Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• Quick update needed in case folks are only checking the forum.

Tonight Apr 17 7:30 pm $5 PLO High only 2 rebuy turbo 5 min blinds
    8:00 pm $5 limit HORSE
    compuease
  • Quick update needed in case folks are only checking the forum.

Tonight Apr 17 7:30 pm $5 PLO High only 2 rebuy turbo 5 min blinds
    8:00 pm $5 limit HORSE

FYI, I am trying to keep up with updating the calendar as well, Up to date to a week today.
    Wolffhound
  • Schedule on Stars for next week looks like it matches the post too! Looks good! Cheers, Steve
  • edited April 2020
    Heads up. Game for the 22(wed) is scheduled for 430pm
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited April 2020
    Heads up. Game for the 22(wed) is scheduled for 430pm

Oops, deleted and recreated. Thx.
  • cul8r and i chopped the money when we were heads up tonight
    Toronto Pimp
  • Gogie wrote: »
    Comp and I have been throwing around ideas to increase interest/participation in the nightly tournaments and have come up with an idea. The details are below. We'd like as many members who participate in the PS home games to comment on the idea and let us know if they think we should go ahead with it.

Starting Sunday there will be an additional buy-in amount of either $1 or $0.50 added to the current buy-in. This amount will be set aside and added to a bi-weekly "special" game to be played on every other Saturday. The top 9 point getters over the two week period preceding the "special" game will get a free entry into the special game and everyone else who has played at least 5 of the qualifying games can buy in for $5. The additional buy-ins collected from the 14 games preceding the special game will be added to the prize pool for the "special" game. Assuming 10 runners for each of the preceding 14 qualifying games that would amount to either $140 or $70 being added to the "special" game prize pool.

Thoughts? Any and all comments are welcome. If you like the idea, it's mine. If you don't, blame Comp. (Just kidding)

Edit: If preferred, we could limit the additional buy-in amount to only those who want to participate in the "special" game. Others would not have to pay the additional amount but would not be able to play in the "special" game. And to be clear, you would have to pay the additional buy-in amount for all the qualifying games that you play to be able to play in the "special" game.

The "special" game idea will be tabled for the time being. Let's keep it simple for now.
    SeekTheGrail
  • The main thing that prevents me from playing is the EMT deal. I am in 2 other 'clubs' at poker stars and it is really easy at 7:20 to say "OK, I'll play the 7:30 game tonight". I don't mind paying the $5.50 for the $5 tourney. I'll pay attention because I'd play a deepstack if you have another one. I don't check the forum very often these days.
  • ted, you don't have to EMT every game... just load up 20 or so into the bank of comp, he's doing a bang up job tracking everything. (thanks comp btw)
    EdtheTed
  • Ted you don't have to pay ahead, I trust you. Most of these are going 3+ hrs so lots of play for only $5.
    EdtheTed
    edited April 2020
    FYI, I have scheduled out the tournaments exactly the same 8 weeks ahead from now. However I believe it only shows out 1 week ahead. Please sign up as soon as you believe you can play, that way we are likely to get more players.

Also if you have any requests for anything different don't hesitate, I can change any tournament in particular.
    thisORthat
  • After tailing off a bit over the last week or two last night's games had a pretty good take up with 16 runners in the "regular" game and 14 in HORSE (which is a really good turn out for that game I believe). Hopefully the trend has reversed.
    MrCaspantorontotablecptcompueasethisORthat
  • woods series of poker starts today live stream kicks of at 1230 for anyone who wants to watch who ever wants to play tourney starts at 1 pm 100$ buy in message me if u want in good luck to everyone
  • So do we want a Saturday game? When, what stakes, game, depth, etc. Voice your opinion. Remember you choices may influence how many we get.
  • I’d be ok with something in the evening like a normal 7:30 game. Supposed to be a nice day so we may not get a lot of interest.
  • I'd be ok with just about anything but personally I'd like to see something start a little earlier and maybe have a $10 buy in. Say a 6:30 start and play a "slower" NLHE.
    BuzzzarddAddicted
  • Glenn and I chopped first and second, even money
    Card Dead
  • ah ok, will correct
  • I have to go out for a while, social distancing of course, but I could set a game up later on for say 6"ish, designed to run maybe 5 hrs? Watch for it and post your support if you want one. $10?
    Gogie
  • edited May 2020
    DJ and I are good for a $10 game and would prefer a 6/6:30pm start time :)
  • I am up for it as well
  • Ok set up a NL, 15 min blinds, 10 K chips, no rebuys for 6PM today. With 15 players this would run about 5 1/2 hrs without a deal. Lets hope we get good participation.
  • 3 way even chop tonight. Sgt, addict, woog30
    AddictedToronto PimpWolffhound
  • Hey @Gogie, is it possible to have a column at the front of our tracking sheet (like in Column D) that shows our current balance so we don't have to scroll all the way to the end to see it? I'm finding the Google sheet cumbersome to navigate on my devices as it continues to grow. I know you've put a lot of great work in on the format, so please don't take this as a complaint or criticism of your work.
    Just a request from the guy with ancient devices and no technical aptitude. :tongue:
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Hey @Gogie, is it possible to have a column at the front of our tracking sheet (like in Column D) that shows our current balance so we don't have to scroll all the way to the end to see it? I'm finding the Google sheet cumbersome to navigate on my devices as it continues to grow. I know you've put a lot of great work in on the format, so please don't take this as a complaint or criticism of your work.
    Just a request from the guy with ancient devices and no technical aptitude. :tongue:

Done. Let me know if it's what you want. It's easy to change the sheet.

Card Dead
    edited May 2020
    Please register for games as soon as you think you will play as that helps more people sign up. We are starting to get smaller fields, maybe interest is waning?
  • I've been slacking. I'll try to play more.
    niks1compuease
  • compuease wrote: »
    Please register for games as soon as you think you will play as that helps more people sign up. We are starting to get smaller fields, maybe interest is waning?

I think its great that you set these up...but after having 1 cash in 32 tourneys thou my nightly poker $ is gone.
    GLA and have fun with these while staying safe.
  • Mind adding me to the club?

PS name is BacardiShots
  • Ok guys we will retry a $10 tournament again for Saturday at 6 pm, 15min blinds, 10K, 2 rebuys in first 60 min I believe. I would propose that we only run if we get at least 14 so how about I just cancel it if we don't have 14 registered by 5:50?
    So if you want this to run, sign up as soon as possible,
    niks1