Online poker sucks

Still had some money in my TonyBet account. Decided to try the last tournament of the day, a PLO turbo.

5 left, 4 get paid, guess what happens.

TonyBetPoker Hand #18085735: Tournament #44985, Daily PLO Rebuy Turbo €250GTD Omaha Pot Limit (2500/5000 ante 620 play) 2016/02/14 23:05:47 GMT
Table '1' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: djgolfcan (42383 in chips)
Seat 2: kingjackjoke (82902 in chips)
Seat 3: pahligno (128365 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: czechpete (98420 in chips)
Seat 5: Xipleader (46930 in chips)
djgolfcan: posts the ante 620
kingjackjoke: posts the ante 620
pahligno: posts the ante 620
czechpete: posts the ante 620
Xipleader: posts the ante 620
Xipleader: posts small blind 2500
djgolfcan: posts big blind 5000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
kingjackjoke: folds
pahligno: folds
czechpete: folds
Xipleader: raises 13100 to 18100
djgolfcan: calls 13100
*** FLOP *** [2h Jd 3h]
Xipleader: bets 28210 and is all-in
djgolfcan: calls 23663 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (4547) returned to Xipleader
*** TURN *** [2h Jd 3h] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [2h Jd 3h Qs] [Kd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Xipleader: shows [5h 2c As Tc] (a straight, Ace high)
djgolfcan: shows [4d Kh Jh Qc] (two pairs, Kings and Queens)
Xipleader collected 86626 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 86626 | Rake 0
Board [ 2h Jd 3h Qs Kd ]
Game ended: 2016/02/14 23:06:28 GMT
Seat 1: djgolfcan (big blind) showed [4d Kh Jh Qc]
Seat 2: kingjackjoke folded before Flop
Seat 3: pahligno folded before Flop
Seat 4: czechpete (button) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Xipleader (small blind) showed [5h 2c As Tc]

Comments

• And he's back. ;)
  • pretty standard and fold pre
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    pretty standard and fold pre

But I should win my 75% on the flop hand, 100% of the time.
  • Did you let him know in chat prior to the money going in?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Did you let him know in chat prior to the money going in?

I think T8yourmoney does that and he is a PLO tourney pro. I should do that next time
  • Random deposit and shot at .25/.50 HU, stack up to $100

In on the turn after he bluff shoves... Do I even need to post a pic of the river card?

s4yi5s.png

Online poker sucks!
  • I have refrained from posting anymore online beats. I played on PartyPoker, in their latest series, yesterday Sitting at 90k in chips, blinds at 1k/2k - it all goes in preflop between me and two other players, who have me covered.

I have AA, they have QQ & JJ - Flop has a Jack, river a Queen and I am out in 380th place. Top 360 get paid.
  • Online poker is rigged. :D
  • I've always said, "live poker is rigged" and after my recent trip to Montreal I feel much stronger about this comment.

And to be fair, neither of those beats are really all that bad. For real beats, we should be looking in the T8 thread or the PLO backing thread.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I have refrained from posting anymore online beats. I played on PartyPoker, in their latest series, yesterday Sitting at 90k in chips, blinds at 1k/2k - it all goes in preflop between me and two other players, who have me covered.

I have AA, they have QQ & JJ - Flop has a Jack, river a Queen and I am out in 380th place. Top 360 get paid.

I have seen the same thing live, many times. Variance. In that scenario AA is only 67% to win so one out of three times you lose.

Ted
  • Bad beats happen as much online as live, the main difference is online you play 10x the amounts of hands that you do any live session, add to that the fact we always remember bad beats more than the times we suck out on someone one.
  • Bad beats happen as much online as live, the main difference is online you play 10x the amounts of hands that you do any live session, add to that the fact we always remember bad beats more than the times we suck out on someone one.

I believe this is what we call "quoting the Bible."
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I have refrained from posting anymore online beats. I played on PartyPoker, in their latest series, yesterday Sitting at 90k in chips, blinds at 1k/2k - it all goes in preflop between me and two other players, who have me covered.

That's okay DJ, you can start over tomorrow.
  • Ouch that's a hard way to go down with your kings... Especially with that big pot. Better luck next time mate ;)