Thread: Summer poker diary

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Milton, poker capital of the world.. after Wloo that is.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where do you find these kind of players? He wasn't telling a story by calling your all in on the flop. Keep him marked and find him again, instant ATM..
    If someone doesn't hate you, you're a wimp... comp: circa 2012.. and now 2013 as well, quite likely continuing into 2014, Now confirmed as CONTINUING well into 2014. Ah, f'it, 2015's just more of the same..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate NLO8, so much flippage, now lets go play some Micromillions NLO8 :D

My sunday evening session is event1, event3, two 5 euro FO on titan, an added money on unibet and a 2000 man 5 dollar on party, lets do this

And I don't worry too much about the fish, there's so so many of them it seems.

Update: Flipped out of the Nlo8, jammed 50.000 chips over a 10k shove (I had 50 BBs) with AAJT ds only to get called behind in two spots and eliminated by a guy calling off his whole stack pre with 2358, did I mention I hate this game O__O

Also messed up a bit in the unibet added money, Was sitting something like 18/29 with 24 players paid and due to the added money mincash was 50 euros or 5 BIs, yet I couldn't resist taking a super marginal spot opening A8s from the button and 4bet shoving 25 bigs over a SB 3 bet, I have no patience :<

On a positive note I used up my entire timebank in event1 when I had 2BBs left in order to make an additional payjump worth 2 dollars, so you could say I'm rich now
    Last edited by Richard~; Jul 17,2017 at 12:28 AM.
    ~Games are lost, games are won you'll find the strength to carry on~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're doing the omaha thing again. I wonder if it's too nitty to fold this flop, lets make a deep run in event 17

PokerStars Hand #173189728052: Tournament #1965249561, $3.00+$0.30 USD Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2017/07/18 14:25:16 CET [2017/07/18 8:25:16 ET]
    Table '1965249561 190' 8-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: Kortes1968 (15828 in chips)
    Seat 2: _@nhydride_ (7968 in chips)
    Seat 3: 2200_MR (15983 in chips)
    Seat 4: IRichardI (10750 in chips)
    Seat 5: jaFFar_d23 (10190 in chips)
    Seat 6: Stas_kl11 (10000 in chips)
    Seat 7: kukocass1 (6900 in chips)
    Seat 8: pokerkidooo (6879 in chips)
    2200_MR: posts small blind 50
    IRichardI: posts big blind 100
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to IRichardI [Jd Tc 7s 5s]
    jaFFar_d23: folds
    pokerkidooo said, "lol"
    Stas_kl11: folds
    kukocass1: calls 100
    pokerkidooo: calls 100
    Kortes1968: calls 100
    _@nhydride_: folds
    2200_MR: folds
    IRichardI: checks
    *** FLOP *** [Kd Qc 6d]
    IRichardI: checks
    kukocass1: checks
    Kortes1968 said, "sry"
    pokerkidooo: bets 450
    Kortes1968: calls 450
    IRichardI: folds
    kukocass1: calls 450
    *** TURN *** [Kd Qc 6d] [Ac]
    kukocass1: checks
    pokerkidooo: bets 900
    Kortes1968: calls 900
    kukocass1: folds
    *** RIVER *** [Kd Qc 6d Ac] [Ah]
    pokerkidooo: bets 1600
    Kortes1968: calls 1600
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    pokerkidooo: shows [Kh 3d 6c 5c] (HI: two pair, Aces and Kings)
    Kortes1968: shows [4h Ad 4c 2h] (HI: three of a kind, Aces)
    Kortes1968 collected 6800 from pot
    No low hand qualified
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 6800 | Rake 0
    Board [Kd Qc 6d Ac Ah]
    Seat 1: Kortes1968 showed [4h Ad 4c 2h] and won (6800) with HI: three of a kind, Aces
    Seat 2: _@nhydride_ (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: 2200_MR (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: IRichardI (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 5: jaFFar_d23 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: Stas_kl11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: kukocass1 folded on the Turn
    Seat 8: pokerkidooo showed [Kh 3d 6c 5c] and lost with HI: two pair, Aces and Kings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys really don't care about drawing to nut type hands. In other news, water is wet

Poker hand played on PokerStars with a pot size of $55,938 - Pokerhand.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy tho, I'm not sure about calling that river, I suppose he can beat exactly 3469...

Update: I did it mom, I ran like a god and shipped the whole thing for 197 dollars :D

Poker hand played on PartyPoker with a pot size of $437,800 - Pokerhand.org

Last edited by Richard~; Jul 21,2017 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 100% serious when I say I havn't figured out how to adjust vs these players, I see these lines super frequently with complete overaggression on flops in spots that never gets value from worse. I'm losing my heart, I'm not sure how to play flops anymore vs those guys. I'm trying to go for a fairly standard polarized cbet range while checking back most mid strength stuff. On this particular board that would mean betting overpairs, A10 K10, 33 44, any random 2 pair hands, possibly Q10, as well as KJ JQ probably most Ax combos not including A2 and A5 and probably also betting most connected undercards 89 78 etc.

that leaves a checking range as something like 109 J10 a2 a5 and I guess I'd have to include A3 A4 and 55-99 in it simply because it lacks combos, this in theory gives me an easy decision vs action on the flop but I hate checking hands my opponent have such good equity vs (55-99) 3 way. And if they're fucking shipping in 108 what care they flatting, and what do I double barrel? I feel kinda lost.

As played I made it quite big pre since it was my first hand on the table and I figured I could just shrink it down later. Flop bet sizing I'm happy with since there's super little to protect against if they are unpaired on that flop

iPoker - 300/600 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 33.33 BB
    SB: 33.33 BB
    BB: 33.33 BB (VPIP: 22.62, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 84)
    UTG: 33.33 BB
    CO: 33.73 BB (VPIP: 21.74, PFR: 12.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 95)

5 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2 BB) Hero has 4:heart: 3:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, SB calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (8 BB, 3 players)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 2.75 BB, SB raises to 30.73 BB, fold, Hero raises to 30.73 BB

Turn: (69.47 BB, 2 players) 8:club:

River: (69.47 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:

Hero mucks 4:heart: 3:heart: (Two Pair, Fours and Threes)

SB shows T:diamond: 8:heart: (Two Pair, Tens and Eights)

SB wins 69.47 BB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterdays omaha win was great for my head, I have been playing 2-3 sessions with a super defetist mentality. I've been running sub average for sure, especially when it comes to flops, most tournametns have been feeling like sitting with around starting stack for 1.5 hours just waiting, and waiting, and missing, and waiting and folding, and watching people spew, and folding, and waiting and losing flips.

A hand I especially remember was me sitting with QKs in the BB facing two loose limpers, I made it 4 BBs and got two callers. Flop was something nasty like 567 two spades and I decided this was just not in my range and for sure in their ranges. SB donk shoved flop for 2x pot, I folded and the other limper called. The result of the hand was SB ended up winning with 9 high after shoving 92s and flopping a gutshot and flushdraw vs the other guys 82s flopping an open ended draw. The struggle is very real to get into a healthy mentality to play vs these people

I miss playing rebuys, those were great, who decided to rake the hell out of them and run so few of them :<
    Last edited by Richard~; Jul 22,2017 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of today we come back to playing a session each day again with a bit of a different appraoch, I will aim to be more exploitative in my micro stakes. Bankroll sitting somewhat steadily just under 950 dollars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    final table time, coming in 1/6 out of 225 on party (5 dollar PLO). 300 dollars up top, I've been getting crushed all night and I had almost given up hope on a profitable sunday. This could do it

Edit: 3rd for 140 dollars, nice nice
    Last edited by Richard~; Aug 03,2017 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More omaha madness. Sitting 1/7 on a 5 dollar party PLO again, 220 dollars up top, lets have some rungood

Edit: Got AA v 66 set over set BvB and coming in onto the final table with half the chips in play

Edit2: Shipped it for 220 , semi deep in two more PLO tourneys, might get more

edit3: Second PLO ft for the night, coming in 2/6 on a 5 euro rebuy on titan. My final two table table was like they interviewed a bunch of guys asking "Do you know any other moves than to limp full range pre from every position and never size larger than minbets postflop? No? You're hired to sit at this table!"

300 euros up top, one can dream

edit4: Finished 2nd against what I'm assuming is the best low stakes PLO reg the site has to offer, he was extremely mediocre tho, will get him next time
    Last edited by Richard~; Aug 03,2017 at 06:41 PM.

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good job, keep it up
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea, I just reached BOTH identical final tables as yesterday. It would mean today is insanely profitable except I was spewing a lot of buyins earlier today lol. Oh well, big..ish money up top, insane to reach these two days in a row. Lets finish this running good!

On another note I busted the guy I lost heads up to yesterday, turns out he wasn't the best titan had to offer. There are a couple of players at my table who are winning a lot of money lifetime and actually playing decently well, I guess that makes it more interesting

edit: Finished 4th on party for 104 dollars and sitting heads up on titan against a player who I'd actually destroy if we were playing HU cash. I've had him all in pre 4 times without winning, I could be sleeping by now x___x I really want the additional 110 euros from winning this heads up tho, I really really don't want to lose to this guy. On titan I'll either win 192 or 302 euros
    Last edited by Richard~; Aug 04,2017 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple omaha deep runs including a final table and I'm f drunk. Alcohol isn't the most profitable strategy but this does feel amazing :D

Update: Finished 2nd in the one I final tabled

Update2: Just entered another final table on party, 357 dollars up top, coming into the top 6 with a pretty significant chip lead. fuck yes I shipped it, heads up was brutal...for him, it was fun watching the "please discuss a deal...please" checkmark of his while I was smashing through his stack 200k chips at the time
    Last edited by Richard~; Aug 08,2017 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greatest feeling in a session is just straight up shipping the turbo omaha8 10 dollar tourney for 220 dollars or something early in the session and know you're gonna finish in the black for the day. Lets go, my roll is getting pretty healthy but I still have no idea if I'm a good or bad omaha player, and I'm not even kidding

Update: I was spewing off quite a few buyins in the middle of the session but I'm finishing off coming in 1/6 out of 213 players in a 5 dollar NLHE tourney, I havn't gone deep in NL in a while, this is a great confidence builder...and bankroll builder

update2: 1/4 in the break. Gonna cash between 86 and 265 dollars

Update3: Shipped the whole thing for 265 dollars, I'm almost scared to play the next session because I've used up all my karma for a lifetime

Current bankroll is sitting at:

- 1500 SKR
    - 506 euros
    - 1262 dollars

That's probably roughly 2k, not bad not bad
    Last edited by Richard~; Aug 10,2017 at 07:10 PM.