Royal Cup XX team thread, Apr 21st, 2018

Royal Cup XX team thread, Apr 21st, 2018
Team thread for Captains entries only.

This thread is to post team entries, members, who is playing what, etc.
Please do not post comments not pertaining to above, they will be deleted. Use discussion thread for random stuff...

Potential Teams: 9 max...

Rocks - Comp - confirmed
KitWho - Wolff - confirmed
Shady Poker - BankItDrew - confirmed
HBK v 983.2 - DrTyore - confirmed
POTY - tjackson8685 - Tim -confirmed (friend of shtebs)
On the river -Mark (aka formerly my co-captain) - confirmed
Loose cannons - waltsfriend - confirmed

Still room for one more if there is interest from some new party.

Donkey Launchers - Chavoto - Now out
Fish in a Barrel - Holychow - out
Loose Moose - Moose - out due to meh

Bradford team - Mike H - Potential?? email sent Feb 15 - out
The Wilson Gang - Prophet22 - Potential?? - away teaching in Brazil

Comments

• OK captains (or potential new captains) please get your teams ready and post you intention to field a team. Venue is confirmed, same as previous, same deal.

Limit-
    Comp - Jeff
    g2 - Greg
    Gogie - Brian
    mathers - Greg

Stud
    Big Bob
    PocketsTwos - Neil
    Toronto Pimp -Mike
    ddmilcan - Dave
  • Ill will organize a team.

Great to see the Royal continue, hope you are feeling good Jeff.

Working on repeating

KitWho? Is in
    Limit-
    Wolffhound - Dave -
    Hobbes - Ron - Confirmed
    Waterlooser- Adam - Confirmed
    No Forum- Kevin - Confirmed

Stud
    Big Mike - Shawn -confirmed
    Pinhead- Brad -confirmed
    Helmuth's Mole - Chris - Confirmed- Will be Late
    DataMn -Al - Confirmed
  • What's the buy-in again? $50 + $10 for mvp?
  • BankItDrew wrote: »
    What's the buy-in again? $50 + $10 for mvp?

yep but the 10 includes MVP and high hands. It is optional although about 95% participate...
  • Oh!

HBK is of course fielding a team... almost full too! :)

Mark
  • Shady Poker is ready

Limit:

Andrew (BankItDrew)
    Jared
    Jory
    Jack

Stud:

Jeff
    Frank
    Brent
    Ryan
  • Ok, that's 5 confirmed teams, where are the rest?
  • Captain, my Captain
    I have been instructed to log in and prove that rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated
    Been honing my skills underground, so l can sneak up on everyone.
    Milton Slim
  • What is it again now?

Everyone plays NLHE and Heads up and Omaha
    Split the team between Stud and Limit?

I can't remember since y'all changed it like 3 sessions back.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    What is it again now?

Everyone plays NLHE and Heads up and Omaha
    Split the team between Stud and Limit?

I can't remember since y'all changed it like 3 sessions back.

Mark
    You got it...
  • Not sure we are going to be able to run this as Moose told me last night that he is out since he has lost a couple of people and the rest don't seem interested anymore. Not sure what's going on there but his team has been a stalwart for ever. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see if we get another team but then will have to make a final decision. If it doesn't go this time I'm afraid our beloved Royal dies at 19.
  • Bump guys, we need someone to step up with more teams or this dies.. Holychow?
  • I blame this whole situation on the god damm Pringles can. People are afraid to play because they don’t think they can beat our Pringles can. This is what happens when someone brings a ringer to play in a friendly game.
  • I blame this whole situation on the god damm Pringles can. People are afraid to play because they don’t think they can beat our Pringles can. This is what happens when someone brings a ringer to play in a friendly game.

Yep, when the Pringles can beats 2/3 of the field you know the field is pretty weak. Maybe someone can enter a whole team of Pringles?
  • Is the problem that the venue won't host without a certain headcount?
  • That's one problem, since we get it for free they count on food and drink, I was told 60 but we have gotten away with 48 before.
  • Cane we try to get away with what we have? My team and I love this event and would hate to see it die. Unfortunately, we're not able to create another team at this time.
  • I might have someone interested in entering a team. I'll let you know ASAP
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    I might have someone interested in entering a team. I'll let you know ASAP

Please do, we are down to the pretty well last chance..
  • I know no games other than NL holdem, a bit of Limit holdem and PLO.

I'd like to come join in this tournament and support the royal cup. I can learn basics of new games too, if any team wants a member, let me know.
  • I have tried to recruit for this as well with little success. I have played in the Royal twice over the years and would be willing to play if there is a need for players.
  • Can you both post in the free agent thread if you don't mind. I think Justin (Holychow) is putting a team together and I may have someone else who is trying to put one together as well. Looks hopeful.
  • Looks like Justin is out but Pete is going to try and gather the rest together, perhaps with some guys from the Free Agent thread?

However I do have a 6th team captained by my former co-captain Mark who couldn't make the last one so I think we are good. Would sure like someone else to step up with a team as well. I am committing my $100. deposit with the venue now so please do not back out.
  • Thanks for putting down a deposit. If things don’t pan out and you lose the deposit - I’ll pitch in for a portion of it.
  • No need to Drew, I appreciate the offer though.. I think we are going to be ok.
  • Tim Jackson here. Steve Simonson referred me (we play cards together). I am happy to enter a team if there is space. Please let me know.
  • Tim Jackson here. Steve Simonson referred me (we play cards together). I am happy to enter a team if there is space. Please let me know.
    Absolutely, I have asked Steve to give you my email address. Glad to have you. I assume you have looked at the format?
  • Donkey Launchers now out, Chavato emailed me today that he has 3 members who would now play if someone needs them. Will also post this in the free agent thread.
  • New team POTY captained by Tim - tjackson8685, friend of shtebs.

Limit
    Kevin Elop
    David Strucke
    Ray Simonson
    Don Bent

Stud
    Tim Jackson
    Andrew Jackson
    Tim Martin
    James Cherry
  • Team "On the river"

Limit