Wsop 2019

So who is planning on heading down to Vegas this year for WSOP?

As usual, I am trying to convince the wife to let me go. For those who are considering going, I'm really interested in how and where you are looking for flights/hotels and what, if any, deals are available. June 28th would be the earliest day I can head down and there are still a few possible tournaments that I could play in for $1500 or under. Basically, I'm looking at dates between June 28 to July 10 to fly down.

I haven't been able to find anything less than around $450 per person for flights not including hotel. I feel that it's possible to get better deals than that though. Any help/suggestions?

Comments

• Keep monitoring Swoop and sign up at skyscanner for price alerts.
  • I am going to do my best to make the $400 colossus, start jun26/27 and end jun30. So ask for two days off. You are not teaching anyways. I would be flying back Jul 1
  • moose wrote: »
    I am going to do my best to make the $400 colossus, start jun26/27 and end jun30. So ask for two days off. You are not teaching anyways. I would be flying back Jul 1

It's a possibility I could get those days off. Exams are technically over on the 26th. I'd have to get all my marks in that day though.
  • Mark on plane. Use internet.
    Mark on plane. Use internet.

Probably not possible. I have to submit all marked exams to the office. They store them away for a year (or two maybe). I don't know if they'd let me hold onto them until I come back.
  • trigs wrote: »
    As usual, I am trying to convince the wife to let me go.

Nevermind the Vegas trip... we need to get this poor man into a support group!
  • Fuck he can't even get out out of Friday night!
    Fuck he can't even get out out of Friday night!

Host on a Saturday.
  • Grow a pair.
    Host on a Saturday.

I am hosting on Saturday
  • woog30 wrote: »
    I am hosting on Saturday

Yeah I know. Just busy that day otherwise I'd be there.
  • He means his wife won't let him go.
  • Next cash game at Trig's we all need to explain to his wife how it would be great for his sex life to let him go on a Vegas trip with a bunch of guys..... oh wait.. maybe that wouldn't help..
  • Our last vacation (a long time ago) was to Atlantic City and she only went there for me. It's not like she particularly doesn't want to go to Vegas. She just would rather go somewhere she prefers, which is fair. However, I'd prefer Vegas and she said that if I can find a good deal she'd consider going. Basically, I'm just being a selfish prick... but it's for poker...
  • And you always put the toliet seat down.
    And you always put the toliet seat down.

Always.
  • Booked for June 6-16. Hopefully most of the senior events will be that week.
  • I found this year's WSOP Seniors Structure sheet (http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_1622_17290.pdf) and this year's structure looks to be significantly better than previous years. I calculated the Patience Factor as 50.79, which is way better than the last several years (it was only 29.51 last year) and I calculated the S-Points as 144 (compared to 88 last year). My math could be suspect (like Comp, I'm a retired senior now) but I'm fairly confident of its accuracy. The Senior's starting stack this year is 20,000 and the first level blinds are 100-100. They are using the big blind ante structure and antes begin in level 3 and are equal to the big blind. The tournament is now shown as being 4 days, with the last day being the final 6.

P.S. - any of you planning on joining me for Day 4?
  • Gogie wrote: »
    (like Comp, I'm a retired senior now)
    Who said I'm retired? lol.. I own and manage a website, amongst other things... I'm still looking at going May 31 - June 7. Now if I win the big 50 I may just stay for the seniors and super seniors..
  • Hmm, there's still a $99 flight showing for Jun 23 and Jun 25...

What do you guys think of this $1000 "Mini Main Event?" I kind of like that it's only 2 days long and has no re-entry.

July 1st, 60K Chips... Main event structure but with 30 min levels.
  • So it is getting that time again and I think this is the year I will make my WSOP debut.

Going over the schedule I like Event 12 right now, i love bounty events and it a 1 day which I like...would an event like this turn into bingo though?
  • FYI, online registration is now open on Bravo for all events and flights.

https://www.bravopokerlive.com/venues/wsop/
  • The plan is to fly down June 30th and play event #69 $1000 mini main event. I'm thinking about staying at the Flamingo. Nothing booked yet though.

Anyone have car rental suggestions? GF wants to rent one to drive to shopping while I play poker. Guess I better win something.
  • Costco travel but don't forget you are adding $20/day in parking.
    The plan is to fly down June 30th and play event #69 $1000 mini main event. I'm thinking about staying at the Flamingo. Nothing booked yet though.

Anyone have car rental suggestions? GF wants to rent one to drive to shopping while I play poker. Guess I better win something.
    I have stayed at the Flamingo a couple of times..i highly recommend.....its across the street from Caesars, but because of barriers you can t just jay walk across the street...you have to walk to the nearest set of lights....all told its about 15 min walk....your GF will definetly enjoy the shopping at Caesars....a very nice concourse and another indoor shopping area which looks like you are outside due to the lighting and the way they did the roof

Just be aware that on site airport parking is $15 per day or $65. for 7 days. The walk is very short into the terminal.. Having used it twice I really see no advantage to offsite parking and waiting for delivery or pickup.. 200' would be about the maximum I have walked to the terminal.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Just be aware that on site airport parking is $15 per day or $65. for 7 days. The walk is very short into the terminal.. Having used it twice I really see no advantage to offsite parking and waiting for delivery or pickup.. 200' would be about the maximum I have walked to the terminal.

So what you are saying is that my link is cheaper than anything but exactly a 7 day trip because after 7 days Hamilton goes back to charging you $15 for each additional day
    So what you are saying is that my link is cheaper than anything but exactly a 7 day trip because after 7 days Hamilton goes back to charging you $15 for each additional day

Correct, but what I am saying is Hamilton is not like any of the other airports that we normally frequent like Toronto or Detroit where the difference is huge. Have you ever been there? Hamilton airport is compact, onsite parking is real close and convenient, just not worth parking offsite unless you were going for a couple of weeks or more.. In my case, 8 days I will pay $80. for 8 days, exactly the same as the offsite coupon and even then the way I read it I would have to print off 8 vouchers and go through the hassle of waiting... No thanks, I'm tight (and cheap) but not that cheap..