New PokerForum.ca Issues, Bugs, Ideas Discussion

Comments

• The only thing that comes to mind is London Calling, Rock the Casbah....... logo from “The Clash”.

Either that or it’s the logo from the midget dating site I was not on.
  • Haha it's the splat symbol from BlackBerry OS to show you of new messages.
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Haha it's the splat symbol from BlackBerry OS to show you of new messages.

Ahhh, ok. My phone is different, but Roxy likes it.
    vjx8amnlr09g.jpeg
    MrCaspancompuease
  • My PMs are all in random order. How do I sort them so the newest are on top?
  • @moose you are alive, I thought you were dead!! I'll have a look at your messages and get back to you!
  • wrong thread Jeff
    compuease
  • My pms are still out of order. Need a way to sort them.
    I have 3931 discussions book marked. I want to turn those off but when I click on the link in the right hand side bar I get this:

Something has gone wrong.
    We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.
  • @moose I'm working on the PM thing. It's an import issue for some reason. Everytime you refresh the page they go in a different order. I'll look at the bookmark issue as well.
    moose
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited August 2020
    @moose just FYI,
    I am still working on this inbox thing. It kind of has me perplexed at the moment. It's returned properly and in order form the database but somewhere between that and printing it to the screen the order is taking a nap!!
  • edited July 2020
    Why does online poker continue to be posted in the Local Poker Games section. Local games are live. We have an online section called Online Poker Talk. Seems more relevant.
  • because these are the replacement for live games right now.. Once live starts back up again well move this to the online forum
  • Hey everyone. So I am aware of the Categories showing they have unread posts but when you click on the category there are no unread message. I am working with the devs of the product to see why this is happening..
    compueaseBfillmaff
  • I got someone to join but he says he isn't getting the email confirmation to activate his account.
    Can a mod check today's registrations please?
  • I can see no record of anyone attempting to join today.
  • I'm not receiving email notifications for: posts in threads that I selected to receive notifications, and when I'm tagged.
  • Hey guys, I’ve turned off email notifications in my profile but I’m still getting emails on everything. Is there something else i need to do?
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Hey guys, I’ve turned off email notifications in my profile but I’m still getting emails on everything. Is there something else i need to do?

Are you in profile, notifications? I have most of mine turned off in there and I only get the ones I want. Does anyone else have this issue?
  • edited September 2020
    compuease wrote: »
    Card Dead wrote: »
    Hey guys, I’ve turned off email notifications in my profile but I’m still getting emails on everything. Is there something else i need to do?

Are you in profile, notifications? I have most of mine turned off in there and I only get the ones I want. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have the opposite issue. I posted above but no response yet. I used to get some notifications by email. Now I get absolutely none. Screenshots of my settings below:

EDIT: Looking through my past emails, I stopped getting notifications after August 21. I haven't made any changes to my email though.

6vzy56fljau2.png
    yknugs4vm07k.png
  • Actually, nevermind, my bad. The emails have stopped since i changed my notifications. Its Pokerstars Home Games thats sending me 5-10 emails a day. Fortunately, i know how to fix that. 😏

Hey Trigs, have you checked to make sure your email address is spelled correctly in your profile? I know it sounds condescending, but an honest thought.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Actually, nevermind, my bad. The emails have stopped since i changed my notifications. Its Pokerstars Home Games thats sending me 5-10 emails a day. Fortunately, i know how to fix that. 😏

Hey Trigs, have you checked to make sure your email address is spelled correctly in your profile? I know it sounds condescending, but an honest thought.

Checked and it's spelled correctly. I was getting notifications before but then they just stopped for some reason.
  • Maybe the site is trying to tell you something.. Remember those 2 letters again?

Hopefully MrCaspan can figure it out...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Maybe the site is trying to tell you something.. Remember those 2 letters again?..

My guess is..........

5szbgp6knpjv.gifTrigs
    compueasetrigsBfillmaff
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Meh...sucks

Shows what you know, ol fart.. lol. so how you doing Dave, long time no talk.. How's the vet business?
  • Seems like when we moved the server to a dedicated IP address it changes where email was coming out from and the firewall blocked it all! I have updated the setting to fix this and you should now be getting email notifications. Sorry guys!
    compuease
  • edited September 2020
    Is the calendar still working? Or is @moose just not doing it properly when he posted his game?

EDIT: Yeah, I just posted a game and it didn't come up on the calendar.
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited September 2020
    trigs wrote: »
    EDIT: Yeah, I just posted a game and it didn't come up on the calendar.

When you added it you added your date to the top?
  • Yeah I just tested and it seems like you can enter the date but it completely ignores it but as an admin it works for us. Let me find the bug! Sorry Guys!
    trigs
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited September 2020
    Found the bug.. seems the permissions it was checking for were coded as
    "if the user does NOT NOT have permission to set a date for an event, clear the date value before saving the discussion"
    Damn double negatives! I tested a few times as a regular user so hopefully this is fixed Sorry @trigs and @moose
    compueasetrigs
  • Damn I'm glad I don't have to fix these things, nobody told me I needed coding knowledge to have a website... Think I paid too much, the labour costs are bankrupting me... Thanks Steve..
    MrCaspanBuzzzarddToronto Pimp