Vegas Jan 12-17 via Swoop

Heading to vegas next Sunday morning at 9am and taking swoop out of Hamilton. Anybody who’s flown from Hamilton before know how far in advance i should be there to be safe? Never flown from Hamilton before.

Comments

• Well they say for international it's 2 hrs but that is ridiculous, Hamilton is small, easy to get in an out. A big swinger is if you have luggage to check. Hint, buy your Tim's food (not drinks) at the Tim's before going through security as it has sandwiches and regular choices, then clear security and buy coffee at Tim's after security. There it is only a small Tim's there with just drinks as I recall. Compared to Pearson it is a dream. Oh yea, you do have to walk across the tarmac and up a ramp to the plane. No jetways. Hope for decent weather. One time when I came back into Hamilton, it was raining hard and windy. I pitied people with small children.
    Extra info, there is no Roma pizza there. :(

I really like Swoops schedule for this as you get 5 1/2 full days in Vegas as I remember.

What are you paying for your return flight? A little over $200?
  • Buy food at the airport? Are you crazy? I can’t afford that! 😛

I was thinking 90 mins would be plenty, especially with such an early flight time on a Sunday and Swoop’s track record with delays. No luggage, just carry on. I flew from Kelowna last year on swoop, and 60 mins was plenty of time.

I agree, the schedule is excellent. It’s basically 6 days of play with only 5 hotel nights and I love taking the redeye home. That was a big factor, not to mention the $220 return fare. 🤑

Thanks for the info.
  • Comp nailed it.

No luggage - download your boarding pass to your phone. No need to check in. Go straight to security. 20 min before flight tops (serious).

One time I went through security and forgot my penknife on my keychain - I turned around, walked back to my car, dropped off the knife and went back through security - total time - 10 min.

90 min? WTF? - you will have time for 3 Timmy's and have to pee badly by the time the plane boards and you will burn through 25% of your phone battery.

Don't forget all swoop seats have usb ports for charging though.
  • Cool. Good to know. I’m a big fan of arriving as late as possible,
    Thanks. 👍🏻
  • moose wrote: »
    Comp nailed it.

No luggage - download your boarding pass to your phone. No need to check in. Go straight to security. 20 min before flight tops (serious).
    That might be cutting a bit too fine, even for me. However Moose is quite right, their 2 hours ahead for Hamilton or London when not checking any luggage is ridiculous. Make sure you do the web check-in 24 hours ahead of flight time, either save your boarding pass on your phone or you can also print it at home (just to be safe). After clearing security, wait until last call for boarding and the line is gone before walking up to the gate. No use standing outside in the cold.
    Even after clearing the gate in Hamilton, their is a small area still inside where you can watch the lineup to get on the plane until it almost clears before you go outside.

Hint: Make sure your boarding pass name matches your passport. lol, it could have caught me.
  • Planning to be there at 8 for a 9:15 flight. I figure that should be a comfortable timeline.
  • Oh wow, you were so right Moose.

Weather was a little dodgy yesterday so the wife insisted on leaving early, just in case of poor driving conditions.

After dropping her at Pearson first, i arrived in Hamilton right at 8 am and was at the gate by 8:15, which was perfect since we actually boarded early (and then spent an hour sitting on the tarmac for de-icing).

Good call.
  • Have a safe flight and enjoy your week in Vegas.
  • GL and run that $100. US bill up...
  • Too late. It’s long gone.
    Gettin’ beat like I stole something.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Too late. It’s long gone.
    Gettin’ beat like I stole something.

oops, try to play less than 15 hands per hour..
  • compuease wrote: »
    oops, try to play less than 15 hands per hour..

I think I’m down to 15 hands per day.
  • Nobody likes a quitter. Glen, dust yourself off have a virgin Bloody Mary and get back in there.

there are 3 tables of 5-10 going at the Bellagio right now. Jump in and get loose.
  • Yeeeaaaahhhhh...... i’ll get right on that Mike.
  • Decided to go the other way and play the daily $150 tournament at the Venetian to slow down the losses. The rake sucks, but its a decent structure for a low buyin and better than punting $600 a day playing 1/3.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Decided to go the other way and play the daily $150 tournament at the Venetian to slow down the losses. The rake sucks, but its a decent structure for a low buyin and better than punting $600 a day playing 1/3.

Venetian poker... that makes my blood boil. haha. Take it down!
  • Venetian poker... that makes my blood boil. haha. Take it down!

Yeah, The cash games are definitely infuriating.
  • Busted in 18th of 63.

Top 2 vs bottom set with 30bb stack vs wide aggro player.

Can never fold.
  • Cash game sucked again this morning so i played the daily $150 again.

Currently at 3rd break and I'm the chipleader by a slim margin over 2 other players with 60bb and we’re on the money bubble. 🥳

121 runners, 15 places paid, 4k up top.

Send rungood 😀
  • Thanks man.

Now at FT with avg stack. Lost a big hand when my AK < AQ.

Still have 30 bb and avg stack tho.
  • At 4th break now.

Did not run well since last break but still alive with 12bb and 6 players left. Top 5 make 1k min. Got caught bluffing the river after missing a draw, but otherwise have played solid.

Now i just need some hands to
  • Win it all back here....
  • Came close. Out in 6th for $971.

Jammed 10bb from utg with AcJh and bb calls with A6 off. Flop is QTxhh, turn is 6h, river is a brick.
  • Solid run Glenn!
  • Good run man, nice job..
  • Thanks guys, it was fun. Makes getting crushed in cash games almost bearable.

So i took Mike’s advice and went to the Bellagio with my winnings to play some 2/5 and here’s how it went down.

Call 20 from the button in a 5 way pot with AJss. Flop is 965ss, and i call 40 by original raiser, and 2 ppl call behind. Pot is 260, turn is Kh and utg jams for over pot and we all have to fold. He shows K9.
    Open with KJhh, get 2 callers and flop is Qxx no heart and have to fold.
    Open with AQ vs 1 caller and board is Jxx and have to fold.
    Open with 55, get 2 callers, flop a set, check flop, bet river and get no callers.
    Open with AJcc, flop is J56cc, bet 30, k9 guy calls. Turn is Ad, i bet 60, he shoves, i call obv, he has 55, i brick the river.

Total elapsed time: 58 mins
    I surrender! 🤮