WPT Canadian Open - Any Satellites?

Is anyone planning on running a satellite for the $2,700 buy-in to the WPT Canadian Open event? There seems to be a lot of satellites for the bigger $10,000 event, but not much interest for this lower buy-in event. A $50-$100 buy-in tournament would likely be affordable for most players on this forum. Any takers?

PokerJAH

Comments

• Hopefully, Zithal, Ranger or compuease will have time to host such a satellite. 8)

I participated in a satellite for a CPO seat this week.  All the players agreed to share a small percentage in case the satellite winner makes it to the money at the WPT.  We all wrote down our names, phone numbers and email addresses to make sure that we can contact each other.  We simulated the exact same structure of the Step 2 WPT satellite, i.e., 2,000 starting chips, 20-minute WPT blinds starting at 25/25.

I had the chip lead when it got down to two players.  I called my opponent's all-in with a 93% chance of winning the seat after the turn, but he sucked out one of only three outs on the river to have a dominating chip lead. :rage: I eventually managed to take back the chip lead and was again well ahead against his all-in hand, but I got another bad beat on the river and was crippled.  He won the seat, and I got the excess cash.  The tournament took around three hours and we were around the 7th WPT blind level of $300/600 + 100.

There was a lower-stakes tournament nearby, where I won. There was a cash game after, and by the time the place closed down, I had the most money.
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    There was a lower-stakes tournament nearby, where I won.  There was a cash game after, and by the time the place closed down, I had the most money.

Why did this make me laugh, anticipating pokermojo's response??
  • 13CARDS wrote:
    BlondeFish wrote:
    There was a lower-stakes tournament nearby, where I won.  There was a cash game after, and by the time the place closed down, I had the most money.

Why did this make me laugh, anticipating pokermojo's response??
    Hello this is Blondefish in drag.....   The cash game was after a very high profile free bar tournament (my entry was paid for by my sponsors) where I completely outplayed my opposition but since they didn't know they were supposed to fold when I made a bet they outdrew me and I lost.......

lol, just funnin with ya Buddy.... :D

And couldn't resist stealing your avatar as well....... hehehhehe
  • compuease wrote:
    And couldn't resist stealing your avatar as well.......  hehehhehe

Compuease, I liked the picture of your beaver better! ;)
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    compuease wrote:
    And couldn't resist stealing your avatar as well.......  hehehhehe

Compuease, I liked the picture of your beaver better! ;)
    Ok 'm back to normal... Phew it was tough not being myself....