Thread: Covid19 and new scams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Flop smasher
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsteve View Post
    With all due respect to everyone, I do not think you are grasping the seriousness of the situation. This will last months, at least.

    This is about the USA but everyone should read it.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...us-end/608719/

    sorry, I don’t understand your comment. Who said that this would be over quickly or implied that that it would be less than a few months ?

    you will have to ‘bear’ with me as I am probably the least educated person this forum.

  2. #17
    Super Duper Player kwsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    1,979
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guess there is a bit of a misunderstanding. You said it'll take 3 weeks to get test results back, and then DJ said once they get those back he thinks the numbers will start to go down.

    That sounds to me that you guys think we'll be relatively back to normal by then, or a little after. If that's wrong then my mistake.

    But still, I don't think the numbers are going to go down. I think they're going to go up.

    I don't want to sound all doom and gloom. The article explains what's happening. No bullshit.

  3. #18
    Flop smasher
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Pimp View Post
    yup, you are 100% correct. It should take maybe 3 weeks just to get some data that makes sense. The backlog is giving people a false sense of security.
    Thatís all I said.....

  4. #19
    Administrator compuease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Posts
    15,094
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsteve View Post

    I don't want to sound all doom and gloom. The article explains what's happening. No bullshit.
    Let's understand one thing here, I'm not a doom and gloomist nor am I an "it's all popcorn and lollipops" kind of guy. That is a just another opinion among many and while it is well written it is no more accurate than dozens of others. Obviously Trumps, "it will disappear soon" was one extreme and there are other writers who lay it out even worse that this one. However I prefer to believe in our scientists and medical professionals in that they will come up with appropriate remediations, etc sooner rather than later.
    Sure it will get worse but we WILL get through it and hopefully this will be a warning that is taken seriously throughout the world.
    I also believe we are doing a much better job in general here in Canada social distancing and all. That will get us through this episode and hopefully buy us time to effect a long term solution.

    It "may" just be too late for me to see however.... I would like to see my grandkids play some more ball though...
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

  5. #20
    Flop smasher
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by compuease View Post
    Let's understand one thing here, I'm not a doom and gloomist nor am I an "it's all popcorn and lollipops" kind of guy. That is a just another opinion among many and while it is well written it is no more accurate than dozens of others. Obviously Trumps, "it will disappear soon" was one extreme and there are other writers who lay it out even worse that this one. However I prefer to believe in our scientists and medical professionals in that they will come up with appropriate remediations, etc sooner rather than later.
    Sure it will get worse but we WILL get through it and hopefully this will be a warning that is taken seriously throughout the world.
    I also believe we are doing a much better job in general here in Canada social distancing and all. That will get us through this episode and hopefully buy us time to effect a long term solution.
    Basically if our scientists can’t figure this out quickly the whole thing is TRIGS fault for not teaching the children well enough.


    F.U. TRIGS.


  6. #21
    Administrator compuease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Posts
    15,094
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Pimp View Post
    Basically if our scientists can’t figure this out quickly the whole thing is TRIGS fault for not teaching the children well enough.


    F.U. TRIGS.

    Is that who taught them...? Heaven help us..
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

  7. #22
    Flop smasher
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by compuease View Post
    Is that who taught them...? Heaven help us..
    yup, Trigs is responsible for teaching all the current scientists when they were in high school. To make it worse he is sitting there in Hammer town collecting his full pay check and blowing it on hot dogs and Roma pizza .

  8. #23
    Administrator compuease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Posts
    15,094
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Pimp View Post
    yup, Trigs is responsible for teaching all the current scientists when they were in high school. To make it worse he is sitting there in Hammer town collecting his full pay check and blowing it on hot dogs and Roma pizza .
    Don't forget, donating taxpayer money to poker players in the club...




    Damn this thread took a left turn somewhere.. Started out as a warning to avoid scams.
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

  9. #24
    Flop smasher
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by compuease View Post
    Don't forget, donating taxpayer money to poker players in the club...
    ahhh shitfuck..... disregard my F.U. TRIGS Post . Trigs is supplementing Comps wallet and probably DJ’s and A few others...

  10. #25
    Flop smasher trigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,890
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of honored that someone thinks I had that much influence in thr world.

  11. #26
    Flop smasher
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trigs View Post
    Kind of honored that someone thinks I had that much influence in thr world.
    you are the glue that hold us all together.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •