, thanks again for the great night!

The tourniment concept was fantastic! And the final table was the largest (11 players) I'd ever played at. Also one of the most fun. (Glad there was no "swear jar"! lol)

Great night, great people!

The only down side for me was 2nd place. No 2nd KWTC for me. YET!

Tye
  • I went out after Jeremy, Trev.
  • Special thanks to Trevor and family for hosting! Also, thanks for making a first-timer feel welcome. Hope to see you all again.

Pete
  • THanks Jen and Trevor

Was a great night..Had fun..Great game Jason...
    :)
  • It was a great tourney. Thanks for the great night! (Even if I wasn't in the money!)