PLO comeback...don't call it that

I have not played any serious or consistent poker for at least 2.5 years...time goes by fast. Buying and running a business has kept me extremely busy. This past weekend I finally had a day off to sit at home and I decided to load some poker sites.

My game was wayyyyyy off.

I lost $1000ish CDN on True Poker playing fairly low limit PLO...then I could not reload as I was actually logged in on a VPN and was only allowed to deposit as the site thought I was in London...oops.

Yesterday, I put around $370USD on Stars and ran it down to around $150 playing PLO25 and PLO50...I was running pretty bad but then also identified a hugggggge leak in my game. I then adjusted and have been 3-5 tabling PLO25 the past 2 nights and have that back up to $640USD after a few hours of play tonight.

For the first time in a few years, I am excited about playing. My goal is to start 6 tabling PLO25 in my limited free time and work on my game while growing the bankroll and building up to playing larger stakes. It would be more profitable to be playing live 5/10 PLO in Vancouver, but I do not have the time...so, my goal is to be profitable online and study a bit in my free time by watching a few PLO videos here and there once I get up to 4-6 tabling PLO100 or PLO200 as I assume the games will get tough at those online limits these days. Hopefully, this will also get my game sharp again for when I have time for some live PLO...although I don't foresee that anytime soon as I am working 6-7 days a week right now.

Once I figure out my PT4 registration again I will post some graphs. Should be a fun challenge after my failed attempts at getting back into live poker with my current lifestyle restrictions. Not doing this for the money, but a personal challenge to beat the online games.

Also, WTF with the Stars rewards now -- are they horrid, I cannot figure them out...although it is fun to click on the chests.

If anyone wants to rail me I am GTAPoker3 on Stars...will post on here when I start my sessions.

dont-call-it-a-come-backV2_zpsjics098j.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Yes Stars rewards is terrible. Think PLO100 is where the big jump is, at least as far as zoom goes but that's from what I've heard and not first hand experience. Also heard the PLO games are juicy on Party but you would have to deal with their pretty terrible software
  • The stars rake is almost unbeatable now, when they vamp it again probably next Jan it will be unbeatable for sure
  • What leak did you have? How did you fix it?
  • What leak did you have? How did you fix it?

playing too many marginal hands OOP...only took me 2 days to discover why I suck:)
  • getem76 wrote: »
    The stars rake is almost unbeatable now, when they vamp it again probably next Jan it will be unbeatable for sure

low limit PLO seems fairly beatable...I don't play holdem online. So far have played up to 2/4 PLO and games seem ok...mainly focusing on 6 tabling plo 25 and plo 50 right now...games aren't great but just doing this as a fun challenge for myself.

So far up to $800 from $370ish and PTO still not working for me:(...but I'll get it running soon
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    playing too many marginal hands OOP...only took me 2 days to discover why I suck:)

Good job fixing your leak and recognizing it!!!!!!
  • Good job fixing your leak and recognizing it!!!!!!

well..I used to be good at this game

what sites have good PLO action these days?
  • play on party imo, much softer, better rake and they improved their client a lot. good luck
  • thanks...make my 1k back and now don't have much time to play...will try out party at higher stakes next time i have the time...or better will hopefully have time to start playing live again
  • not much time these days...had a day off for the first time in 2 weeks and was too lazy to go to the gym tonight...who knew this could happen? The first spin n go that popped up had an $840 prize pool...100x roi not a bad start to the evening. FYI also won the $28 so there is that as well;)

Untitled_zpsxezwkeys.png