Thread: fifty50 SNG bubble in the CO w/ 55

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if we do get called we're crushed pretty much regardless of what cards we have - so we could make this play with any two cards. We obviously can't just shove every time though so to keep our bet frequency in line (around 30% according to Greg's #'s) we can look at the hand ranges:

top 30% would look like this, so you are pretty much correct that 55 is the bottom.

I would think it makes sense to add the rest of the aces and maybe even the rest of the pairs, instead of (or on top of) hands like T9o, Q7s, K5s - making it look like this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a different scenario if payouts are all equal. However, since the amount of chips impacts our equity, we can most likely profitably shove 22.
    Waking Up In The Morning and Pissing Excellence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put another way, I think BB has a hard time calling JJ here, and unless he's a competent player, almost certainly folds TT. We have to keep in mind the tournament is most likely finished in the next 3-4 hands.
    Waking Up In The Morning and Pissing Excellence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetts1012 View Post
    Put another way, I think BB has a hard time calling JJ here, and unless he's a competent player, almost certainly folds TT. We have to keep in mind the tournament is most likely finished in the next 3-4 hands.
    Not according to Nash. But how many of these guys know Nash? We didn't. Lolz.

He should be calling 16% of his hands. That is a pretty broad range. Plus he can afford to gamble here.
    I can't tell you how awesome it feels to win a WSOP bracelet!

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetts1012 View Post
    Thats about it.

The prob with 2/3 xing is that if we happen to run into a competent BB we are very easily exploited, and our calling range becomes even smaller than the villains if we shove!

As an example, with the stacks the way they are (BB>hero, lots of cripples) Im shoving almost my entire range in the BB vs. button min raise. Vekked once posted here somewhere coining the phrase rape equity. BB has lots of it here if we min raise.

Shoving here is the least exploitable avenue, and our hand is far too strong to fold.

Yah I'm snap shoving this as well.

Even though you said BB has been opening lots, opening and calling is completely different. I hate minraise/folding in this spot, since BB should be jamming you extremely wide here...