Thread: Royal Cup XX team thread, Apr 21st, 2018

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the problem that the venue won't host without a certain headcount?

Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's one problem, since we get it for free they count on food and drink, I was told 60 but we have gotten away with 48 before.
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cane we try to get away with what we have? My team and I love this event and would hate to see it die. Unfortunately, we're not able to create another team at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have someone interested in entering a team. I'll let you know ASAP
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." - Margaret Mead

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shtebs View Post
    I might have someone interested in entering a team. I'll let you know ASAP
    Please do, we are down to the pretty well last chance..
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know no games other than NL holdem, a bit of Limit holdem and PLO.

I'd like to come join in this tournament and support the royal cup. I can learn basics of new games too, if any team wants a member, let me know.
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried to recruit for this as well with little success. I have played in the Royal twice over the years and would be willing to play if there is a need for players.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you both post in the free agent thread if you don't mind. I think Justin (Holychow) is putting a team together and I may have someone else who is trying to put one together as well. Looks hopeful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Justin is out but Pete is going to try and gather the rest together, perhaps with some guys from the Free Agent thread?

However I do have a 6th team captained by my former co-captain Mark who couldn't make the last one so I think we are good. Would sure like someone else to step up with a team as well. I am committing my $100. deposit with the venue now so please do not back out.

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for putting down a deposit. If things donít pan out and you lose the deposit - Iíll pitch in for a portion of it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No need to Drew, I appreciate the offer though.. I think we are going to be ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim Jackson here. Steve Simonson referred me (we play cards together). I am happy to enter a team if there is space. Please let me know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjackson8685 View Post
    Tim Jackson here. Steve Simonson referred me (we play cards together). I am happy to enter a team if there is space. Please let me know.
    Absolutely, I have asked Steve to give you my email address. Glad to have you. I assume you have looked at the format?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Donkey Launchers now out, Chavato emailed me today that he has 3 members who would now play if someone needs them. Will also post this in the free agent thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New team POTY captained by Tim - tjackson8685, friend of shtebs.

Limit
    Kevin Elop
    David Strucke
    Ray Simonson
    Don Bent

Stud
    Tim Jackson
    Andrew Jackson
    Tim Martin
    James Cherry
    Last edited by compuease; Apr 10,2018 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Player replacement.