Cook Crew "Superstars" Event, Oct. 28 @ 7:00pm, Kitchener

The Cook Crew is pleased to announce:

:DThe Cook Crew "Superstars" Event :D
No-Limit Texas Hold'em Tournament
Saturday, October 28th at 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

After a long hiatus we are finally able to start hosting again! For our return, we would like to have a one-night event similar to "Poker Superstars". For a $20 buy-in, players will play in 3 preliminary sit-n-gos, and the players with the most points will advance to a fourth "final table" sit-n-go. As with Superstars (and due to time constraints), the preliminary rounds will be fast-paced (and slightly chaotic), but the final table will allow far more play. Prizes may be rounded within $5 to facilitate payouts. "Robert's Rules" will be used to resolve any disputes. People are free to play additional games during and after the main tournament as tables become available.

Preliminary Rounds
Ideally we will have 8 players per table, but we may have 6-9 person tables (depending on how many register). The blind levels will be 25-50, 50-100, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400, 300-600, 400-800, 500-1000, and 1000-2000 (also known as the "widow-maker" ;) ). Players will receive 2500 chips, and each level will be 12 minutes long (so each match is expected to last around 90 minutes). 30% of the prize pool will be used as a prize for the winner of each preliminary SnG. 10 points will be awarded to the winner, with the next 4 players receiving 7,5,3,1 points respectively.

Final Table
The top 9 players from the preliminaries will advance to the final table, with each player receiving 250 chips per point. The blind levels will be 25-25, 25-50, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400, 300-600, 400-800, 600-1200, 800-1600, and 1000-2000. Each level will be 15 minutes long, so the final table should take around 2 hours. The remaining 70% of the prize pool will be split between the top 3 50/30/20%.

Example
A quick example since this format is a bit different. Assuming 32 players, the total prize pool will be $640. we will have 4 tables of 8 for the preliminaries, with each preliminary winner receiving $15 (640 * .3 / 12). This leaves $460 for the final table which will be split $230/140/90.

When registering, please include your first name and last initial. If you need directions, let me know by PM. For reference, I am located in the Stanley Park area of Kitchener. BYOB BYOS.

***** PLEASE RSVP TO RESERVE A SEAT *****

Comments

• 1. "Beanie42" Trevor C.
    2. "Kanga x5" Jenn C.
    3. "TwoThree" Braad
    4. "8Ball" Tye
    5. "AcidJoe"
    6. "TheProphet22" Brent
    7. "Str82Ace" AJ
    8. "MirMir" Miranda
    9. "pokerdro" Sandro
    10. "Debaser" Mike M.
    11. Sandy G.
    12. "CanadianCuse" Mike
    13. "Tankards"
    14. "2Bullets" Jeremy
    15. "PokerQueen" Mandy
    16. "paulwong" Alex
    17. "MiniTD" Jason
    18. "StephonMarbury2" Pete
    19. "Ranger" Mike
    20. "Moose" Rob
    21. "pokerJAH" Jim
    22. "Buzzzardd" Dave H.
    23. "qt" Jen
    24. Aimee
    25. Nicole

Waiting List
  • Is Jason allowed to play? =D
  • Sounds like a lot of fun, Trev. Please sign me up.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of fun, Trev. Please sign me up.

I second that emotion. Sign me and Aimee up. I'll have to confirm her work schedule etc but I should be good.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Is Jason allowed to play? =D
    He usually is - it just depends whether "sponsors" show up ;) . However, the format of this one means he'd be playing a little later than he's normally used to.

Actually, that's a good point for everyone. For those of you who are not used to still being in the main tournament past the first break ;) , the 3 preliminaries mean you are guaranteed to be playing still at 10pm...
  • Trevor, can you put me down as tentative right now? That's my daughter's b'day party weekend, and I'm not exactly sure at this point how involved she wants me to be in it. Hopefully, she will want a house filled with screaming 12 yr old girls and I could use the excuse of a out of town game to sneak away from that chaos!!!
  • I think i'm ready for my return to live poker... put me down.
  • I think I'm free that night. Holy crap! Count me in.
  • Rob,
    Isn't that night the night of the Halloween party, or is that Sat night?
    beanie42 wrote: »
    Actually, that's a good point for everyone. For those of you who are not used to still being in the main tournament past the first break ;) , the 3 preliminaries mean you are guaranteed to be playing still at 10pm...

Thats a relieve, at least you won't hear any "CASH GAME!" screams for the first couple of hours.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Rob,
    Thats a relieve, at least you won't hear any "CASH GAME!" screams for the first couple of hours.
    LOL - don't count on it. Those who bust quick and are waiting for the next prelim will have some time to kill. I think the screams should start at about the 17 minute mark ;)
  • Sign me up, please. Welcome back Trevor and Jenn :)

Is this going to be a KWTC event?

I'll sponsor Jason for $5 if he wants to play (and can get $15 more in sponsorships).

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Is this going to be a KWTC event?
    Assuming we get 16 players (http://pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=8187), yes.
    g2 wrote: »
    I'll sponsor Jason for $5 if he wants to play (and can get $15 more in sponsorships).
    Thanks Greg! Jenn and I are always good for 1/4 of his buy-in, so he's half-way there ;) . I'm always more concerned about the humiliation for those he ends up taking out :D
  • I didn't read it all.. sign me up and someone explain it to me later.

Mark
  • greg can you pick me up?
  • specialK wrote: »
    greg can you pick me up?
    Sure. We'll figure out the details closer to the 28th. Anybody else who needs a ride from near UW I've got some more seats. Johnnie u in?

/g2
  • Count Me In!
    Tye

P.S. -- I didn't read the Whole thread before I posted.
  • Crap, I'm going to a Hallow'een party that night, so I'm out.

However, I'll still chip in $5 for Jason to play!

Good luck all,

JohnnieH

lol....I just read all the replies. Thanks for the offer, g2. Next time!
  • Put me down as a Tent, for now, I will know by the end of the week

Mike O
  • put me down as tent as well.
  • Count Mandy and me in!!!

2BULLETS
  • Hey Trev, can you save 4 spots for the Milton branch of the Rocks, Bob S, Dave D, Larry L and myself Jeff C. Will have to confirm Dave but I believe he is about done with his other love... Golf...
  • Please reserve 2 spots
    Moose
    Mmoose
  • Trev,

Please book the soon to be MRS and myself.

Sandro
  • Hey Trev,

Put me down as a maybe for now. I'll confirm later in the week.

Thanks,
    Tim H
  • Trevor,

Sounds like fun. Please count me in.

"Ranger" Mike B
  • Hey Trev,

I think you forget to add me to the list.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    I think you forget to add me to the list.
    You are correct - my bad :( - you're in now.
  • pokerdro wrote: »
    Trev,

Please book the soon to be MRS and myself.

Sandro

Congradulations!

Or maybe it should be condolences?? :)
  • Trevor, what are ya doing....I thought your games were Friday nights?

I have a Halloween euchre party that night that I specifically booked for Saturday night ages ago knowing full well the Cook Crew would be back in action on the Friday. :D Alas I will have to miss this one.

:mad:
  • Doh!

Pull my name off.. I'm committed to the euchre thing....

Mark