Hand Feedback. Did I make the right decision?

Whats up everyone. Im new to pokerforum and would like some feedback on this hand please. I think his turn bet here made me really think and decided to fold. This is probably a pretty basic situation but I was a bit stumped and want to know if it was the right decision. Thank you!

VILLAIN-- vpip: 34% pfr: 9%
- gambler, gets involved

No Limit Hold'em Tournament T30/T60
Buy-in: $9.10 + $0.90
888 Poker
8 players
Formatted by pokercopilot.com: Poker HUD for Mac and Windows

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (T2,200)
UTG+1 - UTG+1 (T1,904)
MP - MP (T1,370)
MP2 - Hero (T1,290)
CO - CO (T1,231)
BTN - BTN (T3,310)
SB - SB (T875)
BB - BB (T1,320)

Preflop: (T130, 8 players) Hero is MP2 with K♣ K♠
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to T120, 1 fold, Hero raises to T360, 3 folds, BB calls T300, 1 fold

Flop: 4♠ A♦ T♥ (T910, 2 players - Hero: T925, BB: T955)
BB bets T600, 1 fold, Uncalled bet of T600 returned to BB

Total Pot: T910

BB wins T910

Comments

• If you started the hand with 20 big blinds in a multi way pot once the UTG1 raises to 120 I go either 5x or shove. Your 3x raise is far to inviting for Ace rag and suited connectors to see a flop.

I am not sure I fold here as I believe the villain with a Vip of 34% is betting the flop weather he hits it or not. I would call but I am a fish.
  • Can you explain why you raised KK to 360?
  • I think I would have to agree with TorontoPimp here. If you only had 21.5BB left, this is shoving territory to a 2x opening bet. Only hand he can have that beats you at this point is AA. You do not want hit to just have an Ace Ten suited and suck out on you on the flop. This is the point in having a stack to push people around with it. Remember if you have the same stack as everyone else they are thinking he same thing as you, they dont want to go out on a flip they want to know they are ahead to risk their stack.

You are in MP and this is a great spot to shove and hope to get a caller!
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone. I figured because the blinds were fairly small it would be best to get a pot goin preflop before risking it all. Just to be clear, I 3-bet preflop instead of shoving because i was in position (conpared to raiser) and confident those behind me would fold. They did and it left me in position against one oponent, which is what I wanted.

You’re saying that with blinds only at 30/60 and the pot only 250 (before my 3bet), its still best to just shove here?? In the hopes to win that small pot or even more slim, somebody call??

Edit: sorry..right, two called my 3bet. Nevertheless still in position and confident one of them would miss completely anyway
  • It's your $10s and you are allowed to play it cautiously or loose or what ever you want. You want to put yourself in good positions to win money..

Let me ask this (I'm no poker pro) if the flop missed and an A didn't hit how willing do you think the other guy would be willing to bet? My guess is they would check to the agresor and when you bet they would fold. Or you slow play the KK to to Turn, it misses their hand again and they check and you want value for your KK so you bet. So same result happens but you gave them a chance to hit something twice. They could have a middling pair but you 3bet them on the flop they know you are holding something strong.
  • True true. Ok thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback! 😁👍
  • your opponent donk bet you...........you will see alot of that in low buy ins on line and also low buy ins live......Card Player Magazine on line has an article by Johnathan Little on how to handle donk bets....its a good read......BTW Little is very good at strategy for lower $ buy ins, both on You Tube and his blogs on Card Player
  • marban wrote: »
    your opponent donk bet you...........you will see alot of that in low buy ins on line and also low buy ins live......Card Player Magazine on line has an article by Johnathan Little on how to handle donk bets....its a good read......BTW Little is very good at strategy for lower $ buy ins, both on You Tube and his blogs on Card Player

agree with marban on Johnathan Little. I find his videos and articles very well done. Very sensible compared to most poker instructors.
  • Stellar!! Cheers guys! Gonna go check em out 😁👍
  • mslaws86 wrote: »
    Stellar!! Cheers guys! Gonna go check em out ����

Whereabouts are you mslaws? I assume Alberta? If so you have some good choices for live games in Calgary and Edmonton..
  • Yea im from calgary. I’ve only played $1/$2 cash tables live and a couple low stakes tourneys. Cash games i like but honestly the rake and payout structure for the tourneys i played i thought were shit and not really worth it. Coulda just been the ones i played though