Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• Looks like a lot more options now available for home games as well. Longer late registration, more game variations, etc. Let's take Comp's suggestion about discussing changes to home games seriously and have some lively chats about what we all would like to see going forward.
    Toronto Pimp
  • I only play Tuesdays, so, take it for what its worth. Since we do get a solid showing on SS Turbo Tuesday, maybe run a second game that same night. Maybe the new 5 Card Omaha or something Unique to piggyback on the well attended Tuesday NL Game. Id be happy to suck at both on Tuesday night. I say it all the time, but, thank you Comp for managing all this... (removed the remainder of what i typed as i took my meds this a.m.)
  • Maybe a tourney more than $5 once a month. Also, saduday nights?
  • Anyone interested in cash games as well?
    trigsMrCaspan
  • Maybe a tourney more than $5 once a month. Also, saduday nights?
    I'd even go with a higher buy in every Saturday night rather than once a month.
    Toronto Pimp
  • I would be okay with $20 games on a weekend night
    Toronto PimpGogietorontotablecpt
  • Still can’t find home games on mobile
  • Still can’t find home games on mobile

Do you have the most current version of the app? My desktop version just updated today and the new options now show up.
  • Updated my iPhone With latest app
  • I don't see home games on the app - where are they?
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    I only play Tuesdays, so, take it for what its worth. Since we do get a solid showing on SS Turbo Tuesday, maybe run a second game that same night. Maybe the new 5 Card Omaha or something Unique to piggyback on the well attended Tuesday NL Game. Id be happy to suck at both on Tuesday night. I say it all the time, but, thank you Comp for managing all this... (removed the remainder of what i typed as i took my meds this a.m.)

I agree with this - do what you do with Horse on Thursdays. Add in a PLO or something a few nights, in addition to the NL game
  • I like the Tuesday's NL as we get a good turn out. Not sure if a 2nd game will get the same turn out on the same night though.. I'm in for a SAT 20 dollar NL holdem game maybe even start @ 1pm for an afternoon game? Big stack with 10 minute blind levels would be nice..
  • PLO is the problem, that's where we don't get enough. For giggles I will add a 5 card Omaha, starting at 8 on Tuesdays but we will make it a regular length rebuy as the NL one that night is not a rebuy. Now I have to figure out what to do with the PLO games on Monday and Wednesday as we just don't get enough for them.
    torontotablecptWolffhound
  • No game tonight? I thought i registered
  • I would play a Saturday night NL game, but I would never be available in the afternoon fwiw.
  • Can’t do afternoons either

Cancelled - not enough players by 7pm

Nope, only 4 at 7 so I cancelled it as per my post. If guys can't sign up by then so be it... I'm tired of babysitting up to the last minute. A few people don/t want to play with less than a full table as it is just not worth the time.
    torontotablecptWolffhound
  • So do we cancel the PLO games on Monday and Wednesday and put in NL games of some sort?

Also we tried Saturday late afternoon games and got very little interest.
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I would be okay with $20 games on a weekend night

as per above, there wasn't even interest for a $10. game... and you are negative enough.. lol
  • I'd be in for a 20 dollar game on Sat starting at 7pm NL holdem with 5 minute blinds and possible an addon or if we do rebuy make it a 10 dollar game?
    MrCaspan
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited June 2020
    Addicted wrote: »
    I'd be in for a 20 dollar game on Sat starting at 7pm NL holdem with 5 minute blinds and possible an addon or if we do rebuy make it a 10 dollar game?

What makes you think it will fly when it didn't before? You can't do add on without rebuy. If you do all that it could easily end up costing $60. or more per person. Would need some to deposit a lot more.. How many might we get, I would guess 5-8 at most.

Would love to do a knockout but since pstars tracking of home games is still not working I am not going to try and keep track manually. Bad enough rebuys..
  • I get it as its tough to play weekends during the summer as people are busy with familly, kids, golf, etc... I'm not sure why Tuesday's we get double the players every single time.. Maybe same tourney another day in the week would work better?
  • Addicted wrote: »
    I get it as its tough to play weekends during the summer as people are busy with familly, kids, golf, etc... I'm not sure why Tuesday's we get double the players every single time.. Maybe same tourney another day in the week would work better?

We already do on Friday night. It's too bad that nothing but NL is popular here. Too many players just want to play only boring NL even for $5.
  • maybe we have too many games scheduled? maybe limit to only 2 nights a week and Sunday?
  • Mabey I just drop the Monday and Wednesday PLO games?
    MrCaspan
  • My thinking is we limit the days we play that way players are wanting to play more due to being less games?
  • edited June 2020
    compuease wrote: »
    Mabey I just drop the Monday and Wednesday PLO games?
    I'm good with this but can't you continue to have the PLO/PLHE game one of those nights? If it ends up still not working out change it to NLHE only.
    Never mind - I thought the PLO/PLHE was on Mondays but it's on Sundays. I'm good with dropping two nights.
  • What night/type game gets most players? I likes Thursdays horse at 8 and the two Superstack nlh games.
    I do like the idea of less nights.