Thread: fifty50 SNG bubble in the CO w/ 55

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Full PFC Member trigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,786
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    fifty50 SNG bubble in the CO w/ 55

    just wanted to hear some opinions on this hand. i'm in the CO with 55 and am currently sitting in 2nd place with a decent stack of around 15BBs before the hand is dealt. one more elimination ends the tournament (and a reminder that the more chips i end with the more money i win).

    there are two very short stacks of 175 and 575 and a third at 900 with blinds at 125-250-30 ante. also, villain in BB has the big stack (the only stack that can bust me) and has been betting/raising almost every hand and punishing the passive shorter stacks.

    since this was a fifty50 i thought differently than a normal SNG and folded. what do you guys think of this play?

    PokerStars Tournament $6.68+$0.32 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level X (125/250)
    Table '1078850756 1' 10-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 2: BUTTON (175 in chips)
    Seat 3: SB (900 in chips)
    Seat 5: BB (5570 in chips)
    Seat 7: UTG (3850 in chips)
    Seat 8: HJ (575 in chips)
    Seat 9: HERO (3930 in chips)
    BUTTON: posts the ante 30
    SB: posts the ante 30
    BB: posts the ante 30
    UTG: posts the ante 30
    HJ: posts the ante 30
    HERO: posts the ante 30
    SB: posts small blind 125
    BB: posts big blind 250
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to HERO [5c 5h]
    UTG: folds
    HJ: folds
    HERO: folds
    Last edited by trigs; Dec 18,2014 at 09:37 AM.

  2. #2
    High Roller. Bfillmaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya I think folding is correct with the aggressive big stack in the BB and the super short stacks passivley waiting to bust.

    Could make an argument for min raise and fold to reraise but it seems like an unncessesary risk.

  3. #3
    Full PFC Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    4,467
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy fold on the bubble with two micro stacks still in. In fact, I'm folding until the money, regardless of the hand.

  4. #4
    Full PFC Member trigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,786
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djgolfcan View Post
    Easy fold on the bubble with two micro stacks still in. In fact, I'm folding until the money, regardless of the hand.
    if this was a double or nothing, i'd agree with you in folding to the money. however, since a bigger stack makes more money i disagree with this strategy in general (obviously, in some cases you should be folding in that manner though depending).

    in fact, it's this kind of thinking from my opponents that makes me like these fifty50s. if i'm a big stack on the bubble, i like to ignore the small stacks and pick on any of the medium stacks who are just choosing to sit back until the money. they keep folding and i get more chips while short stacks just struggle to hold on.

  5. #5
    SHIP IT, BITCHES! pkrfce9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet on 2p2 someone would do the ICM for this
    I can't tell you how awesome it feels to win a WSOP bracelet!

  6. #6
    High Roller. Bfillmaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkrfce9 View Post
    I bet on 2p2 someone would do the ICM for this
    I bet you could figure it out if you tried

  7. #7
    Full PFC Member trigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,786
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkrfce9 View Post
    I bet on 2p2 someone would do the ICM for this
    yeah, i don't know how to do the ICM with the different payouts in these SNGs.

  8. #8
    SHIP IT, BITCHES! pkrfce9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfillmaff View Post
    I bet you could figure it out if you tried
    And?
    I can't tell you how awesome it feels to win a WSOP bracelet!

  9. #9
    Full PFC Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    4,467
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad, I thought it was a double or nothing SNG. Having said that, I still tighten up, alot and would fold said 55. We;re in a crappy position and the big stack can 3 bet almost any two cards and we have to fold all but the premiums.

  10. #10
    High Roller. Bfillmaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I did some mathz, and unless I fucked something up the min raise blind steal is better than folding by about $0.53 in this format if you think he will fold around 70% of the time. (and both options are of course better than shoving.)

    disclaimer: the math is pretty crude. think its close enough to make sense:

    Last edited by Bfillmaff; Dec 18,2014 at 06:51 PM.

  11. #11
    Local Celebrity Wetts1012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Looking for Reasons to Fold
    Posts
    4,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely not folding for precisely the reason that there are cripple stax.
    Waking Up In The Morning and Pissing Excellence

  12. #12
    SHIP IT, BITCHES! pkrfce9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfillmaff View Post
    OK I did some mathz, and unless I fucked something up the min raise blind steal is better than folding by about $0.53 in this format if you think he will fold around 70% of the time. (and both options are of course better than shoving.)

    disclaimer: the math is pretty crude. think its close enough to make sense:

    I think your math and your assumptions are off. But conclusion is correct.
    I can't tell you how awesome it feels to win a WSOP bracelet!

  13. #13
    High Roller. Bfillmaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,840
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkrfce9 View Post
    I think your math and your assumptions are off. But conclusion is correct.
    which parts?

  14. #14
    Full PFC Member trigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,786
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfillmaff View Post
    OK I did some mathz, and unless I fucked something up the min raise blind steal is better than folding by about $0.53 in this format if you think he will fold around 70% of the time. (and both options are of course better than shoving.)

    disclaimer: the math is pretty crude. think its close enough to make sense:

    thanks for running the numbers. i figured it was pretty close.

  15. #15
    Full PFC Member trigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,786
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetts1012 View Post
    I'm definitely not folding for precisely the reason that there are cripple stax.
    i'm assuming you are assuming that others will be playing tight and folding because they are waiting for crippled stacks to lose.

    are you min raising with the plan to fold to a BB reraise?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •