Custom Poker Chips

I am considering getting a custom poker chip set. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best place to purchase them? Are there good Canadian sites or is my best bet from the US?

Comments

• Been down this road. There are no good canadian sites if you want nice chips. Most places only custom the lower end crap as its mostly a corporate and novelty market that cares not about quality.

Apache in Vegas does nicer custom chips but it's quite pricey. If you don't mind waiting and doing the legwork, your best bet for value is probably a group buy on Chiptalk or the like.

I'm sure the resident chip expert will have better info for you. :)
  • Check out oldwestpokerchips.com they just completed a Hybrid ceramic chip on pokerchipform.com, I thought they were kind of cool with the option to get custom labels. In the group buy I think they ranged from .65-.85 per USD based on size. They had two different sizes available 39mm and 43mm. I think the after GB price is .15 -.20 more per. These are the ones I was going to buy if you bought my tournament set.

If you have chips, you can check out Gear Labels on pokerchipforum he creates custom labels at .15 per.
  • checking out old west poker. what's the difference between ceramic and hybrid ceramic chips?

EDIT: forget it. i figured it out.
  • another question: is it possible to get good custom clay chips or is custom ceramics the better option? just curious what your opinions are.

i'm currently thinking about designing a set based on the le paulson noirs:

3756825280_d3629ea167_b.jpg
  • Noir's are a nice looking chip, I like the black inlay. I think your limited to suppliers in the custom clays (CPC is the only one I'm aware of). The CPC chips can get very expensive quickly, dependent on the complex edge spots, I looked into and $3 USD a chip was not abnormal. There are China clays which from what I've read seem to be bought in quantity in qroup buys, I've also heard there maybe an odor and become brittle over time. China clays typically would be the cheapest route but difficult to get in colours you would want and quantities required.

Ceramics obviously can be purchased significantly cheaper than CPC.

Get samples before you invest too much.

CPC has a building/pricing tool in the resources section on pokerchipforum.\
  • moose wrote: »

oh man that is awesome! $0.79 per chip sounds really good too.

tophatset-jpg.151283
  • here's my noob question for the day. can some chip expert please explain to me what this means:

"only one mold available - lammer (aka No mold)"

I'm assuming it's referring to the design around the outside of the chip face, correct?
  • damn moose, why'd you have to show me these? i don't think i can not get them ;)

i'm thinking 150-25s, 150-100s, 100-500s, 75-1000s, 25-5000s (500 total) for a nice one table tournament set up (12-12-7-5 breakdown) leaving me around 30 chips left of each for chip ups and/or rebuys. shit lol.
  • you won't ever need extra 25s. maybe 5 extra in case you lose or break one? or rebuys I guess, yeah sure but mostly I would colour straight to 500s or 1000s and use them for rebuys too.

I'm more of a 12-12-5-6 guy because 500s are mostly useless except for blinds.
  • My gf is enabling my new poker chip addiction. I mentioned to her that I might need to buy another set of chips and she said we should build a bar with a glass front with inlayed lights to showcase my chips. damn her! how am i supposed to get better?
  • trigs wrote: »
    My gf is enabling my new poker chip addiction. I mentioned to her that I might need to buy another set of chips and she said we should build a bar with a glass front with inlayed lights to showcase my chips. damn her! how am i supposed to get better?

She he has given you the inch.....now take a mile. Order the chips and book the Vegas trip.
  • Noooooo! These chips got cancelled due to the Top Hat and Cane logo!

Wow that sucks so much :(
  • Just playing around on the CPC chip design tool. What do you guys think? Colours are based off of avalons. I haven't decided on the molds yet, but the H-mold on the green $25s does make sense obviously. also considering hourglass, idk.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
  • I'm not the best what spot progressions are the norm, but I think typically from simple to more patterns as denominations get larger. Which you have done. Look at you go, shaped inlays on custom clay chips!!! Way to GO!

If i was doing chips, i would consider different shapes on different denominations.

I sure Moose will chime in.
  • good luck. you know how much those are going to cost? also I don't think bright white is available as a base colour so they will be more of a grey colour.

Also not a fan of the .00 and go with 25 with a cents symbol for the quarter.
    good luck. you know how much those are going to cost? also I don't think bright white is available as a base colour so they will be more of a grey colour.

Also not a fan of the .00 and go with 25 with a cents symbol for the quarter.

Oh yeah, these are hella-expensive. 700 chips is over $2000 before taxes and shipping. I'm just doing this for fun. Extremely slim chance I will be willing to spend this much on chips.
  • Looks much better without the decimals in the denominations. Also like the different inlays. H mold seems like a natural choice with your room name-which I also like. Maybe my eyesight is just getting worse but the letter size on Hammer Poker does seem a bit small.
  • Gottaget wrote: »
    Looks much better without the decimals in the denominations. Also like the different inlays. H mold seems like a natural choice with your room name-which I also like. Maybe my eyesight is just getting worse but the letter size on Hammer Poker does seem a bit small.

yeah i was thinking the letter size was a bit small too.
  • Put the text under the logo and denom at the bottom
  • I priced these out. 500 chips total (100 quarters, 150-$1s, 200-$5s, 50-$25s) with H-mold and shaped inlays = $1269.50 (before tax and shipping). Maybe if I take down a Brantford tournament I'll consider treating myself ;)
  • Are you sure you can get qty 50? I think there is a min order.
  • Just fooling around with some other ideas. Frac based on PCA chip, $1 based on Bond chip, $5 based on Empress chip, and $25 based on Aztar chip.
    hammer (PCA) $0.50.pnghammer (Bond) $1.pnghammer (Empress) $5.pnghammer (Aztar) $25.png
    Are you sure you can get qty 50? I think there is a min order.

This is all I can find on the website, so I think I'm okay with 50 quantity if I'm understanding this correctly.
    How many do I have to order?
    Because all real clay chips are made by a very labor intensive process we require a minimum of 300 chips. Within a 300 chip set you can have up to 3 unique chips. In a 400 chip set up to 4, and in a 500 up to 5 etc. Orders for 39mm and 44mm chips cannot be combined. Minimum order size for add-ons and re-orders will be evaluated on a case by case basis and lowered if possible.
  • trigs wrote: »
    This is all I can find on the website, so I think I'm okay with 50 quantity if I'm understanding this correctly.
    moose wrote: »
    Are you sure you can get qty 50? I think there is a min order.

Confirmed quantity is fine - as long as you have minimum 300 chips per mold and average over 100 chips per denomination.
  • The inlay looks great with the denominations at the bottom.