UTG+1: 5.61 BB
MP: 0.94 BB
MP+1: 20.26 BB
Hero (MP+2): 44.16 BB
CO: 75.72 BB
BTN: 18.58 BB

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has Ah Ad
fold, fold, MP calls 0.84 BB and is all-in, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop : (9.24 BB, 3 players) Kh 7d 4s
Hero bets 3.51 BB, CO raises to 7.02 BB, Hero raises to 41.06 BB and is all-in, CO calls 34.04 BB

Turn : (91.36 BB, 3 players) 9d

River : (91.36 BB, 3 players) 6s

Hero shows Ah Ad (One Pair, Aces)

Main Pot [4.76 BB]: (Pre 68%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
Side Pot [86.6 BB]: (Pre 80%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)

CO shows 4c 4h (Three of a Kind, Fours)

Main Pot [4.76 BB]: (Pre 19%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
Side Pot [86.6 BB]: (Pre 20%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)

MP shows Ks Jd (One Pair, Kings)

Main Pot [4.76 BB]: (Pre 13%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)

CO wins 91.36 BB
Could I have gotten away from this hand? Or did I play it right?

Comments

• Maybe the only thing I do different is a larger pre-flop raise. Seeing as how you have four players to act after you I may have gone a little bigger, you had a player before you all-in for less and 4 after still to act....... you never want to see a flop 6 handed when you have Aces.

The problem is in this specific hand the player in the cutoff has the biggest stack and could easily afford to call a larger pre-flop raise and fold if he doesn’t hit the flop.

Just a cooler. I would have lost it all here too.

Welcome to the group.

Card Dead
  • Thanks, i’ll take the advice on raising a bit more there.
  • There are much better players than me on this forum..... hopefully they chime in too.
  • edited May 2020
    I don't mind the raise. 3 folds already. You want some action. You get away on the flop if you have a good read on the guy as this is a pretty dry board. That being said, for such a dry board there isn't much value in shoving. If you are behind, you are way behind. If you are ahead and he is raising with a good king you don't want to blow him off the hand. I probably flat his raise and check call the turn unimproved and then re-evaluate on the river. I might even donk bet the turn and see if I get raised again and then fold.
    trigsCard Dead
  • Good advice, thanks