Thread: What Would You Do?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What Would You Do?

Here is another what would you do post. I like to pick random hands from the week and just ask what others would do in my position. Then after a few days I post the result of the hand.

In this case I was at a 45 person Multi Table Tournament i have about 2 hours invested and this situation lands on my lap. Blinds are 300-600, I am BB, UTG opens with a 2x BB bet, Small Blind pushes all in. If the guy had not stacked me I was going to stack but he got it in ahead. You can see my stats for the tournament below me, VPIP/Hands Played and under that my BB left. The stats for the villan's are for every hand I have played them not just this tournament. It's final table and you are covered by both players. What would you do?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2019-06-08 223943.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	737.3 KB 
ID:	2589
    Last edited by MrCaspan; Jun 09,2019 at 07:12 AM. Reason: added some stuff

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I am reading this correctly blinds are 300-600 and you have 30 big blinds......

Auto fold. I would consider a call with pocket 6’s or 7’s and I would call pocket 8’s or better. I am pretty sure I would fold fives and under.

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an easy fold, at best you are flipping or worse, dominated. No need to gamble in this spot.

Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    gotta agree, I would need an obvious read in this situation, like he accidentally flipped over his 2's before I call.
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I thought exactly the same as everyone else as @djgolfcan put it "flipping or worse, dominated" I did fold. This is how the board ran out after my folder. UTG made the call

Name:	Annotation 2019-06-08 224048.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	715.5 KB 
ID:	2596

here is the preflop hand calculations

Name:	Annotation 2019-06-10 143043.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	480.9 KB 
ID:	2597

I would have beat both of them in this case. But as someone once told me "Just because you got off the bus at the wrong stop and found a $100, it does not mean you did something right!" I ended up battling for another 20 minutes and went out 3rd in the tournament!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14% is way too tight. You need to steal more to stay alive in a tournament.
    To Bet or not to Be(t). That is the question. - Billy (Big Slick) Shakespeare
    RC III, XI, XIV - Champions!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    14% is way too tight. You need to steal more to stay alive in a tournament.
    I was getting absolutely nothing this game and I was also watching a movie so I was not 100% paying attention. I am normally in the 25% range over 100 hands in the MTTs

I also have a metric in my HUD that is BB fold to SB percentage. If it's over 65% it's an instant 3 x BB against them.