Covid19 and new scams

I know none of you would get fooled by any of these scams (many just versions of earlier ones) but please forward this link on to any of your older relatives or indeed anyone who may be fooled. I first sent this out to many of my clients on Friday and today got a call from someone who had prevented a relative from being scammed by one of these. Made me feel good.

https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/features-vedette/2020/covid-19-eng.htm

Comments

• I had the duct cleaning service call me.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I had the duct cleaning service call me.

Did they say it would prevent Covid19?
  • They said it would protect me from it.
  • New Scams!

We can't even afford the old scams like Essential oils, chiropractors, nephropathy, Homeopathy, Essential oils and religion!

reefaquarium.
  • I think the total number of cases in Canada by April 30th will be 48,000.
  • I think the total number of cases in Canada by April 30th will be 48,000.

Is that cases of Covid or people scammed using Covid? Does any of us know anyone yet confirmed having Covid? Only a matter if time.

Think I would take the over on both..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Is that cases of Covid or people scammed using Covid? Does any of us know anyone yet confirmed having Covid? Only a matter if time.

Think I would take the over on both..

nope , haven’t heard of any friends of friends having the Covid.

being in the big city is too funny with all the Idiots driving around in their Mercedes Benz with the Mask that does absolutely nothing and the blue latex gloves .

just wash your damm hands when you get home and don’t pick your nose as much as usual and you should be fine.
  • Sorry, I think everyone should wear a mask. It spreads through droplets and you can have it without showing symptoms. Microscopic droplets can come out of your mouth just from talking. You don't need to be coughing or sneezing. That's why they say to stay 6 ft away.

A mask prevents an infected person from spreading it.

Now I know there's a shortage and the doctors and nurses should get first dibs. But the govt should start making them and distributing them to everyone. In the meantime stay at least 6ft away from people because you might be spreading it.
  • nope , haven’t heard of any friends of friends having the Covid.

being in the big city is too funny with all the Idiots driving around in their Mercedes Benz with the Mask that does absolutely nothing and the blue latex gloves .

just wash your damm hands when you get home and don’t pick your nose as much as usual and you should be fine.

Awwwww...... ☹️. What else are we supposed to do under quarantine?

No direct links, yet, but My wife works in the same company as the guy from Milton who was the second death and my neighbour’s coworker was treating him before he was diagnosed but I haven’t heard the results of her tests. That’s as close as i want to get to this.
  • You guys are wimps..... Beat cancer twice and this will seem like the sniffles...

Seriously tho, wash your hands often, distance yourself, and thank the front line responders profusely. This could get much worse, especially for us omc's...
  • Unfortunately, it is going to get worse before it gets better due to more people's tests finally getting done. We can't get discouraged, keep doing what they say and it will eventually start to go down.
    --
    There are still 11,000 tests to be determined.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it is going to get worse before it gets better due to more people's tests finally getting done. We can't get discouraged, keep doing what they say and it will eventually start to go down.
    --
    There are still 11,000 tests to be determined.

yup, you are 100% correct. It should take maybe 3 weeks just to get some data that makes sense. The backlog is giving people a false sense of security.
  • yup, you are 100% correct. It should take maybe 3 weeks just to get some data that makes sense. The backlog is giving people a false sense of security.

I think once they catch up on those, you will see the numbers start to drop.
  • With all due respect to everyone, I do not think you are grasping the seriousness of the situation. This will last months, at least.

This is about the USA but everyone should read it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-will-coronavirus-end/608719/
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    With all due respect to everyone, I do not think you are grasping the seriousness of the situation. This will last months, at least.

This is about the USA but everyone should read it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-will-coronavirus-end/608719/

sorry, I don’t understand your comment. Who said that this would be over quickly or implied that that it would be less than a few months ?

you will have to ‘bear’ with me as I am probably the least educated person this forum.
  • A guess there is a bit of a misunderstanding. You said it'll take 3 weeks to get test results back, and then DJ said once they get those back he thinks the numbers will start to go down.

That sounds to me that you guys think we'll be relatively back to normal by then, or a little after. If that's wrong then my mistake.

But still, I don't think the numbers are going to go down. I think they're going to go up.

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom. The article explains what's happening. No bullshit.
  • yup, you are 100% correct. It should take maybe 3 weeks just to get some data that makes sense. The backlog is giving people a false sense of security.

That’s all I said.....
  • kwsteve wrote: »

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom. The article explains what's happening. No bullshit.

Let's understand one thing here, I'm not a doom and gloomist nor am I an "it's all popcorn and lollipops" kind of guy. That is a just another opinion among many and while it is well written it is no more accurate than dozens of others. Obviously Trumps, "it will disappear soon" was one extreme and there are other writers who lay it out even worse that this one. However I prefer to believe in our scientists and medical professionals in that they will come up with appropriate remediations, etc sooner rather than later.
    Sure it will get worse but we WILL get through it and hopefully this will be a warning that is taken seriously throughout the world.
    I also believe we are doing a much better job in general here in Canada social distancing and all. That will get us through this episode and hopefully buy us time to effect a long term solution.

It "may" just be too late for me to see however.... I would like to see my grandkids play some more ball though...
    Let's understand one thing here, I'm not a doom and gloomist nor am I an "it's all popcorn and lollipops" kind of guy. That is a just another opinion among many and while it is well written it is no more accurate than dozens of others. Obviously Trumps, "it will disappear soon" was one extreme and there are other writers who lay it out even worse that this one. However I prefer to believe in our scientists and medical professionals in that they will come up with appropriate remediations, etc sooner rather than later.
    Sure it will get worse but we WILL get through it and hopefully this will be a warning that is taken seriously throughout the world.
    I also believe we are doing a much better job in general here in Canada social distancing and all. That will get us through this episode and hopefully buy us time to effect a long term solution.

Basically if our scientists can’t figure this out quickly the whole thing is TRIGS fault for not teaching the children well enough.

F.U. TRIGS.

• Basically if our scientists can’t figure this out quickly the whole thing is TRIGS fault for not teaching the children well enough.

F.U. TRIGS.

Is that who taught them...? Heaven help us..
    Is that who taught them...? Heaven help us..

yup, Trigs is responsible for teaching all the current scientists when they were in high school. To make it worse he is sitting there in Hammer town collecting his full pay check and blowing it on hot dogs and Roma pizza .
  • yup, Trigs is responsible for teaching all the current scientists when they were in high school. To make it worse he is sitting there in Hammer town collecting his full pay check and blowing it on hot dogs and Roma pizza .

Don't forget, donating taxpayer money to poker players in the club... ;)

Damn this thread took a left turn somewhere.. Started out as a warning to avoid scams.
    Don't forget, donating taxpayer money to poker players in the club... ;)

ahhh shitfuck..... disregard my F.U. TRIGS Post . Trigs is supplementing Comps wallet and probably DJ’s and A few others...
  • Kind of honored that someone thinks I had that much influence in thr world.
  • trigs wrote: »
    Kind of honored that someone thinks I had that much influence in thr world.

you are the glue that hold us all together.

:p
  • We can't even afford the old scams like Essential oils, chiropractors, nephropathy, Homeopathy, Essential oils and religion!
    Chiropractic isn't a scam. Source: personal experience. Caveat: my chiropractor is very much about the spinal alignments and not so much about the quackery.
  • studog wrote: »
    We can't even afford the old scams like Essential oils, chiropractors, nephropathy, Homeopathy, Essential oils and religion!
    Chiropractic isn't a scam. Source: personal experience. Caveat: my chiropractor is very much about the spinal alignments and not so much about the quackery.

Does he also have the cure for Covid-19?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5511008

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article242125441.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8219049/amp/Health-experts-slam-chiropractor-touting-tonic-water-treatment-coronavirus.html
  • trigs, that is just not fair or representative. From this you could say that all doctors of any type are quacks and we know that's not true. There are dozens of people from all sorts of professions, doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc that try to take advantage of situations like Covid for their own personal gain. Chiropracters are no more, no less likely to. Just because you don't like chiropracters is no reason the slam them all... My personal opinion only, not that of the management or owners of this website.... lol
    Toronto PimpHobbes
    trigs, that is just not fair or representative. From this you could say that all doctors of any type are quacks and we know that's not true. There are dozens of people from all sorts of professions, doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc that try to take advantage of situations like Covid for their own personal gain. Chiropracters are no more, no less likely to. Just because you don't like chiropracters is no reason the slam them all... My personal opinion only, not that of the management or owners of this website.... lol

Fair enough. I honestly just happened to have read about all those guys recently and thought it was funny they were all chiropractors.
    Toronto Pimpcompuease
  • Chiropractic is a psedo science scam.

Do not waste money on that shit.

For an explanation regarding the description of Chiropractic as a pseudoscience, see:

Singh, Simon; Ernst, Edzard (2008). "The Truth About Chiropractic Therapy". Trick or Treatment? Alternative Medicine on Trial. London: Bantam Press. ISBN 978-0-593-06129-9. OCLC 190777228.
    Hall, Harriet (March 11, 2008). "Science and Chiropractic". sciencebasedmedicine.org. New England Skeptical Society. Archived from the original on May 12, 2019. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
    Hansson, Sven Ove (2017-06-01). "Science denial as a form of pseudoscience". Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part A. 63: 39–47. doi:10.1016/j.shpsa.2017.05.002. ISSN 0039-3681. PMID 28629651.
    Ernst, Edzard (2009-04-01). "Complementary/alternative medicine: engulfed by postmodernism, anti-science and regressive thinking". The British Journal of General Practice. 59 (561): 298–301. doi:10.3399/bjgp09X420482. ISSN 0960-1643. PMC 2662117. PMID 19341568.
    Novella, Steven (March 22, 2017). "Cracking Down on Chiropractic Pseudoscience". sciencebasedmedicine.org. New England Skeptical Society. Archived from the original on December 19, 2019. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
    Williams, William F. (2000). Encyclopedia of Pseudoscience: From Alien Abductions to Zone Therapy. Facts on File Inc. p. 51. ISBN 1-57958-207-9