Anyone else see this WSOP controversy?

(MAJOR CONTROVERSY!) 11 Left WSOP Main Event 2019: https://youtu.be/rbVn8KkpJu0

What do you think think?

I just wish I could watch the final table of the main event in WSOP :( fricking blackouts

Comments

• MrCaspan wrote: »
    (MAJOR CONTROVERSY!) 11 Left WSOP Main Event 2019: https://youtu.be/rbVn8KkpJu0

What do you think think?

I just wish I could watch the final table of the main event in WSOP :( fricking blackouts

There shouldn't be any controversy. The rule is very clear.... almost as if it was written for this specific incident.

It was just a very bad time for it to happen.
  • Watching it right now....... on espn2..... 13C1B614-4081-47D3-9B54-D8452FB0E3C1.jpg

dario seemed a little more upset after he saw the other guys hand. Rule was very clear and decision was correct IMO.
  • The ruling was correct. As others have said I am sure the rule was drawn up for this exact situation.

I am sure that it probably happened 50+ times during the main event, it just hurts a lot more when it is close to the final table!
  • Yeah to me it seemed like he only was upset after he saw he was basically dominated. Seemed like an angle shot of some kind and like you guys said was exactly written for this reason so you couldent do that. What I do respect is the other player didn't say a word and let the floor rule. I also agree with the ruling that this is the way it is, can't talk us out of the rule, let's roll lol.

They didn't stop the clock either while this whole thing happened so I am surprised smaller stacks did complain about that! Give him a time penality of some kind!
  • The ruling was 100% correct but I don't like the rule at all. Many players are (to varying degrees) visually impaired and that's why asking and receiving a correct count is critical. The way the rule is, it's as if they should allow players to count out the opponent's stack (which is absurd) if they want the liability to be with the calling player. If I were in-charge I would have made Dario put in the 17.2 and then run it out.

Floor should have been called before cards, and flop, were exposed.

Dario didn't complain until cards were flipped so this shouldn't have gone on as long as it did. Sure, everything is happening so fast so its hard to sit here from my laptop and say that action was clearly accepted. I think that's when he realized how bad the mistake actually cost him (especially after seeing the flop too).

Jack could have showed more empathy but I don't think he was needling Dario by implying that he would call 22 if he's calling 17.
    (MAJOR CONTROVERSY!)

I agree with your sentiment here, I bought Pokergo as I understood that I would be able to watch all of the recorded events not just some or parts of. Ripoff..
  • I am the same way! I was told VPN to another country can let you as there are no blackouts in that country. Kind of pissed also I want to watch poker and can't. Stupid corporate BS.. Just let me pay for crap to watch it!
    I am the same way! I was told VPN to another country can let you as there are no blackouts in that country. Kind of pissed also I want to watch poker and can't. Stupid corporate BS.. Just let me pay for crap to watch it!

I don’t have cable tv anymore . I have a thing called buzz tv. It’s 12 bucks a month and I get over 3000 channels in all different languages. The espn2 has been showing it. Last night I watched it till there were 5 left.
  • moose wrote: »

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Poker Central LLC."

:(
  • (link removed)
  • La Dodgers on the first link, Summer league basketball on the 2nd. I have been searching reddit for live streams as well but no luck yet. Will see when the 2 BB's finish.
  • Man that was a horribly played hand by Livingston...