So this is new . . .

Wow . . . spiffy.

Comments

• Not sure how I feel about it yet, hesitant to change lol
  • White text on black field? Blearghh . . .
  • yes that it just one of the few things im not too hot on.
  • And the fact it doesn't load as well

And nobody was complaining about the old setup

Mark
  • I prefer black text on white field as well. Pretty sure it's possible to give the user the option to use their preferred theme. Hope that'll be the case here.
  • Do not like the new look at all.
  • definitely like white background best
  • FINALLY . . . something that Mark and I AGREE on . . .
  • didn't see this thread, before I commented

same question, where do I click to see new posts?

Milton No where near Joe and Greg!
  • maybe i'm missing it, but i can't find the "new posts" button. where is it? if gone, why get rid of it?
  • wanted to like your post, but can't find that button either. Glad to see I am not the only blind guy

Milton Not so!
  • Ya we need new posts or today posts back.

Answered 1 minute before this post,lol.
  • oh yeah, no like option either!? that's annoying but i could survive without it i guess. however, no new posts button is hella-bad. there's no way i'm searching through every separate thread and sub-thread to locate new posts.
  • I've asked my coder to get on this but he must be napping..In the meantime:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/search.php?do=getnew
  • Ya..

None of this new setup is better than the old.. revert! REVERT!!

I can't even hit tab-space to instantly post

Mark
  • Also?

It seems the quote text is black on black? This new setup is balls.. and not the nice kind.. the sweaty after gym kind that leaves a salty taste in your mouth.

Mark
  • The forum was running old software that had security issues. The update was needed for many reasons..It's just a matter of tweaking things now to get it similar to the old setup.
  • ALSO also

Half the time when I click on "new posts" I get that activity stream shit, which is actually more like sack-cheese tasting... like a healthy mix of gonorrhea and poor hygiene

Mark

P.s. still can't do the alt-space post thing which tilts me to no end. Why fuck with shit nobody was complaining about?
  • Scoops wrote: »
    The forum was running old software that had security issues. The update was needed for many reasons..It's just a matter of tweaking things now to get it similar to the old setup.

Get it back to identical.. "similar" means "still not the same".

Balls balls.

I wonder if this quote is going to looks balls-y

Mark
  • Bahaha

It did

Mark
  • The new forum software has a lot of changes making it difficult to make the site exactly the same..Site security is more important.

Black quote being worked on now.

How exactly did this alt-space posting work before?
  • "Whats New" will be replaced with "New Posts" shortly.
  • I would hit the tab button, followed by the space bar, and that would highlight and activate "post reply" which was quaint. Sorry, meant tab, not alt.

This new setup is still balls.

mark

(FUCK tab-space again)
  • Another

"New posts" was better as a plain list. I don't need a picture of the most recent asshole to post (Milo's pic isn't that fun), and thereby resulting in a total of 4 updates on the page vs. the traditional like dozen.

Mark

(tab-space again)
  • try these..Seems different browsers/os have different keys for this.
    You can use Alt+S to post or Alt+X to go advance.
    In firefox, it's ALT+SHIFT+S, not ALT+S

Will test more in a bit..let me know if any of these work.
  • I saw the Alt-S thing

But I've been using the other for like. 8 years, hard to change... set in my ways.

Mark
  • This is going to be changed back
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Another

"New posts" was better as a plain list. I don't need a picture of the most recent asshole to post (Milo's pic isn't that fun), and thereby resulting in a total of 4 updates on the page vs. the traditional like dozen.

Mark

(tab-space again)
  • Glad to see it isn't just me driving people away :)
  • I'm waiting for the next update, where we can all put on our virtual visors and hang out around a virtual cpf table... when's that update coming???... next month?