Building my own Poker Table

Has anyone had any experience building their own poker table? I was looking at this site and seems like its doable. I will have to modify it so I can remove the legs when not in use but curious if others have had any experience and can throw me some tips maybe this site does not speak of!

Comments

• The smaller of the two tables you sat at last Saturday was one that I built years ago using similar instructions. Totally doable.
  • Did you find it was much cheaper for the quality that came out? it it really worth it?
  • I have built 4 tables. Was it cost effective, maybe. Was it worth it, I think so. I built exactly what I wanted. There are also cost effective tables that can be bought built from straight poker supplies in Toronto. Not sure what shipping would be, but pick up is an option. Or if you're looking for a baller table, than go for a table from www.chanmanpokertables.com. He is a member on this forum as well. He's out in BC.
  • I think you are right Matt the capability of building the table you want vs. cookie cutter table is a big thing. I also need to store it when not in use so trying to find the best way to do that.. If its just removable legs or fold-able etc.

There is free shipping from the pace in Toronto for order over $65 so might get some speed cloth from them and stainless steel cup holders. I figures i can build a table for ~$200 give or take and like you said its custom to my wants. Did you just folding legs on your tables or did you have another way of removing the legs on it?

Wow some of those tables at www.chanmanpokertables.com are awesome!! Big bucks but worth it if you have the cash! The hockey/ Tim's table is so Canadian!
  • I bought a basic table from chanman. Could I have got one cheaper? Yes, but his are great quality. They come with kickstands as well for easy storage.

20190627_145207.jpg
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I think you are right Matt the capability of building the table you want vs. cookie cutter table is a big thing. I also need to store it when not in use so trying to find the best way to do that.. If its just removable legs or fold-able etc.

There is free shipping from the pace in Toronto for order over $65 so might get some speed cloth from them and stainless steel cup holders. I figures i can build a table for ~$200 give or take and like you said its custom to my wants. Did you just folding legs on your tables or did you have another way of removing the legs on it?

Wow some of those tables at www.chanmanpokertables.com are awesome!! Big bucks but worth it if you have the cash! The hockey/ Tim's table is so Canadian!

My oval tables have foldable legs. They work just fine.

As for drink holders, I prefer to have drink carts or side tables as opposed to having drinks on the table (nobody ever spills, right?). Just my opinion. Also, less upholstery work around all those holes, the better.
  • Thanks Matt, yeah i was looking at those slip under the arm rest ones stainless steel. But you might be right, no way to spill if not on the table! Did you do the speed cloth on yours and if so where did you get it form?
  • Drink carts are probably best as long as you have the room for them.
    Thanks Matt, yeah i was looking at those slip under the arm rest ones stainless steel. But you might be right, no way to spill if not on the table! Did you do the speed cloth on yours and if so where did you get it form?

Straight poker supplies has everything you need as far as foam and speed cloth etc...
    Thanks Matt, yeah i was looking at those slip under the arm rest ones stainless steel. But you might be right, no way to spill if not on the table! Did you do the speed cloth on yours and if so where did you get it form?

I have it on my round table currently and have used it on my ovals before. It's good and works. Straight poker supplies has it in stock.
  • kwmatt wrote: »
    I have it on my round table currently and have used it on my ovals before. It's good and works. Straight poker supplies has it in stock.

Yeah I noticed they had it in stock! Thanks guys!
  • I built one for our weekly game last year. We needed a large sturdy table so I built a full 8' x 4' x 5/8" tabletop that mounts onto a 6' kitchen table (free on kijiji). This made it easier to transport and store, as well as giving it a stronger base.

It was interesting and fun to build and wasn't too hard, except for the upholstery, but I did make a few mistakes. I found a good video on YouTube that was very helpful.

Definitely invest in an electric stapler. You have no idea how much stapling there is.

Also, I didn't do anything fancy like cupholders or lighting, but I did get speedcloth and would highly recommend it for playability and spill cleanup.

I got all my supplies from Straight Poker for less than $200 and their stuff was quite good. With a couple of sheets of MDF and your standard supplies like glue and staples, it probably came to about $250.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Mounts onto a 6' kitchen table (free on kijiji). This made it easier to transport and store, as well as giving it a stronger base.

I was thinking of this and using my table as the base also. I have a Milwaukee M12 stapler so this will help a lot

If I am going to put on the table I might not do arm rests

I think for sure I am going to build one then buy one
  • If you mean the bumper, when you say arm rests, then I'd definitely include that. You could end up with a lot of chips and cards on the floor. Plus, it looks better.
  • I never thought about chips and cards falling off lol. Yeah that might be useful!
  • I got an extra one I could sell you if you want. It has speed cloth, vinyl armrest, cupholders on the table (not armrest). I'll let you have it for $300 but you gotta transport it.

FILE0018.jpg

It's similar to this one but I think it's a different colour.
  • Thanks Steve, I think I am going to build my own just for the experience to be honest. I really love working with wood so I'm excited to build my own!