Thread: Strange Hand in April's Port Perry Tournament

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange Hand in April's Port Perry Tournament

I played in the April Port Perry tournament, and witnesses an interesting event, to say the least.

There were 6 players left, and player UTG doubles blind. I am in small blind.

Everyone folds to me, I also fold.

Big blind re-raises all in, and then flips over pocket AA before the player UTG has called!!

UTG player shows his 33, but the hand was called a misdeal, and everyone got their money back.

I thought that when a hand was exposed in a tournament that either...

a) the player's exposed hand is considered dead..
    or.
    b) The hand continues, with the exposed hand being played face up...

I don't mind the ruling, as I was allowed to take my small bind back, but I was just wondering if anyone had seen a similar situation, and what was the result?

When it happened, I figured that the player UTG with his 33 would be able to fold, after seeing the AA, and the AA would win the pot.

I remember watching a WPT event, where a player says "I BET" and then his opponent says "I' CALL" before the first player anounced his bet amount. Then the first player asked the second player: "How do you know you are going to call, you don't know what I'm going to bet yet" then he asked the pit boss: "What is the minimum bet amount"? and made that his bet....

Howie
    PokerEH.com

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Strange Hand in April's Port Perry Tournament

Apparently there was a miscommunication between the floor and dealer during this hand. The intended and actual ruling (as well as the rule in general) are discussed here:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3961.0

ScottyZ
    You've been training for this moment your entire life. The universe has been conspiring, if you think about it, to put you right here, right now.<br /><br />Off you go. We're all waiting on you.<br /><br />-from &quot;The Unit&quot; (episode written by David Mamet)