Party Poker Tournaments FLOODED WITH BOTS

I have been playing a lot of tournaments lately and I have noticed theres something strange going on. I know there are a ton of BAD players but some of the moves I have seen are unexplainable. People barreling bottom pair then check calling the river. One guy committed 30% of his stack before the turn with K high and binks it to crack Queens.

This doesnt seem that suspicious but what is convincing me I'm right is no one EVER talks in the chat. I could go on berating people endlessly and they'll never respond. Even if I ask a regular question i'll get no response. It is always from english speaking countries as well.

This is also combined with almost every single tournament having overlays, I know if bots were being put into the tournament it wouldnt generate money but they could knock people out and potentially save them from being paid out.

Is the party software so bad that people cant using the mobile app? Thats the only logical explanation.

Comments

• noone talks because chat is usually covered with automated dealer msgs and/or people are multi-tabling. Imo it is possible but your reasoning is not valid.
  • Don't know what your complaining about. These bots sound absolutely horrendous. Maybe try running better vs them.
  • Try playing at the Cave on Friday nights and you will swear that most are bots..:biggrin:

And Matt, you are even close enough to make it out to the Cave..
  • wtf...how do you know my name and my location ?
  • he knows black magic matt, it's best not to be on his vodoo dolls list
  • I get it hes a moderator but i never entered either bit of info. . .

Anyways where is this "cave" you speak of? How do u get in the game?
  • Well my voodoo doll tells me that it is in Cambridge every Friday evening 7pm, $40. buyin, 4-5 tables, quarterly championship game as well. Lots of bots (aka calling stations). Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in contact with the organizer. Also a 50/50 cash game after you bow out of the tourney. They even have a PLO tourney this Thursday eve.

Oh, and I'm not just a mod, I'm a Super Mod..:)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well my voodoo doll tells me that it is in Cambridge every Friday evening 7pm, $40. buyin, 4-5 tables, quarterly championship game as well. Lots of bots (aka calling stations). Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in contact with the organizer. Also a 50/50 cash game after you bow out of the tourney. They even have a PLO tourney this Thursday eve.

Oh, and I'm not just a mod, I'm a Super Mod..:)

When is the next quarterly championship tournament and how much is the buy in??
  • HeyMrJack wrote: »
    When is the next quarterly championship tournament and how much is the buy in??

You have to qualify for it by playing in the $40. weekly tournaments and gaining enough points. I think 35 of the 40 is payed out each week and 5 goes towards the quarterly one. There is no buyin for that. I think the payout to that one gets to about $2500. or so.
    The weekly one usually pays out about 6 places and the top is $400. plus.. The top 30 point getters plus each weekly winner get in. So show up once and win it you qualify, I did that a couple of seasons ago.
  • FYI, there are a number of other fairly regular tournament hosters on here as well, most $100. or less but Kitchener/Cambridge seems to be the hot spot. We also have the Royal team tournament coming up on Apr 21st which has teams of 8 players playing a series of SNG's. Do you have enough friends to enter a team? Great way to meet a lot of people on here $400. per team, all day event.
  • Fancy reads and ego plays are probably not how I would calibrate my bot if I made one