Thread: Fallsview Poker Classic WPT 2020 - Feb. 16-23 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry sir, I have 6 Aces! Card Dead's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work guys. Glad someone had a good night. Whatís the opposite of crushing the satellite, because thatís what i did.

I had a great starting table of casual players who were calling way too much and shoving every AK preflop, but I was very good at having my premium hands come up second best, and was out by first break after not raking a pot.

I made a couple of big folds early on when we were still pretty deep, which, in retrospect was probably a mistake, but that just may be me being results oriented after the fact.

Sorry I didnít stick around for a beer with you guys, but I was in such a bad mood, I didnít want to be a downer.
    I'm trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    - Anonymous

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many players did the Super Satty get, and how late did it go?

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeezNutzAK View Post
    How many players did the Super Satty get, and how late did it go?
    119. 11 tickets awarded. 12th place got $2,250 cash. Finished 1:00am-ish (6.5 hours tournament time).
    Haddon's suggestion

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13CARDS View Post
    119. 11 tickets awarded. 12th place got $2,250 cash. Finished 1:00am-ish (6.5 hours tournament time).

it was an amazing turnout. This years WPT should be the biggest ever.

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The satellite got 119 entries, meaning 11 got tickets and 12th got $2250 in cash.

Aside from Pimp treating me to my first Mill St. Organic, which was great by the way !, Not much happened until after the first break, I made a bad call for 4k shortly before the break that took me down to 12k, and the blinds were going to 400 / 800, 800
    -
    Shortly after break I look down at Ah-Jh on the button - UTG limped, Hi-Jack Limped and I figure I can pick up some chips and shove. I got called by the UTG limper who has K-K - Flop is 8h-9s-Th - about as good as I could ask for, turn is a Queen and I more than double up to 28k
    -
    Shortly after that I look down at AA in the BB, initial raiser went to 2k, one caller and I re-raise to 8k, original raiser shoves and I am the only caller, he has 20k behind and shows AT and I double up again. I tread water for a couple of levels sitting at over 50k then I pick up AA again UTG and raise to 2.5k (blinds are (500/1000, 1000), mid position shoves for 15k and I call his 88, and I hold and am now at over 70k with 70 players left.
    -
    Blinds are now at 800 / 1600, 1600 and I am UTG with JJ - I raise to 4k, woman beside me goes all in for 12k and button shoves over the top of her for 16k, so its 12k to me to win 36k, so I think for a minute but end up calling. The lady to my left has 88 and button has AQ - By some miracle my Jacks hold and I am over 100k now and in great shape to win the ticket
    -
    Sitting at 110k, blinds are 1k/2k with 27 players left - I look down at 9-9 from mid position and raise to 4.5k - button and BB calls flop is K-K-Q - I bet 5k - only button calls - turn is a , I check, button checks - river is a Queen and now that I am counterfeited I decide its a good time to bluff bet 15k - button tanks but ends up folding and I show the 9-9 and I am now at 150k
    -
    Now I am folding to the last two tables and make my second biggest mistake of the night. I have AKs UTG and raise to 9k, blinds are 2k/4k - UTG+2 calls and the flop is A-6-3, two clubs. I lead for 9k and villain raises me to 20k - I am thinking set, flush draw, maybe an ace, any way I call - turn is a Queen - I don't like that card at all and check for pot control, villain checks too - river is the Queen of clubs - I check, and he bets 30k - I have 120k still and am not sure what I was thinking but I call and he as AQ for a boat and I'm down to 90k, still around avg stack
    -
    We get down to 17 players not too long after that and there is a big commotion at the other table, there is a 4 way all in and two players get knocked out and one really short stack who leaves not long after and we are now at 14 players, 2 from guaranteed money or ticket.
    -
    I look at the other stacks and by this time there are three shorter than me who will blind out before me, so I start folding and hanging on. Then its 13 left, blinds are a ridiculous 5k / 10k, 10k ante and I have 60k but shorter stack at my table is BB and only has 20k behind and goes all in and loses and the buble bursts.
    -
    Now, there are 11 tickets and $2250 in cash available and I announce I want the cash and shove UTG blind, no callers. I go all in in the BB and button calls me with QJ and turns out I have 4h-5h - flop brings a five, but the river is a Queen, so I win the cash, everyone else get the ticket.
    -
    I didn't stay for cash but played 1/3 for an hour before the tourney and won $150, so all and all a pretty decent night - I left before Pimps Epic run, he had about 1k in front of him when I left at 1:30am, so a nice hour for him !
    -
    I will definitely be playing in the next super satty

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lost me after "my first Mill St. Organic"

Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trigs View Post
    You lost me after "my first Mill St. Organic"
    That's from Hamilton isn't it? Right next to Roma pizza I believe.
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, do you all think the upcoming 550$ on Dec 13th will sell out? I want to play in it but don't want to pre-register for it in case weather/life get in the way...

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, do you all think the upcoming 550$ on Dec 13th will sell out? I want to play in it but don't want to pre-register for it in case weather/life get in the way...
    I doubt it will sell out - If the $275 didn't sell out at 200 players, I don't think the $550 will.

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are there even an hour before you should be good. Like D.J. Said $550 is a decent size buy in and most won’t pre-register. But it should be a good turnout as all the regulars that stay the weekend may take a shot before they play the cash games.

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Pimp View Post
    if you are there even an hour before you should be good. Like D.J. Said $550 is a decent size buy in and most won’t pre-register. But it should be a good turnout as all the regulars that stay the weekend may take a shot before they play the cash games.
    That's what I'm thinking. Just wasn't sure if the 6:30pm start time had something to do with it not selling out.

Nothing in Life is Free payperview's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mill Street Organic. Wow have things really gone down hill at Niagara.
    Your attitude, almost always determines your altitude in life"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever played the regular satellite? Where they wait for 10 people to sign up? Does these actually happen, ever?

Sorry sir, I have 6 Aces! Card Dead's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes they get one or two running on saturday nights and/or sundays.
    I'm trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    - Anonymous