Thread: Cash game help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any erxperience using Leak Buster?

I Am Possessed
    Hi, i've used Leakbuster. I've gotten alot out of the program. Initially i thought it was just stats, etc but there is alot of training content, filters, steps, etc It covers quite a bit, and it really does find some deeper situations where you are not playing optimally or missing value. i do recommend it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to maximize it for reviewing etc. bu there are alot of filters that you can run, that make bringing up scenarios pretty easy.

i did just discover a "members section" that has some workshop vids, kind of stumbled on it by accident. Was planning to check those out.

good luck!

Also i did just re-read Black Rain 79's - Crushing the microstakes. It is a great e-book for the micros.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Possessed View Post
    Hi, i've used Leakbuster. I've gotten alot out of the program. Initially i thought it was just stats, etc but there is alot of training content, filters, steps, etc It covers quite a bit, and it really does find some deeper situations where you are not playing optimally or missing value. i do recommend it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to maximize it for reviewing etc. bu there are alot of filters that you can run, that make bringing up scenarios pretty easy.

i did just discover a "members section" that has some workshop vids, kind of stumbled on it by accident. Was planning to check those out.

good luck!

Also i did just re-read Black Rain 79's - Crushing the microstakes. It is a great e-book for the micros.
    hmm...

I Am Possessed
    Ran some Positional stuff in Leakbuster yesterday. Was pretty shocked to see how much i was losing from the blinds. I thought i was playing pretty tight from the blinds, but i am losing quite a bit there, and it is really messing up my winrate.

Just curious what your blind strategy is, and what kind of numbers you guys are showing there?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Possessed View Post
    Ran some Positional stuff in Leakbuster yesterday. Was pretty shocked to see how much i was losing from the blinds. I thought i was playing pretty tight from the blinds, but i am losing quite a bit there, and it is really messing up my winrate.

Just curious what your blind strategy is, and what kind of numbers you guys are showing there?

Thanks.
    everyone is a loser in the blinds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbnutz View Post
    Reading - Live is my goal but not quite ready to step up to that lvl yet.
    Step up?

You know online is much more difficult than live right?
    Waking Up In The Morning and Pissing Excellence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yavvy View Post
    I have found it very useful especially PAD as you see more of the actual play than than just the highlights that other poker shows have.
    You have to be a pretty competent player already to play as wide as they do though?

Full PFC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetts1012 View Post
    Step up?

You know online is much more difficult than live right?
    No, I wasn't aware of this but it does make sense with all traffic online. Was also thinking that it wont actually help me prepare as it would probably play different live?

Futher Mucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jontm View Post
    You have to be a pretty competent player already to play as wide as they do though?
    you do - but that is not to say there isnt a lot you can take from their actions. I dont think I could play the crap they play and win but it helps me a lot with putting palyers on ranges of hands

I Am Possessed
    Well, i'm losing -45 bb/100 from the BB, and -33 bb/100 from the SB. i'm not sure if those numbers are really high, or if that is normal?

Leakbuster gives you info on actions from each position, like if your c-bet is too low from SB, or VPIP from BB. But i don't see anything that gives you an "optimal" winrate or anything like that from the SB/BB, so was just curious what you guys were getting?

I play 6 max, so if anyone has any 6 max numbers that would be cool.

I Am Possessed
    They just posted a new free Leakbuster video on the HM2 site. It is a vid on playing the turn called "To barrel or not to barrel?". Goes over profitable and unprofitable spots to fire a second barrel. Pretty good vid. i guess they are adding some new training content to the program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to learn is to take advice from the pros. Daniel Negreanu explains how he learned to build his bankroll in a video at:

Look into that and other videos from pros such as Phil Ivey and Jonathan Duhamel.
    Last edited by compuease; Jun 18,2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: edited out obvious advertising of ones own forum..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammer time
    $$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you tried Polished Poker? It's a free 174 page poker ebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    learn well before playing poker ... I think that the game of life is very important ...