Thread: Irish Open

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets do another fun one featuring John Duthie. blinds 3/6k, we open Q9ss UTG, 4 players to the flop including John Duthie,

Flop K10x two spades, I continue for a healthy amount around 18k, Duthie calls rest folds

Turn is the 5 spades and I bet again for 25k, he calls

River is a three of diamonds or something and we bet 50k and get a fold from him.

--------------------------------------

As he folds he says "I know you are bluffing". It's funny because never had I had so much doubt thrown at me so that when I open UTG, see a flop 4 ways, bet K10x with two spades and triple barrel down that the chairman of party poker's first instinct is "he must be bluffing".

I had a lot of fun playing with Duthie for 6 hours, he seems like a friendly overall good guy. fun fact I learned is that he likes to play his blinds, his button then line up three hands worth of antes and go for a smoke, I didn't know that before, now I do
    ~Games are lost, games are won you'll find the strength to carry on~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following. Enjoying reading your journey thus far. Hope you take it down.

Untapped Future Greatness T8urmoney's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    President of the Beration Nation

Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember Richards last name, think I knew it at one point, but memory escapes me.

If it's Lindberg and that sounds familiar he is leading.

Current updates.

https://www.irishpokeropen.com/irish...-live-updates/
    Last edited by compuease; Mar 17,2018 at 12:54 PM.
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's chip leader. Lindberg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    I can't tell you how awesome it feels to win a WSOP bracelet!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure but in the commentating it sounded like the former chipleader Lindberg is out. They didn't seem to know who he is...

Yep, out in 40th..

Richard Lindberg, pictured with his former table neighbour Mor Kamber, was all in on the turn of 2h 8c 5d 4h board when I arrived, up against Daniel Fargher.

Lindberg: 9h 7h for a flush draw and a gutshot

Fargher: Tc 8h for a pair of eights

River: 5c

Eights and fives took it, and Lindberg was thus despatched to the rail in 40th place for 4,205.
    Name:  20180317182030_541578.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  56.2 KB
    Last edited by compuease; Mar 17,2018 at 01:46 PM.
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed on Twitter, out in 41st. Gg
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Untapped Future Greatness T8urmoney's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guessing he got coolered.......looks like he busted out in 41st

was watching the live stream, they said the chip leader just got knocked out without knowing who it was for a couple of minutes...but eventually they came up with the name Lindberg being reported to them

looking forward to his rundown.....looks like he got up to 2.1m, and within and hour got felted

good run Richard!!!
    Last edited by T8urmoney; Mar 17,2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: obv terrible reporter, 3rd to the party
    President of the Beration Nation

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That one will be tough to take, will be interesting to hear Richards thought process. He must have lost another big pot before his bustout hand. gg Richard.. on to the next one.. You are young and will have other chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Busted in 40th.
    gg

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by compuease View Post
    Not sure but in the commentating it sounded like the former chipleader Lindberg is out. They didn't seem to know who he is...

Yep, out in 40th..

Richard Lindberg, pictured with his former table neighbour Mor Kamber, was all in on the turn of 2h 8c 5d 4h board when I arrived, up against Daniel Fargher.

Lindberg: 9h 7h for a flush draw and a gutshot

Fargher: Tc 8h for a pair of eights

River: 5c

Eights and fives took it, and Lindberg was thus despatched to the rail in 40th place for €4,205.
    Name:  20180317182030_541578.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  56.2 KB

is that him on the left ?? He has pretty hair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dream on mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to sleep, can confirm that I busted 40th. My most pleasant memories of the day are of the dynamic we had at our table.

This blog post and the picture is pretty awesome, Mor was pretty fun to be around and we had a pretty good semi flirty dynamic which was fun and took a lot of the edge off =P The "internal negotiations" blog post with that picture is a pretty nice take away from all of this, I think both me and her looks good for it, I guess she and I ended up being the local it couple to write about haha:

"Flattery angleshoot or the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

We love seeing the international field of the Irish Open getting on famously, win or lose, and Table 6 is a case in point.

Both stacked up and determined (we apologise for getting Lindberg's stack wrong last night, although he started it writing 113,300,0000 on his bag which was an order of magnitude off), Mor Kamber (from Israel) and Richard Lindberg (from Sweden) are having a lovely chat as other people play down some small-ball hands.
    Kamber, on the Swedes: "You're the most beautiful nation in the world. You're all tall - look at your blue eyes..."
    "You're being nice to me so I don't play back at you," laughed Lindberg. "

https://www.24live.co/live/UI8KU

As for hands I was up to 2M at a point, but at 10k/20k I pushed 450k pre vs a CO open with 33 and ran into QQ. An orbit later I cold 4bet 9s from the sb vs an open and button 3 bet and ran into queens again from the original opener and lost another 20BB to her. Last hand I felt fairly confident he had one pair, flop I cbet he called and then he donked the flop for 65k and I shipped it hoping to fold out pretty much the hand he had or a middle pair type hand, villa in that hand had been pretty weak/random up until that point. I'll probably update a little bit more tomorrow
    Last edited by Richard~; Mar 17,2018 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will calculte the exact numbers of this bap, I hope there's no rush let me know if there is or do it for me and I'll ship asap, otherwise when I find space and energy or after I fly home.

I just played a marathon cash session, ended up profiting 1,3k euro from 1/2, first PLO then hold em. I set a goal that if I went +1000 I would consider extending my trip for another 5 days or so otherwise I'd take my booked flight home today, now I have to seriously consider it. I don't know what GTO is telling me to do in this spot

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No rush, take your time and let us know. Great run and congratz.

Imho, If i already had a flight booked, i'd go back and use $$$ to plan a another trip somewhere else and a new experience.

cheers.
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.