Fallsview Poker Classic WPT 2020 - Who's In?

Comments

• woog30 wrote: »
    Awesome stack DJ, keep it going!

I have 2 buddies from my Wednesday game still in, one has 147k.

Is that Heda and Johhn Daw ?
  • Gogie wrote: »
    Any updates on # of runners for today?

612 runners today
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Here's a hand we can debate over.
    I have 250k in chips and see AKos in the cut off
    , blinds are 800 / 1600,1600 and I make it 3800 to go.
    Big blind, older guy, reraises all in for 71k
    What do you do ?

i think at this point knowing you..... you fold here 100% of the time.

i think this is the correct move . The is Shoving a 44 big blind stack. I would assume he would be shoving pocket 10 thru to pocket queens but maybe only re-raising with aces or kings...

I would also fold this hand at this point in the tournament. You have a monster stack and can find much better spots.
    Here's a hand we can debate over.
    I have 250k in chips and see AKos in the cut off
    , blinds are 800 / 1600,1600 and I make it 3800 to go.
    Big blind, older guy, reraises all in for 71k
    What do you do ?

I’m pretty sure i fold here. That’s a big risk you don’t need to take at this point.

And if he’s an OMC he may be trying to avoid having his Aces or Kings cracked.
  • Glad to see the first two responses agree with my decision. Dude flipped over A9s , lol
    But i hadn't seen him get out of line the entire time
    Glad to see the first two responses agree with my decision. Dude flipped over A9s , lol

Definitely fold here. You do realize that if you called, he would have hit a 9 for sure.
    Glad to see the first two responses agree with my decision. Dude flipped over A9s , lol

update on stack..... looks like 119 left with 154k average stack...... and the clock is paused.
  • So sad, I'm down to 131,500 - blinds will be 2500 / 5000, 5000
    119 made it to day 2

Heda has about 260k
  • DJ. You did way better than the 493 dudes that busted. You go into the day with a very workable stack of 26 big blinds.

keep your chin up and remember that you are still very alive !
    Is that Heda and Johhn Daw ?

Yes...Heda bagged 263k
  • Nice work fellas.
  • Good luck to those playing today ! See you on day 2
  • For sure!

Thanks man!
  • 2nd break I have 64,000 chip avg is 40,000.

Been playing very very tight so far. May change gears soon.
  • Let's go pcf!

Playing 6,3 offsite is not very, very tight. :)
  • Out in level 9.

TT < Q2 all-in on a 962 flop vs the resident luckbox. Q on turn.

Stack never got above 40k all day.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Out in level 9.

Mike took you out?
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Out in level 9.

You out-lasted me. I busted out right near the end of level 8. My cards literally sucked all day. I never got above the starting stack and folded way too much (thanks to crappy cards). The best hole cards I saw all day were QQ once - I raised and got very little action and ended up winning a small pot. Other than that I had AK once and won another small pot when I bet an A-high flop and everyone folded. I had 4 or 5 small pocket pairs during the day. Played 66 twice and 77 once when I was able to get in without any big raises. Flopped sets twice with my small pairs only to lose to flushes both times.

My busto hand was a real cutie. I get 99 in cutoff. UTG raises to 1500 (blinds were 300-600-600). Folded around to me and I shove my last 11,500. Folded to cutoff who immediately calls and shows KQos. Flop come 667 (suits don't matter here). Turn is a 6. River another 6 and I lose to quads with a K kicker. Sometimes poker really sucks.

That wasn't the worst beat at my table. One hand the short stack at the time (~12,500 chips) limped from early position. MP player raises to 1700 and next player raises to ~6000. Back to SS who shoves. MP folds and V calls. SS shows 88 and V turns over QQ. Flops comes Q88. Turn is a brick. River is the case Q. Sometimes poker really sucks.

GL Pimp. Run it up.
  • Busto.

I had pocket aces many times and I had pocket kings many times. Sadly they did not always hold.

my busto hand blinds are 800-1600-1600 level ten. There is a raise in early position to 4000 and there are 2 callers before I look down at pocket aces for the fourth time. I have 105,000 to start the hand.

i re-raise to 22,000 because I do not want to go 4 ways to the flop I would be happy taking down right here or maybe going heads up.

I get 2 folds and then the big stack who has just over 200,000 re-raises it 55,000. I shove and he goes into the tank.

the friggin guy calls with pocket twos. What the heck are you thinking.......

right away on the flop is a 2.........

I don’t understand poker anymore.

On a positive note Carl had the room running really friggin good. The tournament actually started about 10mins after noon which has to be world record for this event. All the dealers I had were really good and it was a fun day with the exception of my last hand.
  • Any idea on # of entries today?
  • 894 entries
  • Busto.

I had pocket aces many times and I had pocket kings many times. Sadly they did not always hold.

my busto hand blinds are 800-1600-1600 level ten. There is a raise in early position to 4000 and there are 2 callers before I look down at pocket aces for the fourth time. I have 105,000 to start the hand.

i re-raise to 22,000 because I do not want to go 4 ways to the flop I would be happy taking down right here or maybe going heads up.

I get 2 folds and then the big stack who has just over 200,000 re-raises it 55,000. I shove and he goes into the tank.

the friggin guy calls with pocket twos. What the heck are you thinking.......

right away on the flop is a 2.........

I don’t understand poker anymore.

On a positive note Carl had the room running really friggin good. The tournament actually started about 10mins after noon which has to be world record for this event. All the dealers I had were really good and it was a fun day with the exception of my last hand.

That’s rough. I guess we all can’t run like DJ. 😜
  • Gogie wrote: »
    You out-lasted me. I busted out right near the end of level 8. My cards literally sucked all day. I never got above the starting stack and folded way too much (thanks to crappy cards). The best hole cards I saw all day were QQ once - I raised and got very little action and ended up winning a small pot. Other than that I had AK once and won another small pot when I bet an A-high flop and everyone folded. I had 4 or 5 small pocket pairs during the day. Played 66 twice and 77 once when I was able to get in without any big raises. Flopped sets twice with my small pairs only to lose to flushes both times.

My busto hand was a real cutie. I get 99 in cutoff. UTG raises to 1500 (blinds were 300-600-600). Folded around to me and I shove my last 11,500. Folded to cutoff who immediately calls and shows KQos. Flop come 667 (suits don't matter here). Turn is a 6. River another 6 and I lose to quads with a K kicker. Sometimes poker really sucks.

That wasn't the worst beat at my table. One hand the short stack at the time (~12,500 chips) limped from early position. MP player raises to 1700 and next player raises to ~6000. Back to SS who shoves. MP folds and V calls. SS shows 88 and V turns over QQ. Flops comes Q88. Turn is a brick. River is the case Q. Sometimes poker really sucks.

GL Pimp. Run it up.

Your pocket 8s buddy just sat down at my cash table. I told him you said hi. 😜
  • Made it to day two with 50500 chips which will be 10 bb. So we'll see what happens! I was up to over 150k at one point but went card dead for the final 3+ hours.

My most memorable hand: I haven't had a hand in quite a while, so in mid-late position I raise to 2K with A8 of clubs (blinds are 400/800) and SB folds and BB calls. Flop comes AAQ with one club! BB checks and I bet 2400. BB calls. Turn is 6 of clubs. BB checks and I bet 4500. BB raises to 14K! So I think 'does he have a better Ace?' Or perhaps a full house? Or is he over-valuing a queen? But I have 3 of a kind, plus the nut flush draw and only about 26K behind, so I jam all in and he calls. He turns over pocket queens for a flopped full house and I don't feel very good. And then the river is ........ an Ace giving me quads! The Big blind was totally pissed I'd called his huge raise but I'm not folding that hand! Anyway, I guess that was my "one time"!
  • Nice! GL today Ted.

Oh yeah, you too DJ.
  • DJ has avg stack on the bubble.

Go Go Go!
  • Joey and Heda are in the money