WSOP Big 50

Wondering if anyone on the board is considering playing in the Big 50 this year. Being the 50th anniversary of the WSOP, I'm strongly considering heading down to cross the first part of this off my bucket list.

Wondering if there's anyone else considering and working on organizing a trip down.

For those that have not heard of the Big 50, it'll be the first event of the 2019 WSOP. It's $500 entry with no rake**. It has a $5Million guarantee with $1M guaranteed up top.

There are 4 day 1d with a 50k starting stack and 50 minute blinds.

**There is one rebuy each day, which would be raked.

Comments

• After round 1 is complete how many days would it expect to run?
  • I haven't seen that yet. I've not actually been able to find the format, so I'm not sure how the tournament actually plays.
  • Very... Interesting, at only $500. maybe we could get a number of forum entrants. I imagine the field could be Huuuuuge... Wonder if they will limit the field...
  • Interesting indeed. Kinda like the colossus but with a better structure (presumably). Will have to check on the details when they are posted.
  • To make the guarantee my math says they need 10,000 entrants. That is a a gigantic field.
  • compuease wrote: »
    To make the guarantee my math says they need 10,000 entrants. That is a a gigantic field.

With re-entry’s they could crush that number..... here is the info on last years Colossus that was a $565 buy-in. 13,070 peeps for that one.

[FONT=&quot]After playing 243 hands today, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Roberly Felicio[/FONT][FONT=&quot] finally managed to clinch the win in the end by defeating [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sang Liu[/FONT][FONT=&quot] heads-up in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Event #7: $565 COLOSSUS No-Limit Hold’em[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Not only did he win the fifth coveted [/FONT][FONT=&quot]gold WSOP bracelet[/FONT][FONT=&quot] for Brazil, he also took home [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$1,000,000[/FONT][FONT=&quot]for his efforts over the past days. Over six starting days, 13,070 hopefuls took their seats, creating a total prize pool of $6,535,000.

[/FONT]
  • But rake free for the 1st buyin makes it really attractive.
  • compuease wrote: »
    But rake free for the 1st buyin makes it really attractive.

I agree. This event will have over 15,000 entries.
  • Colossus last year had a day 2 and 3 so I am expecting this will run at least until Wed. (Day 2, 3, 4).
  • Found more schedule details:

Sun, Jun 2nd
    10:00 AM
    4 Days

so it does end on the Wed. That would put me out but I could make the $400 Colossus which would end on Sun. Jun. 30.
  • There’s an official page up for it now. World Series of Poker - Official Tournament Coverage and Results

Expected end day is Wed or Thurs depending on number of entrants. Structure sheet isn’t up yet. I’m very likely going down for it.
  • would be down for a pfc trip
  • If anyone is interested, the WSOP has updated the link above with more information on the event.
  • Damn I really wish I could play this.
  • I am gonna try to get to this just based on the free rake
  • Zithal wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, the WSOP has updated the link above with more information on the event.

Holy fuck this tourney is going to run more than a week. Even if you start on the last day it is 6 days long.
  • This sounds like a tourney that should have a deep stack tourney with a large buyin to prepare for....maybe Zithal would be willing to host? or I would if not....like a May 24 weekend $100 tourney?
  • I'm thinking Sunday Jun 2nd (day 1D) to Friday June 7th, collect bracelet plus $1,000,000.+ and come home...

That way I don't waste anything on hookers and blow..

********Edit*********
    Nope, just used skyscanner and could not find flights that get me in for a 10am start on Sunday, but could get a Swoop round trip for $207. (it doesn't get in until the evening), back up one day and found that Swoop doesn't fly there on Saturdays and cheapest flight that day is Westjet at $513., back up to Friday and again Swoop comes into play for $207... Clear win as that difference more than covers the extra hotel costs. Seriously considering booking right now for that. It is unlikely to get cheaper and this way I could play either flight 1C on Saturday or 1D on Sunday and also gives me the option to play 1C and 1D.

Thoughts?

And since I am "almost" the owner of PFC I just HAVE to represent right? Need that justification to justify to the wife... See Trigs, you just have to have an angle to work....

Just checked again on Swoop website and if I book the same flight as 2 one way flights it totals $198... All taxes in, pay extra for luggage or seat selection.
  • They charge extra for the convenience of not having to book two one way flights.
  • When does registration for WSOP events typically open? I'm guessing not for a while yet. Guess I will have to risk it and book soon for the $198 price and take a chance that things don't change. Will register as soon as it opens.
  • Just booked, $99. each way plus luggage. Now to buy my seat as soon as they go on sale... Will wait on hotel for a deal of some sort.. I can always sleep in the tunnels...

DEPARTING FLIGHT
    WO800 on a 737-800 aircraft type.

YHM 7:30 PM
    Departs Friday May 31
    Hamilton, ON
    9:00 PM LAS
    Arrives Friday May 31
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    PFC Grand Poobah
    No Seat Assigned
    No Carry-on Bag, Checked Bag x 1, General Boarding

DEPARTING FLIGHT
    WO701 on a 737-800 aircraft type.

LAS 10:15 PM
    Departs Friday Jun 7
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    5:30 AM YHM
    Arrives Saturday Jun 8
    Hamilton, ON
    PFC Grand Poobah
    No Seat Assigned
    No Carry-on Bag, Checked Bag x 1, General Boarding
  • Not sure if anybody is contemplating the same days as I but the flights have just gone up to $235. round trip plus luggage.. If you are going to book, don't wait any longer as the flight there says it only has 3 seats at this price..
  • Still decent round trip price for this out of Hamilton at $264. CDN all taxes in. Can't believe no one else going.
  • Hey compuease so what are you going down for? I might be game for this!
  • Plan on just playing the Big 50 all week right up to final table on Friday...

lol.. Well I do have backup plans if that doesn't work out, like some of the other series that are going on that week, Orleans, Golden Nugget, PH, etc.. plus cash of course.
  • Well I got approval from the wife and from work.. now I just need money... Anyone want to back me!?! :) JK I'll find a way to make this work!
  • So do you get to choose your color? LIke Jeff I am assuming you are thinking Day 1C – which starts Saturday, June 1 10AM? Never played these before so not sure how they work..
  • What do you mean, color? I am still not sure if I will play 1C or D, don't get in until late Friday so thinking I may rest for a day first and get acclimatized to the time change, I'm old you know...
  • If you look at their PDF it is all colorized but yes 1C they talk about flights what the hell is a flight when talking about poker tournaments.
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    If you look at their PDF it is all colorized but yes 1C they talk about flights what the hell is a flight when talking about poker tournaments.

Yep a flight is a Day 1, in this one there are 4 flights, A,B,C,D, Each flight plays 2 days in their own flights then I believe all survivors are then combined into one Day 3 on the Wednesday.