View Poll Results: Should we raise the buy in?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it the same.

10 62.50%
  • $80.

3 18.75%
  • $100.

3 18.75%

Thread: Poll #2 re future of Royal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    Or, imagine trying to find a newbie to play in a 10 hour poker game and all that’s required is a measly $50. Might not be incentive enough.
    Speaking as that (one-time) newb. When I was asked to join a team for the first time, my attitude was, "We play how long? for $50.00? That's IT?!?" I think a newb who is just getting "in" to poker would jump at such an inexpensive entry, especially with the huge network of games that can be realized from just one showing.
    Last edited by compuease; Nov 03,2019 at 04:47 PM. Reason: fixed missing end quote...
    Man does, woman is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, I deliberately left that end quote missing. Proper punctuation is fascist
    Man does, woman is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of teams are made up of 30-40% completely recreational players. When recruiting to fill the final 3 spots (sometimes 4), telling people that there is Limit Holdem, Limit Stud, Pot Limit Omaha as part of the make up of the day is enough of a barrier.

This is why I think $50.00 works for filling out the teams. Its not so steep that they can't learn a new game for once a year and have fun with 50.00 + 10 for Mvp/High Hand and Food and Drink $.

Quickly turns into a 100.00 day regardless.

I'd never want to lose the mix of games played during the day, that's the fun of the event, especially if only once a year.

For most of you folks that get out and play a ton during the rest of the year, bigger buyins are there the other 364 days of the year to fill your fun of gamble, profit, higher stakes and good times.

Hit the Royal in the fall for $50.00, meet up with the Forum members and newbies and have a good time.
    7 Time Royal Cup (V/IX/XII/XIII/XVII/XIX/XX) Champ with Kit Who? - 2 time Royal Cup MVP

Nothing in Life is Free payperview's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a one day event or a weekly thing?

If a one day event I may be interested depending on kids rep hockey schedule.

I love the mixed games.
    Your attitude, almost always determines your altitude in life"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by payperview View Post
    This is a 1 day, full day event

Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by payperview View Post

If a one day event I may be interested depending on kids rep hockey schedule.

I love the mixed games.
    It was twice yearly, likely only once a year now. Next event late October or November, 2020. Organize and put a team in for next year..
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..