Harrington On Hol'em - Book 1 Why did he fold?

So I am reading Harrington On Holden book 1 and he is discussing a hand from the 2003 WSOP He explained the following (See attachments) He is holding a draw to the nut high flush here, why would he think his hand didn't improve on the flop? he has a 1:2 chance of hitting this flush. Can anyone explain why fold here is good?

Comments

• Not seeing any flush draw there... it's AK offsuit on 964 rainbow ??
  • Yup, fold.

AK off and whiffed the flop. Why try and bluff on the final table when any tiny pocket pair has you beat.
  • OMG I looked at it quick and it was black and the heart looked like a spade... Wow what is wrong with me! I need to get my eyes checked!
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    OMG I looked at it quick and it was black and the heart looked like a spade... Wow what is wrong with me! I need to get my eyes checked!

No, no, no... Forget the eyes, just keep coming out, we'll make sure you have an end seat...
  • compuease wrote: »
    No, no, no... Forget the eyes, just keep coming out, we'll make sure you have an end seat...

No I have to start paying attention more. But to be honest these hearts do look like spades!!
  • Let's play with the all-green deck to help too!! ;-)
  • haha! that might be fun!